ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

broxi

ButtErFly
Hi all, that's the new thread opened.

IMPORTANT; only join our group if you are committed to be on supporting each other until the final pound.
You must commit to being on at least once a day if possible.

Broxi xxx

I'm here and feels good to have a brand new group, just born, lol..

Just for anyones info.. I have just read in a thread about pshyllium husks.. Its a fibre supp that thickens up shakes too, to make them into puds or angle delight texture. Gonna look out for them and see how they are. Anyone else using them? xx

Asa
Arooni
Broxi
Carolyn
Cheekychops
Claira
Contrarytintagel
Eternalflame
Kate&Matt
Leaving the fat suit!
Louielou
Louisajane222
MsJMC
Therealbbe
Witchy
Zoe

Hi Butterflies and welcome to our new home. Could you please check your name is there and if not include it in your post (in alphabetical order.) Anyone else is free to join but you must be committed!
xxx

Last edited:
Hi Nikky, I think Witchy is going to do something and get a banner for us with our name. I just wanted to get started. Anyway I'm off to do my ironing. I'll be back on later and will catch you then if you're still around. xxx

Evening all,

What can you use pshyllium husks in? Could you use them in porridge and shakes? Maybe thicken the soups?

I never add anything to the cambridge meals, it may be time for me to get inventive. I've read that people blend ice in their shakes and add spices to soups etc.

Maybe we could share hints and tips like that?

Evening all,

What can you use pshyllium husks in? Could you use them in porridge and shakes? Maybe thicken the soups?

I never add anything to the cambridge meals, it may be time for me to get inventive. I've read that people blend ice in their shakes and add spices to soups etc.

Cheeky chops.. I do use ice to blend my shakes and its lovely. Apparently you can use the husks with your shakes and they can be thickened. 3tsp can turn a shake into an angel delight, 2 can thicken your shake and 1 can thicken your soup. You can't use it in Porridge or it would be too thick. Ppl have used them in the shakes, hot and have said that its more like having porridge that way. I will get some, try them and let you know. Its allowed on the CD too, so its all good and its a fibre supp. xx

Evening all,

Also put chilli flakes in my veg soup, adds heat and black pepper in the mush one. You could use Cayenne too, not sure about salt tho. Give it a go, will add variety to the diet and as we are all doing this for a long while. Variety is good. Off out now, so chat later. xxx

Cheeky chops.. I do use ice to blend my shakes and its lovely. Apparently you can use the husks with your shakes and they can be thickened. 3tsp can turn a shake into an angel delight, 2 can thicken your shake and 1 can thicken your soup. You can't use it in Porridge or it would be too thick. Ppl have used them in the shakes, hot and have said that its more like having porridge that way. I will get some, try them and let you know. Its allowed on the CD too, so its all good and its a fibre supp. xx

Why dont you just use the mix a mouse from your CDC you only need a spoon full and less water with your shake and it turns it thick like a mouse??

Hi Butterflies, I've just got back from my WI and I lost 8lbs :D, better than last week.

Drinking all that water must work, the CDC said it would make a differance.;)

Happy now** 1 stone gone forever**

Thats is absolutely fantastic well done xxx How are you feeling, moon walking yet??

Hi Everyone

I'd like to join you all. Hopefully I will be able to get on here at least once a day, though once I'm back at work I might be exhausted for a few days until I get used to the hours again...

Asa
Broxi
Carolyn
Cheekychops
Claira
Contrarytintagel
Eternalflame
Kate&Matt
Leaving the fat suit!
Louielou
Louisajane222
MsJMC
Shopaholic
Therealbbe
Witchy
Zoe

Hi Butterflies, I've just got back from my WI and I lost 8lbs :D, better than last week.

well done you. i hope i get a good 2nd week result, did you do low carbing before, or do the same as me in feet first xxx

welcome lynda xxx

Hi Guys,

It would be great to pop in and see how everyone is doing and please do the same over on the Shrinklie thread. We are all in this together. Wishing you all the best of luck. We're starting our second challenge on Wednesday and it's a 5 week one. So lets keep in touch. Great lot of people on these threads. Big hugs xxx
:angel:

That's fantastic!! :D

How much water are you drinking?

Hi everyone! Good to be "home" in our brand new thread :D.

What a great WI result Louie lou!

About the shake mixing with ice, I do it to every meal and is it just heaven! It becomes more like a milkshake, cold and yummy :D. I use 8 ice cubes and about 3 table spoons of water. I might experiment with the ice, but this is working great! I mix the ice and water first, then add the shake.

Welcome Shopaholic!

I am exhausted from another day of nothing but studying. Tomorrow and two days ahead will be the same for sure. I am glad I am on CD so I don't have to think about food at all :D.

Talk to you later!

Sorry :eek: I made it sound like a lot of water, but week 1 I struggles with plain water so only managed 2 or 3 pints aday, this week I had the water flavour and I've drunk 4 or 5 pints.

It just shows water does help.:)

Last edited:
Back