Butter substitute

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Shrimpity, 28 June 2014.

1. Shrimpity

Shrimpity Member

Hi everyone.

I love veg ,but I'm getting a bit bored of having them without butter. Especially new potato. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Squares76

Squares76 Well-Known Member

Butter buds.

You can get it online and I think Lakeland sell it, it's like a powder that you sprinkle on stuff and it melts. Great on a jacket potato etc. 1/2 syn per sachet.
  3. NotsofattyPatty

NotsofattyPatty Well-Known Member

For new potatoes I sometimes make a dressing of fat free natural yogurt with (sugar free) mint sauce stirred through to taste - it's good on cold chicken too.

If you can't manage without butter, you can still have it; just make sure you Syn it. Syns can be used to make meals tastier eg on ketchup, gravy, mayonnaise/salad cream - or, for you, a little bit of butter.
  4. eejayess

eejayess Well-Known Member

I really like the frylight butter flavour sprayed on hot jacket and new pots as well as other veg. If you add a little salt I think it tastes really good, and free.
  5. MelonCollie

MelonCollie Well-Known Member

I use Aromat. It's 7 syns for the whole pot and I only ever use a dash. :)
  6. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

I don't mind Laughing Cow Light as a substitute for butter / spread. I know it's cheese, but it doesn't really taste "cheesy" if that makes sense? It's just something to add a bit of moisture.

You get 5 x Laughing Low Light cheese triangles for a Healthy Extra A.
  7. Since when has aromat been synned - I use it all the time and have been told by my consultant it's free ????

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com