Burghley Horse Trials

*honey

Silver Member
Is anyone else going??

I LOVE Burghley Horse Trials, I have been every year for the last 15 years.
This year were going up Friday and camping...ekk.. for sat and sunday. We plan to shop shop shop tomorrow, watch and walk the XC course on saturday and have ticket for the Show Jumping on Sunday.
This is all my 30th Birthday pressi from my mate ( birthday was May) Cant wait :)

For me it is one of the best places in the world. My best friend here is over in England at the moment and is at Burghley today and tomorrow. My fave. day is cross country day even though I am a dressage nut. I find that level of dressage tedious and have to remind myself that these horses and their riders are the super stars of the equine world as they have to be good in three disciplines and the x country really is scary.

The last time we were there was three years ago when DH bought me an amazing hand made coat that I still wear now.

We love everything about it, the atmosphere, the shopping, the food, all those dogs, I think every other person there has a dog nearly all Labradors or jack Russell's , but most of all the horses. We even do the tour of the house every-time we go.

Last time we combined it with buying horses for folks over here so travelled around a fair bit as well.

Enjoy . I know you will. The weather never makes an iota of difference. Burghley is good regardless of the weather.

I think I am a tad jealous lol !!!

Enjoy *Honey, it will be the first Saturday I haven't been in years. We live locally so have managed to blag tickets for past few times. Maybe will pop over on Sunday but haven't bought any tickets for show jumping. I am so happy there are other horsey people on here :D

Well, i'm back from the weekend at Burghley. What a fantastic weekend i have had :) We went on Friday morning and spent the day SHOPPING!! spent waaaaaaaaaaay too much money...lol
Saturday we walked the XC course. One bad fall and rider was air lifted to hospital, but she is fine and has been discharged. Then had tickets to the showjumping and saw the great Lenamore WIN. ( a friend of mine used to own Lenamore when he was a 4yr old, but sold him as he was too naughty!)

Have had a very naughty SW weekend....... but hey, i'll get back on plan tomorrow and see what the scales say next saturday morning..lol it'll be fine.
I have enjoyed all my naughties :) ( there were lots of 'good' things like spinach and asaparags and pasta BUT they were covered in a gorgonzola cheese sauce....lol
strawberry and orange accompanied by chocolate tart and clotted cream.....hehehe)

I am so envious couldnt get up there this year due to other commitments. Would have loved to be there.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Aah glad you had a great time xx

me too !!!!

Back