BUT BEFORE I START...

My 1st week was the best week ever because i really felt like i achieved somthing. The only difference i felt was that i was very sleepy on the 3rd, 4th and 5th day. But every1s different and you may feel nothing at all. Good luck with your weightloss when u do eventually start and the advice i give you is to start cutting down on wat you eat if possible (i know easier said than done) and if ur not a water drinker (like urs truly) then start getting ur self used to that. keep us posted on your progress!

Both LighterLife and Cambridge Diet are VLCD's (very low calorie diets) the biggest difference is that with LighterLife you receive counselling in the form of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and TA (transactional analysis) to understand why you have weight issues, what triggers them, and how you can behave in future to avoid putting the weight you have lost through the VLCD back on.

The therapy is in a group, and is lead by an accredited weight-management counsellor.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Each to their own - but personally i think LL is better as it tackles our issues with food head on. Cambridge gets your weight off but at the end you still have the same issues as the start

yeah maybe, i have all the papers signed and am ready to go and waiting for the blinking right number of people to appear for it to start but to be honest, i am terribly private person and the idea of talking about my feelings in a group and being weighed and having fat photos taken...that people have access to other then me...and possibly bumping into someone i know...it's why i didn't do LL years ago and more recently up til now. apart from last time when i went abroad for 6 months so couldnt start.... and in fact in a couple months i am moving permenently ,so in a couple months i wont be able to make any meeting, let alone not all of them so i am effectively wasting my money for that apart. however, i want to do it. oh i am in a muddle now with it all!
ahh calling all sensible people, i cant handle the choosing!!! xx

Where are you moving too luv?????? I am such a private person and still dont really say very much in class and when asked a question i can feel my face going bright red - but everyone is in your group for the same reason. It is extremely emotional some weeks. We had a week a few weeks ago when about 4 or 5 of us were sitting crying during the group. It just takes you back to where you never want to be again and you just cant control your emotions x

Oh very nice luv. Do you have any family????

yup loads...i cannot tell you how badly i am eating...i think if i start on the 8th i need to cut right back down from june 1st...to give myself a good chance...dreading the start!!!

thanks blonde, i really think you guys are helpful...i lead a very busy life traveling all over and i am quite active physically and am worried i shan't be able to carry out days of moving fast on this vlcd...you really comforted me, thank you, and i pray for your mum, she is in such a better place, sweetie xx
ps yes i am afraid to say that food has become my mate, too

Hi secret.

U will still be able to be active. I never walked the length of myself and now i go for a run every single morning. Its only just over 3 miles but for me thats amazin :8855:. Some mornings wen my alarm goes off my brain just says 'No not this morning luv - go back to sleep' - but somehow - dont know how but my legs just jump out of bed as if by magic. Dont know what is happening to me. Think someone has invaded my body :angel09:

Hi secret.

U will still be able to be active. I never walked the length of myself and now i go for a run every single morning. Its only just over 3 miles but for me thats amazin :8855:. Some mornings wen my alarm goes off my brain just says 'No not this morning luv - go back to sleep' - but somehow - dont know how but my legs just jump out of bed as if by magic. Dont know what is happening to me. Think someone has invaded my body :angel09:
i wish an exercise crazy Alien would invade my body. i keep telling myself i will start exercising but have not quite got there!

Think i just thought maybe if i exercise it might work with the weight coming off so quick and help me to tone up as i go along.

believe me thats my intent too (ive heard stories about horrid excess skin) . and all i have to do is go down to the cellar as ive got an exercise bike and lateral thigh trainer already set up aswell as the sit up frame thingy! i'm just plain lazy!

I am too but make myself do it. Keep telling myself i will be grateful in a couple of mths time. God i hope so

lol tell me about it!

You dont have that much to loose tho so you should be ok

Back