Busybusy's 4 week challenge

Morning Atkins Island!

All well here, stuck mostly 100% on opening my fast yesterday...bar 4dates slipped in...oops ;-0, hoping no damage been done.

Starting to doubt myself and the diet, as I hopped on the scales this morning and they've not budged :-/ frustrating! Think its time to give them to hubby to maybe hide!!

Fasting again today so had eggs and 2qourn sossies (4gs carb each! eek!) early this morning. Not sure what's for dinner later will update, may do some spicy lamb patties

Hope your all winning x

I imagine th dates are high fibre and 'help things along', LOL! I dont think you need doubt the diet, this month is going to mess up any diet you try. I think the biggest curse woud be you worrying about it.

BTW, do you like Spam (Hormel company), I love it fried instead of sausages.

I imagine th dates are high fibre and 'help things along', LOL! I dont think you need doubt the diet, this month is going to mess up any diet you try. I think the biggest curse woud be you worrying about it.

BTW, do you like Spam (Hormel company), I love it fried instead of sausages.

Thanks Lynne, I know your right. A lot of us females gain in R, due to metabolism slowing right down. It doesn't seem to affect the men though, they always end up losing!! I've not tried the spam, what's it made from? I'm not a pork eater.

Oh its so embarrassing, you'd think I would have made the connection seeing as I live surrounded by Muslims, LOL!

Don't worry, I think it was funny ;-)....I'm not offended, you were not to know. I should've recognised the name I do know what spam is x.

ROFL Busy, but I WAS to know, -you are fasting for Ramadan, ergot, you wouldn't be a pork eater. I am not bright, but I know THAT much :whistle:

Ha ha, I know. But it's so easy to press send and think after! I've done it loads and felt like a tool many a time. Blatantly left comments in wrong diaries and all sorts!

Forums a bit quiet.....it's like a ghost town.

Was wondering where you all were;

Well fast over and Im truly stuffed people! Supper was;

Salad
Lamb patties
Chicken curry
4 dates
Coke zero

Having a nice cuppa with soya milk.

Salad
Lamb patties
Chicken curry
4 dates
Coke zero

Oooooo I could just go some lamb patties and chicken curry! I'm not hungry during the day but starving at this time!

Is your curry very atkins friendly? Can you share the recipe? I have hard in the cupboard but all loaded with carbs :-( x

Salad
Lamb patties
Chicken curry
4 dates
Coke zero

Ooooo I could just go some lamb patties and chicken curry! Feel sooo hungry!

Is your curry recipe atkins friendly, silly question..... Can you share your recipe? x

Hi tee and sue,

Recipes follows, I never measure or anything and usually cook for the family - so you may end up with a big batch!

Lamb patties,

For the spices I use packets, so if you live near any Indian supermarkets its chapli kebab mix, don't worry if not I'll list them separately.

2lb minced lamb leg
1 onion & 4-5 green chillies minced
To taste or around 1.5 tea spoon each;
Salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, chillie flakes, garam masala.
1/4 bunch coriander
1 egg for binding

Chop the coriander, add all ingredients and mix well. To make the patties, make mince into meatball's, place between two sheets of carrier bag, so the meatball is covered and then press with a dinner plate until flat you'll get nice round patties. Then grill or shallow fry, taking care when turning x.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373788221.800520.jpg

Here's one I made earlier....Voila!!

Chicken curry;

1lb chicken breast
Oil 2 tablespoons
2 knobs of butter
1onion
2fresh or 1/2 tinned tomatoes
Garlic (1/2clove fresh or 1 frozen cube)
Ginger (3-4cm fresh or 1 frozen cube)
Fresh green chillies 4-5
Fresh coriander
To taste or 1.5 tea spoon; salt, chilli powder, curry powder and garam masala
Pinch of cumin seeds, mustard seeds and 1-2 whole dry red chilli.

Heat oil, add cumin, mustard seeds and red chilli. When the seeds start to pop add tomatoes and onions (chopped for authentic or liquidised if you prefer no lumps and a smooth gravy). Cook on low with the lid on pan for 3-5 mins.

Add the spices and chopped green chillies and stir fry on high (2-3 mins) until the colour turns from red to golden brown. Add the chicken stir fry until the gravy drys (3-5 mins), add water for desired consistency I.e. keep it dry - tandoori style or a more gravy curry style.

Add the butter and cook on low heat for 5 mins. Add garam masala and chopped coriander to garnish.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373790047.885576.jpg

Voila!!

Morning all,

Well.....last night went a bit off the rails and scoffed a bowl full of dates!! Ooops!! I might not even be in ketosis
:-( I guess after fasting my mind was thinking Eat! Eat! don't know when we'll get to again. Goldilukes signature about food zombie springs to mind.

Oh....and there was the loads of seconds of dinner just before bed! So had no breki this morning and I'm keeping my fast on a litre of weak squash.

Never mind!!

Off to do a workout. Which are really paying off, even if the scale gods have abandoned me :-(

Hope your all winning !

Back