BUT BEFORE I START...

It feels like alot. 63 kilos is my first target. Not sure yet beyond that though.

oh dont...i am worried about excess skin, i plan on losing 6 stone (well 5 but 6 maybe) as fast as i can so...you know ...fingers crossed xx
i will get there BLIMEY!!! 3 miles running a day!!! i 3 MILES??? wowee xx

I lost almost 12 stone and 18 months later the skin on my stomach is back to as normal as I could expect it to be. Yes it's not perfect, but I'm not 18 any more!
I do a lot of running and swimming now to keep my weight off and I'm sure that is why my skin isn't too freaky any more. After my initial weight loss it was a bit wierd looking but I quite liked it! And it's much better having excess skin than excess pounds! There has to come a time when you're happy with your body and if you stick to the plan, you will be-sooner than you think!

I totally agree when you say losing the weight is more important than worrying about excess skin. This is probably why i'm not too worried about doing anything about it at the moment. But i still intend to start some form of exercise just to push the weightloss a little and if it helps with the elasticity of my skin then its definatly a bonus. I apologise if i came across as insensitive when i mentioned the excess skin but it was put to me in exactly the same way and i am slightly worried about it especially on my tummy and arms!

Last edited:
Hi Rachel. Thanks for that. I would def like to tone up as i go but with the weight dropping so quickly and so much to loose i am guessin it will take my body a while to catch up with the losses. Like you - getting the weight off is much more important than extra skin. Guess i will just keep up with the running and see how it goes. Was looking at your pics and my god you would hardly know it is the same person. You have done fantasic to get where you are now. Well done.

Dazzle you will be fine luv. I'm going to be 38 on Tuesday - so i doubt if i will need to be running around half dressed anymore - so dont really need to worry too much about the excess skin :8855:

IWGT when you lose all the weight age wont matter! and 38 aint too old to be showing off alittle skin. chin up hun. have a fab day.

Each to their own - but personally i think LL is better as it tackles our issues with food head on. Cambridge gets your weight off but at the end you still have the same issues as the start

It is each to their own for sure. Cambridge does still give you therapy but it's one on one and I think it depends a lot on your Cambridge counsellor as to how effective it is. I chose Cambridge because I'm selfish and really not interested in group therapy sessions, I wanted to deal with MY problems with food and not have to listen to anyone elses. Very selfish I know but at the end of the day I'm the one that got myself fat and I need to be the one to fix that. My counsellor has helped me identify why I eat, and where my problems lie. I know some counsellors aren't as pro-active as mine in this respect.

As for advice before starting, I'd definitely recommend cutting right down on your carbs because it's the carb withdrawal that can make people get horrible headaches and feel grim for the first couple of days.

Good luck hun, you won't regret it!! xxx

every1 needs to find a diet that suits them i've tried a few things but failed at each of them because i was allowed to eat.and just never know where to draw the line. i think being totally cut off from food suits me fine and in the process im learning why i did eat the way i did!

i went for a power walk in the park today. it took me 20 mins to do one lap. i wanna try n do 2 tommoro as wasnt at all tired with just the 1 so 2 laps should do the trick. watch this space.

Surfhunny i think you are completely right. Well done on doing so well on CD. I'm an all or nothing type of person and my head was all over the place so i def needed the counselling im getting.

Dazzle well done luv. Another couple of weeks and u will be running round. Just increase a wee bit at a time x

Back