ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Hi everyone, I had a great first week at work, but I am exhausted now. So looking forward to a weekend of rest and just fixing things here. Today I felt lots of up and downs over the day. From being really happy, to down and fed up with CD. And from feeling really skinny and happy with my weight loss, to seeing ALL the weight that I still have to take off, and ALL the weeks it will take.

Shopaholic, thanks for the support about weight not moving. I am not too worried about it. I got my TOTM yesterday. So I think I will see a weight loss by Monday WI. What a great weight loss you have had! It is amazing how fast we are loosing the weight with CD when you think about it!

Zoe, so you are sticking strictly to SS while on holiday? I think your plan sounds good too!

Contrarytintage, have fun at the party tomorrow! I am sure it will alright!

I am aiming to stick to ss through my holiday, going to pack my hand blender! I've made up a list today to cover me for the next 2 weeks so that I'll have enough packs. I want to bring tetras as well as bars and shakes so I hope it won't make my suit case too heavy.

Next wi tomorrow morning but I've had totm this week so not expecting much off.

Good luck on your WI tomorrow Shopaholic!

It has been a really quiet evening here! How is everyone?

I am off to bed, talk to yo tomorrow!

Hi Butterflies,
Well I'm totally depressed tonight. The worst I've been since starting diet, maybe the worst I've felt ever. I can't stop crying and I feel so low. I'm exhausted and slept for 4 or 5 hours when I came in from work and I've woken up and still feel so low. I don't know that I can do this anymore. My weight hasn't moved since last Saturday and it always has gone down a pound every 2 or 3 days. My weight loss always stops on diets and I'm so scared this happens on CD. I'm so sorry to be such a moan but I can't tell you how low I feel. Hope you are all feeling good and I hope I'm not putting others on a downer. I'm going to post on main forum too for some help as I don't think there are many Butterflies about tonight. xxx

Hi everyone - hope your all ok and looking forward to your holidays. I was thinking of going away at end of July but might put it back till October as I know I'll find it too hard to stick at it while away.

I've had a great week so far (apart from headaches and light headiness early this week) Today I've been full of energy and on a high.

My face seem slimmer so looking forward to my first weigh in on Sunday but worried at same time that I've not lost much.

Hope your all keeping well

Sue xx

Oh Broxi I've just seen your post. Please don't give up, I'm sure things will turn around again with your losses as you've been so strong and without people like you supporting rest of us things would be harder for us all.

Have you spoken to your CD counsellor?

A worried Sue xx

Thanks Sue, I'm going to go to sleep now and hopefully, I'll feel better in the morning. It is bad though, I don't think I've felt this down before. Even people at work today were telling me they are worried about me. Thanks for caring though and hopefully in the morning things will seem brighter xxx

hi girls im back and just caught up, i stuck to ss mon, tue wed, but thursday had a break down, wed night, fely really crappy and unloved, no ones fault just needed attention and didnt get it, my son was really hard work and didnt want me just daddy all week, kept saying go away mummy, dont like you, hes only 2 so i forgive him. needed a hug that night and matt fell straight to sleep, tut. got up thurs and had a major rant and big cry, couldnt get my soup on evening so had a kind of ss+, chicken and lettuce 2 slices of cucumber, but chicken was chargrilled, felt alot better, back on ss today, only lost 1lb by looks of it though in a week, so i am feeling really disheartened, hope you are all ok,
broxi you have a face xxx

Broxi - try and have a relaxin weekend and do something for yourself, whether in be a relax in bath with book or go and get your hair done or something as long as its something that means caring for yourself as you deserve it xx

Hi Claira - I know this is my first week but I treat each day as a new one and I know as I carry on with cd I will have off weeks but I'm saying to myself that no matter how disallusioned I get I will have already lost weight (I hope as not had first weigh in yet) and that I can start afresh if I do have a bad week.

keep going girls as I know you can do it.

Sending hugs to you both xx

Hi Claira, you did brilliantly on holiday. I'm really really down tonight so going to go off to sleep to try to forget my yucky feelings. Will speak to you tomorrow xxx

ok luv, night hun, thanks for your support this week, youve lost 20lb, thats fab, i will weigh in morning so will keep you posted, i am finding this hard now, really easy first few weeks, now bordom is setting in, but i'll be good, saw a pic on hols felt slimmer but still looked like a beached whale, so i have to continue, just feel low and keep wanting to cry, feel like totm again, only here 2 wks ago, sigh.........
nother day another dollar, or lb hopefully lol,
missed you all, some great losses this week, take care all , night xxxx

Night Claira, you sound a bit like I'm feeling! Hard isn't it? Hopefully we'll be better tomorrows, sleep well xxx

Love to everyone else too xxx

tried to send you rep but need to spread it, so send you a big hug xxx

Good morning everyone!
Broxi, I am so sorry you are feeling low. How is it today? Try to ignore the scale for a week or so I would say, and just keep thinking that this time, on this diet, it will work. Don't think your weight loss will stop like it has done on other diets. Try to keep telling yourself that it is working.

