Butchers VS Supermarket

12stone_wannabe

I usually get all my meat from Tescos but was wondering is it a) cheaper at a butchers and b) is it better from a butchers?

The meat we had the other night shrank so much it got me thinking!

From my own experience the quality of meat from the butchers is better than Tesco although price wise it is slightly more expensive.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I dont mind paying a little bit more if its going to be a lot better! I'm sure hubby wouldnt mind either as he had a snack about 30minutes after eating that meat the other night cos he was sooo hungry still.

Much much much much better. Ask some friends who they use, you won't regret it! :D

All my friends live about 15 miles away so i'll not do that! But there is a butchers that we use to get the christmas turkey from so guess i'll be paying them a weekly visit from now on :)

Butchers have modernised mine does a lovely chicken breast in parma ham with garlic butter mmmmm

Defo butchers meat, no comparison! x

Butchers are a lot more expensive but if you can afford it then it's definitely the better option! I remember going to an organic butcher near me and paying about £9 for a pound of chicken and pork mince!

Its not that much more expensive and the whole get what you pat for springs to mind, you have to be careful with supermarket stuff as its not always what it seems, however (Id like to think) that my local butcher sells what he advertises if you get what I mean xxx

i live in the local butchers shop i can have any meat i want whatever cut i want and how much i want, cost wise not much difference just better quality. he takes the fat off for me and that means i can't eat it lol

yes, I am with everyone else. I perfer the butchers to store bought meat. My local one does mainly british meats and they are all free range. The price is comparble to the taste is no where near the same. Store bought meat lack any kind of flavour. I also buy meats from the farmers market as well as veg, I can normally get the veg fresher and cheaper than the stores, and the meats well they are more expensive, but they are normally organic too. Which taste great. Rarely much seasoning required because the meat is sooooo good. And every removes the fat and bones for me without trouble.

Back