Buttercups week one over... 11 weeks to go!

Buttercups

Hi all,

I'm new to the CD plan, started last Wednesday so should have wrote this last week really but better late (ish) than never!

I spent my teens and early twenties and size 10-12 then I only went a got married and the love chub just appeared overnight.. Or so I thought! Fortunately for me (not so much for Husband) he is too in the same boat.. 3 stone heavier than ideal. Me on the other hand is 6 stone heavier than I really need to be so as of last Wednesday, this will be changing and for good!

Im now 26 and I started off at 15st 11lbs and yesterday's WI revealed I've lost 9lbs (squeal)! I really thought I'd be the first weirdo to go through the first week and gain, just because I sniff food and oh look, I'm lbs heavier!

I've not had too many temptations the first week but did go to the Noel Gallagher gig on Sunday and missed having a cheeky little drink.. Don't usually go to gigs without a few drinks so was a strange feeling!
I can say the first few days of the plan were surprisingly good.. Bit light headed and away with the fairies in days 4 and 5 then no hunger at all and energetic from day 6.

I'm doing the SS plan and hope to do so for 12 weeks. I am faced with my best friends hen do this Saturday but plan to have glasses of water with ice (and a lil umbrella and a straw) and if anyone asks, it's vodka and lemonade.. Flat lemonade!

Okay well I think that's my rambling done so good luck to everyone who is also doing this, well done to those that have stuck with it, lost heaps and maintaining and all support is muchly appreciated!

Buttercups x

Good luck Buttercups I'm just into wk 3 and have lost a stone x

9lbs is a great weight loss.

I wish you nothing but luck and support for your 12weeks journey.

I must say this diet is the best thing I could have ever done for myself. The confidence is mounting to highest its ever been and I am starting to love the new me.

This website is bliss to me. When I feel to cheat, I just to turn to my fellow dieters and they give me all the support I need.

Say bye bye to the bingo wings and embrace the the slimmer you x

Thanks Tarny B! Is it bad that I can easily and do spend hours on here just in awe of how well everyone is progressing?! Not so good when you drive for a living :)

Im on day 10 now and for the first time am feeling a little hungry.. It will be TOTM this weekend so I'm assuming it's normal to feel this way. I have already drank 2 litres of water which is helping I guess.

On a brighter note, I brought a dress for the hen do tomorrow night which I tried on last night. It's a size 16 LBD and it was actually too big! I can't remember the last time I tried on anything a size 16 and was too big.. Its normally tight but i just deal with it as that has been the size where I refuse to get any higher! It's an amazing feeling, especially after just 10 days! So everytime this silly hunger pang kicks in, I shall sip more water and think of the baggy size 16 that I'll only ever get to wear once!

Well done on your first week Buttercups. I'm going to be doing the Exante diet from next week so I too will be on here writing my little posts.
Keep it up. x

Week 2 WI and another 4lbs off! I'm just a lb away from a stone which is crazy in a fortnight!
I would have been happy with any loss this week as although I have stuck to SS 100% but it's TOTM and just feel so bloated and rubbish so was just expecting to STS.

My OH lost 7lbs in his first week and 8lbs in second week so he is over the moon and I'm really pleased for him. We've lost 2 stone between us in 2 weeks!

Well, here's to another week of SS!

Thanks mamaden, good luck with your journey too! X

Congratulations to you both - what a great weight loss! Are you finding that you and your hubby are able to support yourself through the tough moments?

I like the story of your dress being too big and you'll only wear it once. Wonderful! I'll bet you're looking forward to size 14, 12, 10.... Me too!!!!

Hi Tizzy,

It does seem to be a relief that the OH is also doing this but he has just over a stone to lose then he will be going up to maintaining. Then I think is where it will become a huge challenge to me as I still have 68lbs to lose (4st 12lbs) but I will cross that bridge (with my shakes and water) when I get there!

I really cant wait to be able to walk into a shop and buy size 14 clothes... size 10's would be better but one step at a time eh!

You're right - one step, one day, one week at a time! But it's nice to have a goal.... :)

Week 3 WI just done and another 4lbs off! I am soooooooo pleased! Also 4.5 inches off my waist so far.. hip measurments not really moving though typically!
My OH lost 7lbs so he is also chuffed.

The third week overal has been much easier. I am starting to panic a little though as I have to go out for a meal on Saturday. Its my in-laws 40th Anniversary and they're paying to take me, OH and sis in law and her OH for dinner. Its a French restaurant and I have already scanned the menu and chosen what I can assume is the best option for me.
Baked haddok for starters and Grilled sea bass for the main. I will have my two shakes for breakfast and lunch as normal. I hope this won't mess things up :(

Don't worry - I've had to go out to dinner 2x now. I thought it would really throw me off track, out of ketosis and have a terrible impact on the scales. However, if you continue to drink water and get right back on track, you don't come out of ketosis for too long and while it may slow down the loss, I've found that you still lose.

Enjoy the dinner!

Well done Buttercups :happy096: you're doing really well & so is your OH.
I'm on day 3 of Exante & I'm feeling good. Hope my losses are as good as yours.
Enjoy the dinner, sounds lovely. :candledinner:

xx

My bridesmaid dress arrived today.. in a size 14.. So tried it on and it fits really well! Can't beleive i'm in size 14's already! Just as I have a slight moment when I think "Hmm, might stop this soon and go back to SW" something size related happens and it gives me that extra kick.

Thanks all for the advice re dinner on Saturday. I will try not to worry about it too much and will definately be getting back on track as soon as I awake on Sunday.

I may have a slight issue with this particular diet though.. I seem to have developed a huge rash in the middle of my chest. I have seen a few posts on here that says they have experienced the same and it could be down to the ketosis not agreeing with the body?! Has anyone else developed a weird rash? I am hoping it goes away once I smother it in savlon as I am not quite ready to give up the shakes!

A few people have had skin flareups, keep up with the moisturising and cross your fingers it goes away!
If it doesn't, make sure you get it checked out so it doesn't get any worse.

My fingers and toes are firmly crossed that the rash jogs on!! It's still very much here this morning but will continue with the savlon, if it's still here tomorrow, I shall have to arrange to see the dr I guess. Grrr!

Just a little update...
As I went out for a meal last night, my WI day has now been changed to Saturday mornings.
So since my last WI on Tuesday, I have lost another 2lbs which I am happy with.
The meal was lovely, I stuck with the baked haddock to start and the grilled seabass and green beans for the main course. No alcohol at all, just water. I doubt I have stayed in ketosis? I still have the gross taste in my mouth and feel cold so maybe.

I have woken up today and got straight back on it with the SS so here goes another few weeks until the wedding which I will "have" to eat again!

Well done for staying on track, Its a great feeling x x x

Well done on your weight loss so far......I've been invited out in 3 weeks and I'm going to blow it out as I really want to stick to SS as I've promised myself no food for 12 weeks and as no one thinks I can stick to it it's making me even more determined! Glad you handled it well tho!

Thanks ladies! SS can really be a downer on your social life nomorecake but it's best to keep thinking how worth it, it will be when it's over and great to prove a point to all that doubted you wrong! I have tried to not tell many people as the ones I have told are keen to lecture but as I point out to them, they're not the ones with a weight problem to begin with! Good luck with your journey, looks like you have already made a brilliant start!

Back