Bullion drink....

Starlight

Gold Member
Does anyone else have this. I used to use it for stock when making soup but remembered that its ok for a VLCD. Had it as a hot drink tonight and OMG its lovely!! Really tasty, has much more of a 'real' soup taste....

I think Im addicted lol

Hehe, I know Starlight, I've been having 1 or 2 cups a day and it really lovely for a savoury hit! The only trouble is, I've had to replace a jar of it and could only get a new low-salt version - yuk!!!! Just doesn't taste the same! I'm using up the chicken and beef flavour ones that have been hanging around my cupboard now :)

im addicted too i got some tuesday and went for the organic low salt veg one and i love it. ive been having 4 or 5 a day i hope thats ok im just really hungry at the mo and still not in ketosis its day 4 after my blip on tuesday so am using these to help me get through.

I got some from tescos the other day wasnt sure how much you were allowed to drink ?

All I know is that LighterLife sell a savoury broth (which I never bought, but apparently the nutritional information was nigh-on identical to vegetable bouillion), and you could have 2 cups a day. I think the limit is because of the salt content, though someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I stick to a 5g teaspoon in a mug twice a day - perfect now the weather's colder :) x

All I know is that LighterLife sell a savoury broth (which I never bought, but apparently the nutritional information was nigh-on identical to vegetable bouillion), and you could have 2 cups a day. I think the limit is because of the salt content, though someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I stick to a 5g teaspoon in a mug twice a day - perfect now the weather's colder :) x

thanks lucy i bought the low salt one and somedays have 3-4 do you think that would be ok?

hi everyone just to confirm i spoke to exante its perfectly fine to have the boullion drink they said it wont affect your ketosis or loss at all but personally i would recommend the low salt if you can.

Well done Spyro! I'm glad you asked them direct as I didn't want to advise about something I wasn't sure on. Bouillion has been a lifesaver this last week - I'm definitely finding the colder weather harder.

Well done Spyro! I'm glad you asked them direct as I didn't want to advise about something I wasn't sure on. Bouillion has been a lifesaver this last week - I'm definitely finding the colder weather harder.

me too hun its certainly been keeping my hands warm but its definately harder when its freezing you just want a nice warm comforting meal.

What is this stuff? When you mentioned knorr i have visions of you all drinking gravy!!! LOL xx

What is this stuff? When you mentioned knorr i have visions of you all drinking gravy!!! LOL xx

its like veg stock, watery with about 2 tiny bits of carrot in and herbs

I just tried this for the first time and all i can say is mmmmmmmm..........
Thanks so much for the tip. This will be great for the cold weather!

Yep, I'm also using the marigold brand...its fab

The new Knorr one is 25 less salt - and it has a layer of gross oil on the top - NOT IMPRESSED!!!! It's much less tasty than the old one too :(

Back