Burning taste

Hey everyone, Im new, Ive been on the SS diet now for Three weeks and have stayed motivated, but past few days felt ill, nauseus and starving, had stomach pains on right side as if was twisting my bowels, but after 12hrs was fine, but since I started it had foul taste in mouth and permanently furry tongue despite brushing over 5times a day, but Ive stuck it out, yet noticed when I spit its yellowish brown and awful, not sure why and occasionally my gums are bleeding, but today No idea why when I was drinking my water it tasted burnt, as if it had been burnt in pan or something, so changed it and still burnt taste, not quite sure what it is, or how to get rid of it, its literally making me sick whenever I drink the water. Anyone else had that?? And the water in general makes me nauseus, Im drinking around 2ltrs a day, which is so hard for me but trying still. But it seems to get harder, making me sick every day and now this burnt taste.....

It may be the taste of ketosis, fat burning. I have had that taste since soon after I started. All food I smell also has that same smell"taste". I welcome that because that is how I know I have remained in K-land since I started slim-fast in June. I have gotten used to it. I don't know if that is what is going on with you but maybe others will be along to share their thoughts.

Thanks Edi, I seemed to go into Ketosis by day 2-3 but this is a very different taste, I havent got a sense of smell Luckily haha, but this taste is awful, finding it hard to get through my last bottle of water.

Welcome to Ketosis! I had that, mine was just like burnt toast when you had scraped it, I lasted a few weeks but then was not so noticeable. I used alot of mouth spray. I feel for you :-( hope it eases soon

Oh, thought I was in ketosis on 2nd day as my breath was like paintstripper hahaha. Though only recently had the burnt thing, like burnt water, and toast as you said, its so awful, tried some extra sugar free gum earlier and chewed for a minute to three as recommended and was ok for maybe 1 minute, so far driving me insane. Was sure as I was already in ketosis it was something else. Good job I havent a sense of smell haha.

Back