ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Hi Asa, I tell myself that about routines too. I'm a teacher and I'm off work for summer. I go back in another week and a half- not looking forward to it but hopefully then I'll stick to diet. I'm 47 on 29th Sept so we could try to lose another stone by then which isn't too ambitious- why don't we both try this. I'm going to see U2 on 18/8 and I was hoping to be almost slim by then- not to be!

Hi broxi,

I have gone back on ss today as I have been on the meal a day last week, for me it's the future that keeps me going, plus I have a lot more to lose than you and I think I will find it harder the closer to goal I get.

Also one of my first goals was to lose as much as poss' before my holiday in 5 weeks time, now you have been on your's the drive has gone for that particular goal.

Take it one day at a time and if you feel like something to eat keep it to a minimum and with as little carbs as poss' and don't beat yourself up over it, so it take a few weeks longer, if it keeps you happy and not parranoid over every morsal that goes in your mouth, what the harm.

You still rock and inspire us all every day, Jane xxx

Asa I'd love to chat but I need to go and clean my house as I have visitors coming tonight. Will come back on later. Can we get a chat because we are both in the same place I think. xxx

Hey Louie, thanks for that. Yes I thn that's the prob- the holiday is over and I'm not hugely fat anymore so I look quite nice although I'm still 3 stone overweight and only 5'1'' but I'm not huge. I think I will just take it slowly- maybe stick to diet during week and eat lightly at weekends would suit me- if I can even do that! Thanks for post I'll need to go now for housework! - yuck!- I'd rather diet than do that! x

Broxi, I would love to chat too. I am going to a friends house soon, and I am back in a few hours. Let's see if we are both on later. Talk to you all later!

claira, on wk 12- 42lb gone 57lb to go x
asa, on week??, 30lbs gone 62 to go
beach--ball
broxi
contrary on wk 12 - 40 lbs gone 21 to go
faithncooper
ladyb
louie lou, on wk 12-47lbs gone 106lbs to go
witchy
zoe.d , 11 weeks lost 56lb

claira, on wk 12- 42lbs gone 57lbs to go x
asa, on week??, 30lbs gone 62lbs to go
beach--ball
broxi
contrary on wk 12 - 40 lbs gone 21lbs to go
faithncooper
ladyb
Louie lou, on wk 12 - 50lbs gone 103 lbs to go
witchy
zoe.d , on 11 weeks lost 56lb

Hey everyone,

I'm not an inspiration- I had a big bite of a cheeseburger today! I made the decision not to have a cheeseburger but wanted to enjoy just a taste - happily that was enough. Tried to get into my bike leathers today - still a stone and a half to go I reckon - I had no idea how sodding skinny I must have been back then - they are tiny!! Bit despondent today. Went to a country park with my niece and feel like a child myself - in a sulk because I can't have fudge and sweets from the old fashioned sweet shop, ice cream etc. I know I choose not to but the 7 yr old in me is yellin' no fair!! And stamping her wee feet. Silly, silly stuff.

Broxi I remember a post about exactly the place you and Asa are in on the main forum - they couldn't restart either and so did the diet backwards - started at say 15,00 and worked their way down the plans, rather than eating without structure and trying to make that massive leap to SS which is much, much harder the 2nd or 3rd time round, especially when you've lost enough weight to like yourself. I'm sure it worked for this person. They did a week on each plan. Maybe worth a shot?

My scales finally moved (only a lb but still) so I'm happier about that. The leathers failure was maybe a good thing - a reminder to grit my teeth, focus and keep my eyes on the prize! Enjoy the sunshine ladies and speak soon xxx

Hi! I think thats a good idea Contrary. I was thinking how impossible it would be to do ss like I did in the beginning. I am going to do one of the higher plans. 3 shakes a day, plus a meal I think.

hello girls its been ... i dont know... a few hours since my last confession,
i came home from my sisters wanting to cry, i wanted food soosooosoo much, i caved, i had 6 quorn nuggets about 180kcal spinich, a poached egg (slapped wrist) and 28g cheese about 120kcal (big slapped wrist), i sooo want to be thin but struggling to,
saw my mum today for 1st time in about 4 weeks, she said, youve lost alot of fat. that was how she worded it, not weight .. fat ! lol,
im wearing a very old and favorite pair of dorothy perkins size 14 jeans, so i dont know why i feel the need to sabbotage myself.
im desperatly trying to do ss, but maybe i should go upto 810 for a couple of weeks, then try again, i just dont want to be dieting at christmas, i think i naad a good chat with matt and have a think xxxxx
we will all get there, just maybe some little detours xxx

Hi Claira,

Cheeseburgers, poached eggs - I blame the summertime!!! Seriously though as eating off plan goes it was really quite sensible stuff you had and not a million miles away! Maybe the same advice...do 810 and come down the plans a week at a time - but do it properly, with structure so you feel you are achieving and controlling what you choose to eat. That way you can eat, pat yourself on the back and make your way to ss, or ss+ (if indeed you choose to) when you're ready.

You could alternatively stick to 810 - I've heard the losses are not dissimilar if you do it by the book... I think its the deviation that leads to one little slip, to one little dlide, to holy moly landslide!!! Well that's how it is with me anyway!

Be proud of all you have lost!! Size 14 jeans - what a thing of beauty! Pic???

thanks i think you hit the nail on the head ouch!!!
its about control, i was in control, now the food is controlling me, and i want that control back, and im gonna bloody get it.........got a laptop today cos matt cant get on this one, lol, i need to set it up, so i'll be on and off tonight,
we can all get that control, cos it feels so good when we have it xxx

I have feeling (don't want to say it outright in case it slips away) that this weight battle thing comes down to this...

How much do you value yourself? And what you REALLY want? I *think* maybe every day we have to look at what we want to eat (for the myriad reasons we overeat or eat crap that won't make us happy) and make a decision - is this bit of cheese going to give me what I really want? Or will passing today? How much do I want it? Or is it a substitute for something? Is it worth it? If yes, have it and ENJOY it. If no, move on.

I might be wrong though!!! but this is what is getting me through the worst god damn week of cravings I've had on this journey. I mean CRAVINGS! Real bad ass cravings. So far I want my life back more. xxx

PS Don't mean to be blunt - I come across as right old meany - just rubbish at getting things across in a good way!!

completely agree, you are so right, xx
this has been the worst week of cravings for me, i only ever cried for food once b4 and that was when i was pregnant for charlie and HAD TO HAVE sausage and mash with onion gravy.... lol
but im not pregnant this time. xxx

Good morning everyone! Today I am starting work again, feels ok, but I sure do miss sleeping in :D.

I also think it is about choices, every day, but I also think that for me, the short time satisfaction is so much stronger than the long time goal (think I am quoting Dr Phil again :D).

Oh well, I am sitting here with my morning shake, and will head home for lunch for a shake.

I got weighed today, and it looks like I am pretty much standing still. So I am happy about not having anohter gain.

Morning girls, had my weigh in which I was worried about due to doing ss+ this week but needn't have as I still lost 4lb so that's great as the the 200kcal meal in ss+ didn't effect losses-yipeee. xx

By the way Cotrary, bang on with your theory. That's exactlcy how I look at it too-do I want the food more than I want my life back, my body back etc -nope I don't want the food I want to hold onto this feeling of control and the way my body is changing for the better. I have never felt so in control of my weight as I have on cd and it's a fantastic feeling xx

Back