ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Hiya all the Butterflies and a Happy New Year to you all.

You are all doing so well - you amaze me!

Asa though, you're a bit like me. I've put on a stone. And my appetite is huge again in just a month of not watching. All my clothes are tight again so I need to do this. I'm going to give my diet chef a go - see if I can stick to it for a month as I still have loads of the food and it's brilliant- it's just so hard to stick to anything I think. If I can't I might try CD again cos of the all or nothing thing but I really really struggle with it as it gives me depression! But I just hate being fat.

I've had a fabulous holiday. Enjoying TV, playing Band Hero with my son and his pals (I';m the singer!), loads of house parties and good food. Back to work on Tues so back to reality! I'm dreading it big time as it was mega stressful before I finished up and I don't even know if I can cope with it.

Bethan, it's lovely to hear from you and great that you've not gained too much. Great about Gary too - he sounds cool- stick in there!

Witchy, you are doing so well too and stay so motivated as do you, Zoe! What willpower! Good luck for your re-starts on SS- that is so difficult. But you know you can both do it.

Asa, let's keep in touch and try to motivate each other!

xxx

Hi girls. Just wanted to pop by and wish you all the best for 2010. Good luck to you all and sending warm hugs on this chilly morning xxx

Asa - Do not give up honey, you'll get there, the switch will turn in your head soon. You'll see. Do you think we all just got on with it and it was always smooth sailing? Heck no! If I may volunteer an honest opinion about your case... you give up before entering ketosis, are hungry and naturally, nibble or try 810 or such to have some food too. I think that's the downfall. If you made it a promise to do full SS (you can do Nutrilett or Alevo, no need for Cambridge only and you have no reason not to keep it, they are in all grocery stores!) then you'd feel infinitely better and would reach goal and then wouldn't risk it by returning to old habits.

Broxi - Welcome back hon!

Witchy - Nice "meeting you" you seem to have a wonderful positive mental attitude and that can only help. Let us know how the Biggest Loser Game works out, can you calibrate it to what you are eating on Cambridge or will it force you to their version of diet?

Zoe - sorry you were alone around this parts honey and I did read that you were but didn't have the time -or rather the gall- to post.

The gall business is because, despite not having exceeded my plan -the only ray of sunshine is that I didn't fall face first into anything and didn't binge- I put on a full 8 lbs over Xmas and NYE! I now KNOW most of it was water weight but didn't at the time and freaked out. I didn't want to post here before I got my chicks in a row and have been back on SS since Friday the 1st and proud to report I lost them all hence I am now for the first time in my life the exact same weight I have been before Xmas and it's shocking how good that feels! :)

I struggled with hunger and "just want something good" pangs when I got back on the shakes for a couple of days but it's fine now. I only need to kick the Diet Coke and then the SF gum too when they start stalling me.

With how much water weight I gained I now know I need to get under the initial mini goal I had before I come off of SS and go to the equivallent of SS+ (essentially SS and chicken) so sadly I'm about a month or 6 weeks away from going to the gym.

Also I've had a shock at NYE as for the first time in my life I had to wear a blouse to cover the lack of boobs in my fancy halterneck dress! My arms were fine, my bottom tiny, you could nearly make my ribs from the dress but then there were NO boobs. NONE. Seems it's time for a wonder bra all the time now! - I'm posting a picture from Xmas in the gallery as I had the wonderba on and it made me look like I had boobies! Heh!

Hi Girls, well first weigh in after Xmas and I lost 3lb so all good and well pleased.

MissAma, your boobs look good to me in the pic hun, the wonderbra has worked wonders. Brilliant news about getting the Xmas water gain off and getting back to normal xx.

Asa, your head really needs to be in the right place before you start back hun as it's so hard to do unless you are ready which I'm sure you will be soon. I can totally relate to how your feeling with regards to feeling cross about having to give up foods and meals that you enjoy, it's a bummer but when you are ready and you have decided enough's enough's you will want to give them up but only when the time is right. Good luck hun xx.

Witchy, I am waiting for the wii fit board to come in stock as everywhere is sold out. Good luck with your restart xx.

Broxi nice to hear from you, good luck with your restart too xx.

Happy new year everyone. I know I've not been in touch for a while but have stayed on the plan brilliantly christmas and lost 51lb..... and then christmas came along and spoilt it all !!!!! After all this time I still can't resist all the buffet food etc etc. I have been yo yo dieting all over christmas - sticking to plan all day and then stuffing my face at nights. Can't wait to go back to counsellor tomorrow and get back on track.
Good luck to everyone with the plan this year - new year, new start hopefully.

Take care xx

Hi girlies,

Yay we're all here again!! So lovely to read all your posts and catch up...

Like Broxi I have been off plan (any plan!) and um well partied over Christmas. Am now 12.1lbs!! It is time of the month, so that's hopefully part of it but need to knuckle down and get this blubber gone!

