Puddings Butter icing substitute

christmasfairy1

Silver Member
Anyone found a near as dammit substitute for butter icing? I've tried the quark variation and hated it I'm gonna make a cake tomorrow but really want icing on so anyone who has tried something that really works can you let me k now plz

Thanks x

Sorry but I think you are on a hiding to nothing here. I think you will just have to bite the bullet and syn it, but an ordinary icing made with icing sugar will be lower than butter icing.

you could use a light cream cheese. It will of course be syns, but it will be lower than what butter cream will.

You can work out the syns for the light cream cheese, by applying 1 syn to every 20 calories (as no free food allowance)

Have you tried Greek 0% fat yogurt mixed with a sachet of the white chocolate flavoured options and a bit of sweetner? It's not quite the same as butter icing but does make a nice low syn topping for cakes!

Ooh that's an idea, I made the lemon cup cakes and did the lemon extract/ icing sugar topping and I found it a bit perfumey but I'm planning to do the chic ones so we shall see

Why not use nutella (not sure if thats how you spell it :)

Yes I may do would like to try make it a little bit creamier though not sure how well it would mix with 0% or anything else like that do you know syn values for nuttella?

Back