Building up to it

fawn4n

Hi, I am starting the cambridge diet on tuesday 20th of March. I am hoping to keep it a secret from my partner as right now I am hating on him really bad. I need to sort myself out, my kids have left the nest and I am wondering what on earth I should be doing with myself. I am only 44 and feel like I am about 104, when I look in the mirror I just feel disgust. My dad just had a heart attack and this has really curtailed his life so I am being supportive and running around after him.
On top of all this I recently found out that my partner has been having an affair for years. He says he doesn't want to leave me but he wont stop playing away. I have been absolutely devastated by all this and my self esteem has hit rock bottom. I have to get myself on top form and maybe then I will have the courage to do something about him and his lies. I can't just disappear inside a box of chocolates and give up on life. I have to fight and losing weight will give me such a lift.
I am reading all your blogs and building up my belief that this diet can work in the run up to Tuesday so keep blogging you have no idea how great they are.
thanks empty xxx

Hello - I started on Tuesday and weighed myself today (although proper weigh in is tomorrow with my consultant) and i have lost 8lb already... U Will see results with this diet which in turn will give you more confidence to deal with things. U Will feel great about urself. I have 4 stone to loose and feel better already. Go for it.xx

All ready

So I met my consultant today, she was lovely and I now have all my soups and shakes ready. Tomorrow is the big day, the first day of my new life. I have no idea how to set up a ticker so will just have to state my details on here. I weighed today 15st 10lbs and I want to be under 10st so almost 6 stone to lose. My road will be a long one but at the end I will feel confident and attractive and therefore able to make good choices.

Thanks Carleen for sending me a message. I am so glad it is working for you and maybe we will both achieve what we want.

empty xxx

Hey, Im glad ur all set up now. Last Monday was my "last supper" and within that time my stomach is flat and i lost 10lb (weigh in was yesterday). When ketosis sets in ur weight will fall off. I initially weighed 15 stone 5lb and want to weigh around 11stone. Please, please stick at it as u will look and feel Sooo much better at the end, be STRONG and ignore any urges. Use this forum as it helps and TRY ur best not to eat non-cambridge cos if u do u will be out of ketosis for a few days, thus slowing down the time it will take to get slim. We don't want that.... ;-)

Are u on sole source or sole source+?

X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hi empty, How's it going?xx

Hi Carleen, well it's day three and I am struggling a bit. I don't like some of the shakes n soups I chose and am a bit worried about lasting the week, hopefully I can see my Cambridge lady and get some more. Forcing all the water down is a bit of a chore but I am getting there. You had a great weight loss well done! I need this to work and am gonna keep fighting so that I feel good about myself when I walk out on my partner lol. I am hoping that this energy burst and full feeling kicks in quick, I read all the diaries and most people have had it, did you? Empty x

I didn't like some of the shakes too but my consultant Said beforehand i can swap them for something else if i needed. See if u can do the same!! U dont want to force it down u if u really hate it. Which ones don't u like? i hated butterscotch but like choc, vanilla and banana. Its nice when u try them hot too e.g. hot chocolate!! In terms of soup i like tomato alot... try a bit of everything, (see it as something to look forward to). U will then know the ones u really like and it will be easier to stick too. Its my third week on Monday and i will try a porridge and i will be allowed the bars so i will try them.

Day three is always the hardest so keep at it. Your body takes a few days for ketosis to kick in. Once it does kick in the weight starts falling off. I know the water intake is hard but trust me, u will get used to it. I have 1 litre after a shake / soup. Im sure ur allowed tea and coffee too but check with ur consultant because i don't drink tea/coffee - it can be part of ur water/fluid intake. Remember the more water u drink the more u loose.

I felt energetic on my 4/5th day and all of a sudden woke up an hour early for work...... but now Im normal. I think my body has adjusted. Sometimes i feel tired but i always felt tired even before Cambridge.

Whenever u feel u wanna eat something, remember ur goal!!

x

Day four

Much better today thank goodness and my lovely consultant popped around with some more shakes that I do like, so I am not so worried now. The water consumption is killing me at the moment but I am working on it. I think the lovely weather has helped today and I am trying to think positive thoughts. Its bloody hard cooking for everyone else though, had to fry some onions tonight and sooooo wanted to eat some. Ah well the new me will thank me for saying no and no and no lol
You are doing so well Carleen, I hope I have as good a loss as you.
empty x

Glad u got more shakes. :)

Today has been hard for me, Im considering doing sole source plus soon because I really miss chewing. On Monday Im allowed bars so after my third week i will see if bars made a difference. If so then i will probably do sole source plus at weekends only.

I've had my tomato soup and now drinking my water in bed.

Keep up the good work of avoiding temptations. Soon our extra pounds will have melted away. Xx

Weigh in tomorrow

Almost my week done and the only thing I have eaten apart from shakes is one hot cooked prawn. God it tasted good, I am not sure I can keep this diet going. I want to so bad but with a house full of teenage kids, their move outs delayed it is killing me. I need to be slim, I need it so bad, I want to do it, I am so hungry though. I am wondering whether to go to atkins until they leave and then restart cambridge or maybe do a combination of the two.
Help I need advice I really am struggling.
Weigh in tomorrow.
empty
x

fawn said:
Almost my week done and the only thing I have eaten apart from shakes is one hot cooked prawn. God it tasted good, I am not sure I can keep this diet going. I want to so bad but with a house full of teenage kids, their move outs delayed it is killing me. I need to be slim, I need it so bad, I want to do it, I am so hungry though. I am wondering whether to go to atkins until they leave and then restart cambridge or maybe do a combination of the two.
Help I need advice I really am struggling.
Weigh in tomorrow.
empty
x

Hey - why don't u speak to ur consultant tomorrow and ask to do sole source Plus? u still loose weight.. u are allowed a 200 calorie meal a day plus ur 3 products and water. From what i recall u can have prawns,chicken,white fish,boiled eggs and certain Veg. Ur consultant should give u the book with everything listed. I think i do that from next week.

Just had my second weigh in and lost 4lb. Considering i ate a creamy fairy cake on Thursday Im ok with 4lb. Its my first and last though as i could of lost more... Anyway, a stone in two weeks is still good. I remember i had a prawn in my first week too...

Hi Empty. Only just seen your diary. It is really hard, especially when you are cooking for others and everyone around you is eating all sorts of things you crave. I have 4 kids myself, so I know what it's like to sit through McDonalds and not so much as nibble a chip. You need a will of iron!

Don't make a decision now. See how you feel after your weigh in. I found that first loss a real motivator.

Either way, I hope everything else turns out for the better. Sorry you are going through such a horrible time. :(

You are in a real tough place right now, Empty. :( But you've put your attention to where it needs to be - on yourself and making yourself healthier. CD does work and you've been so good the first week that I'm sure you will see a good result at your weigh in. :)

When I'm struggling, I come read the diaries and discussions. It really does help; you realize you're not the only one struggling with food issues and life issues. The people in these forums are really supportive!

Hang in there and good luck with your wi!

Back