Good news is my sister is starting Cambridge and wondered if I might introduce her to the group? Remember that horrible bit where you're still trying to make the right shake? That's where she's at and would love her to get the same love n support I got here!

I'm hoping to...

a) not panic
b) get down to calorie counting using wlr and the GL plan to get the weight off
I've agreed to do a 10k run in June and can't run! So am thinking health food and do the last stretch slowly as size 12-14 no big issue for me. But do miss those 10-12s!!

Hope you all get past these gritty dog days of January and we all soon start feeling the hope and excitement of spring on its way!!

Hi Contrary, nice to hear your well. You will get that back off soon and of course introduce your sister to us here, she will be very welcome.

Hi Barbara, well done on losing 51 lbs that is great and don't worry about the xmas eating as it sounds like you were still sensible about it and any weight that may have gone on will come off quickly enough.

Hey all, how is everyone today? Still rather hungry but also in ketosis because I'm dang cold!

Haven't yet kicked the SF gum and the Coke light because the scale still went down this morning but if tomorrow morning it stops it's time to go cold turkey!

Hope everyone's enjoying their return to work!

Hi MissAma, I am freezing to and not at work as I am off sick with a terrible migrain. I have popped on whilst downing a shake and to take more tablets and water and then back to bed for me. Sounds like you are back in ketosis-well done and all the best for the week xx.

Hi everyone, you are all motivated and doing so well.

Miss Ama you look stunning with great boobs btw!

Contrary you are 6 inches taller than me and the same weight so imagine what I look like! Good you're back though.

Zoe you just keep going don't you. When will you be at goal?

Barbara, well done you! 51lb! Amazing!

Didn't do too great today on diet but didn't blow it totally either but need to get back into the zone and that is the hard bit, for any diet not just CD. Will keep trying though. My problem is that I have to sit down to lunch everyday with my pupils and they provide a beautiful home cooked lunch and even although it's usually healthy I just can't eat too much or I gain weight and I am no good at portion control. Anyway only had soup today but ate too big a meal tonight! Tomorrow's another day though. So I keep saying. I need to just look at Zoe's pictures to try to motivate me. You are like a different person!

Is it covered in snow in England? We've had a total white out for over 2 weeks now. I love it but everyone's getting fed up with it.

I just had to update my ticker which was really depressing as I've gained 11lb since I last did it! Boo hoo! Definite diet tomorrow! xxx

Hi Broxi, I want to be at goal mid-late February and then start moving up the steps. My goal weight is 11st 7lb which some of you guys probably started at but for me that weight really does suit me. I know it sounds heavy but I am a size 14 at my current weight of 13st 2lb so another 23lbs off and I think I will be happy and definately a size 12. I have never looked good any lower than 10st 7lb so if when I get to goal and I feel a bit more off would be ok then I will go to 10 7 but I will do that on a higher plan. I was around 11st when I met my Hubby and he said I was tiny then bless him and has even said he would be happy with the way I am now but for me I want to get to goal and a size 12 again. I hope you can get in the zone again Broxi as I am sure once you do you will steam into it with whatever diet you choose to do xx.

My goal weight is 11st 7lb which some of you guys probably started at but for me that weight really does suit me. I know it sounds heavy but I am a size 14 at my current weight of 13st 2lb so another 23lbs off and I think I will be happy and definately a size 12. I have never looked good any lower than 10st 7lb so if when I get to goal and I feel a bit more off would be ok then I will go to 10 7 but I will do that on a higher plan. I was around 11st when I met my Hubby and he said I was tiny then bless him and has even said he would be happy with the way I am now but for me I want to get to goal and a size 12 again.
Hi sweetie,
I understand exactly what you mean. Although I am 12.10s now I can easily fit into size 12-14(on top). And I know that anything in 11s will allow me to be size 10-12. My goal is under 10s but tbh even I don't think I will look good being so slim. When I was at my skinniest ever I was close to 10.4s and I was TINY then.
So it's not only what scale shows - it's more about a shape and I don't really want to lose all my curves after all xxx
Good luck with your journey hun

Hi everyone! I am actually doing great today (thought I post a happy post for a change :D).

I did start WW, and yesterday was the first fully successful day, today I have it all planned. One day at the time!

I was thinking about what you said MissAma, and I thank you for the honest opinion. I did do Cambridge for several weeks before the summer (and a couple of attempts in the fall), and then it was great when I did SS. I was successfully before the summer because I was at home studying, and could take my meals at home. Now when I work I frankly don't want to mess around with shakes during the lunch, and yes, that might be another excuse :). I just don't want to be the girl who always diets...

