Builders ....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mrs Pink, 14 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :mad: Yesterday I was walking along in my black work skirt suit and heels, feeling reasonably smart and good about myself because of my losses, when I walked past a bunch of young builders sitting on the pavement having their lunch. They were giving passing women marks out of 10. Now, I would consider myself at 41 to be "off their radar" but unfortunately, no. One of them looked at me and said "I'd give her a f*cking ZERO" and the other said "But she's got huge t*ts though" whereupon they all laughed. I carried on walking a few steps and thought "NO! I am NOT just taking this!" so I spun on my heel and gave them the middle finger. Their jaws just about hit their knees in shock. I was still upset though. Anyway thought I'd get it off my (admittedly large) chest ....:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

oh hun

:( i ber u r gorgeous :) ur clearly way better than any of them and they were jealous

chin up hun

we all love ya :)
    xx

4. munchkin

munchkin Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    what a bunch of S**t heads!! honestly, doesn't that make you cross :mad:. who bloody gave them permission to make judgements about others .... sooooo wrong.

Ok rant over!

Sweetie, good for you with your fast response and determination! I know it didn't stop you being upset, but I bet there was some satisfaction to be had from stopping them in there tracks x

5. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    good on u for giving them the finger, obviously they feel a bit insecure in themselves to degrade women like this

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Ooh this hit a nerve with me.

I once went to a wimmins' group (about 20 years ago) and the only time I cried (in all of the horridness of my childhood etc) was when I was describing how appalling it made me feel to walk past a building site and to be judged by this horrid breed of men.

(I know not all of them do it, but it is a stereotype with a grain of truth PLUS I married a feckin builder, so I should know! lol).

Alas, these days, I'm more likely to do a Joanna out of Green Wing and, if they don't whistle, go back and rip off my shirt to give them another chance!!!!

I think you were remarkably restrained to merely give them the finger. I would have been tempted to either a) hit them with a torrent of foul language that they hadn't even heard of or b) given them a schoolmarmy lecture on good manners!

I think you retained your dignity beautifully and should take comfort in the fact that you probably earn twice as those low-life do!

They simply couldn't afford you, darling!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

7. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Awwww bless ya hun, f*ck em! You're a better person than those ar*eholes. Glad you gave them the birdie!!!!

xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.