I think a lot is going on inside of us when we don't eat, my emotions are all over the place, lots of times. I also slept a few hours after work last night. I think the body needs the rest. I think it is hard with all the emotions.

You have had such a great weight loss so far, if you stick to SS I am sure it will continue, maybe not this week, but the next! My scale moved a little bit this morning, and my WI is on Monday.

I think about quiting every day, but then every day, I think about what my goals are, and that will keep me going one more day. Trying to feel as good as I can during the trip to the goal, is very important too me. Have you written down your goals? I have several goal, but one that is keeping me going now is a totally silly one. A "friend" of mine, that I have been going to WW with (and we both put weight back on). Anyway, when I told her about me doing CD, she was very negative and judgmental, and that it was wrong and that she would never try such a thing. We chat a few times a week (since she lives in another city), and not ONCE has she asked me how I am doing on CD!!! I asked her how she is doing on WW/When she is starting up again, and so on. Long story, but, one of the things that keeps me going, is to prove to her that I did it, and with CD! She is just waiting for me to get of the diet and fail. And she is also representing the side of me that is doubtful, and I am going to show both of them/us that I did it :D!

Susan, I am glad yo are feeling great! I am sure you will do great on your WI tomorrow! Lets us know when you have done it!

Claira! Welcome back! I've missed you! You did really well on your holiday! Well done!

Hi all,

Claira, think you did fabulous for a holiday week - you should be really proud!

Asa I'm like you, emotions very turbulent, but I keep visualising my goal and I just can't give up. The thought of being as I've always been is worse than the bad bits of the diet.

Broxi and Claira I'm struggling too at the moment and for the last 2 days haven't been 100%. I had an extra bar one day, and yesterday 5 packs but I thought if it means I don't lose this week it doesn't matter as long as I can just keep going one more day. I've been struggling with constipation (ow!!!!) funny sleep patterns and nightmares and cravings for comfort because I'm in the middle of moving jobs and exams for my course. I know there are lots of threads on the main forum about why we are doing this etc..but shall we scribble a few down here? Our reasons for getting to goal and how we see ourselves at goal? Maybe it will help visualising it and keeping use stronger through testing times? xxx

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Don't be afraid of the space between
your dreams and reality. If you can
dream it, you can make it so."
- Belva Davis
[/FONT]

I think writing down our goals here and visualizing them is a great idea! And to help each other to visualize them too.

I just love this Contrary: "The thought of being as I've always been is worse than the bad bits of the diet." I just LOVE it! Well put, and I am thinking of putting it on my screen saver to remind me :).

Sorry to hear that you are struggling a bit too, nightmares and stuff are terrible. Seems like you have a lot going on in your life at the moment too. Will your school stuff end soon?

So what about our goals? How shall we write them down? I have two sets of goals I think, the hard facts (weight and size, the goals I can measure). But these goals means nothing really, it's the feeling that I think I will have when I get there that is important. Shall we list both? What we are aiming for and why?

I'd like to hear about the you that you want to be, because I think creating it in your mind makes it happen. So a glorious technicolour version of you, and all the positive differences! I think if we keep building these goal versions of ourselves up, bigger and bigger, it will give us a concrete picture to aim for. Rather than running away from our old selves, we'll have fantastic version of our new selves to run towards!

Morning everyone, how are you all today?

Broxi and Claira - hope you are both feeling a bit better today, sending morning hugs to you both (())

Contrary and Asa - I think thats a great idea having some real goals that don't say about weight but about our future and what we want out of this. We will always think about weight even when we hit target so we don't fall back but we need to have more goals to aim for so we enjoy our losses and then make losses work for us by doing things we can't do now. I would love to be able to scuba dive again and I have always wanted to go on a horse.

Without this weight I can do those things instead of hiding away like a hermit in my house after work.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hi Broxi and butterflies, well i too am on week 5 and feeling v v down as lost 1lb after being so good all week, lost 1lb week before and sts week before that so i think what is the point. The only good thing is my clothes feel looser but im spending a fortune on this diet to lost 1lb. Emotions all over the place, very light headed and drained. Just wishing the weeks away and feel like giving up.

Hi Asa and Contrary, thanks so much for your support. What you've both said to me is really helpful and I'm going to write down my goals too. I suppose people don't like to see other people succeed at anything.If I'm being completely honest with myself, I'd probably get envious if somebody at work lost loads of weight and I couldn't so that might explain everyone's 'concern' and your friend's lack of concern.
I'm still feeling really bad today- it's like a serious PMT depression except it isn't my TOTM. I could just cry all the time and I don't feel like facing anything. I'm always happy too and my husband is worried about me but he knows how much this diet means to me. I have to say though if my mood keeps like this or gets worse I think I would have to come off diet.
I'm also extremely worried about my weight loss. I have not lost anything since last Saturday. Now that's what always happens to me on other diets and my weight loss just stops forever even although I'm sticking to plan. I couldn't bear for this to happen on CD because then I'd know I would just have to stay fat forever. I am so hoping it's just a plateau and it will move again soon.
I'm really sorry to be so negative but I'm just finding this so hard. xxx

Reactions: Asa
Back