I just don't understand how you can do SS week after week, and get by holidays, social events and such (I am really impressed). I don't want it enough I guess. If I could decide over my time (and not work), I would probably do SS and then struggle some when it was time to start eating again (I am so wondering how people can do the transition to eating food again from SS and not fall into old eating pattern, and gain too much). But as my reality is now, I rather want to do WW, and be able to function properly, going to my exercise classes that I love, and so on. The weight loss will just have to be slower.

By the way missAma, you look absolutely stunning in you picture! You don't have much left to loose now?

Zoe, wow, done in February! I am so impressed!!!

Witchy, I love the wii fit, both me and my boyfriend use it. I guess we will have to get another remote soon so we can play against each other. We don't get the Biggest looser game here, that sounds great! Do they tell yo what to do/eat each day and such?

Broxi, how are you doing on diet chef? Is that the one where you had ready portions to eat every day?

Sunshine singer, great hearing from you, how are you doing?

Barbara, well done for staying on plan and loosing a lot of weight!!!

Contrary, what a great goal for that run this summer! I used to love running, and I plan on doing it again soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks Chloe, you look tiny in your pics and I agree it definately has something to do with shape as well. I have always had an hour glass figure so maybe that helps. Here's to curves xx.

I have always had an hour glass figure so maybe that helps. Here's to curves xx.

Couldn't agree more sweetie! I would cry if all my curves disapear :cry:
Although in a last stage most definitely more excercising and toning will be very much needed.
Once again - well done on your journey xxx

Yep difinately need to do the toning as well but I don't want to start until I am nearly at goal as it seems to slow my losses down. I know it will still go in inches but it's the scales that meantally do it for me. I plan on getting to goal and then hitting the bodypump classes 2-3 times a week as I used to love them and they are great for fat burning and toning. Good luck with your journey too Chloe xx

I was thinking about what you said MissAma, and I thank you for the honest opinion. I did do Cambridge for several weeks before the summer (and a couple of attempts in the fall), and then it was great when I did SS. I was successfully before the summer because I was at home studying, and could take my meals at home. Now when I work I frankly don't want to mess around with shakes during the lunch, and yes, that might be another excuse :). I just don't want to be the girl who always diets...

I just don't understand how you can do SS week after week, and get by holidays, social events and such (I am really impressed). I don't want it enough I guess. If I could decide over my time (and not work), I would probably do SS and then struggle some when it was time to start eating again (I am so wondering how people can do the transition to eating food again from SS and not fall into old eating pattern, and gain too much). But as my reality is now, I rather want to do WW, and be able to function properly, going to my exercise classes that I love, and so on. The weight loss will just have to be slower.

By the way missAma, you look absolutely stunning in you picture! You don't have much left to loose now?

Thank you very much for the compliments, I have about 14 lbs left... not really sure, I am starting to look ridiculous -maybe you saw another thread, all sorts of bones portruding LOL-

When I'm home at the weekend it's harder to keep motivated and be 110% on the days that it's bad, say around TOTM so well done for you for having the ability to do well when home and left to your own devices.

I started by being honest with you I will keep being honest and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I think eating because of work is still just an excuse. I worked all through this year too. More so, I traveled and had business dinners and lunches too. Not only have I made my shakes at work every morning and lunch break (and I'm the boss of a few people and they may have sniggered at first that the boss is eating powder but then I made it clear it was important to me and I will not be swayed and am doing something far more important than them!) I have even had business partners or potential clients ask waiters in their respective native tongue to make my shake in luxury restaurants over the past year. I drank my shake with a celebratory umbrella in it when everyone toasted the champaign for my birthday in August.

I was ashamed at first yes but once I got on it, I was not gonna let anything be in my way, be it a bit of embarrassment or lack of convenience.

I don't wanna be the girl who always diets either but I'd rather be that, than the girl who's not willing to do the work to stop being fat, or worse, the girl who lost it all then piled it all back. It will never happen. In fact I'd find that more embarrassing than walking into work with no clothes on!

The one thing you said there is crucial. Wanting it bad enough. Then nothing can be in your way!

I am the girl who lost it all then piled it back on, and that is embarrassing. And the doubt I have in my mind that I will do the same again after finishing, is what makes me not want to do Cambridge at work. Having to explain my eating over and over again for not eating meat is something I am terribly tired of also, so just having to explain this to a lot of people every day is something I frankly don't want to do. Especially if I do fail again.

So I am hoping ww will work fine for me, not at the same speed of weight loss I am sure, but better than what I have done this fall.

Hi Asa, hope ww works well for you hun. I am so sorry to hear you have had a tough time but you are not an embarrasment hun, you are trying to find something that works best for you and it's not always a straight forward run. At least you keep trying which is more than some people do. Keep going sweetie success is just around the corner xx.

I am so fed up of being stuck at home because of the snow. My daughter's School and Nursery is closed and they are driving me nuts. I am so bored so decided to take a picture of me in my old jeans, it's in my album I can't quite belive I used to fit in them lol.

Back