Butternut, carrot, sweet spud soup!

Showag

Thought I would post recipe for a soup i made the other night that turned out LUSH!!

Free on EE not sure about other plans??

5 x Carrots
3 x Good size sweet potatoes
1 x Butternut squash
Chilli flakes
Veg oxo cubes
Salt
Pepper
Garlic - I used 1 clove

Get a pan and chuck in two broken up veg stock cubes, garlic, chilli flakes ( i did about half a tsp as not massive on spicy foods) salt and pepper.

Peel and dice all the veg and chuck into the pan and cover with boiling water give it a stir so all the seasoning etc gets whoosed around and leave to slowly cook, i had it on low light for about 40mins just simmering away. When done you can leave chunky or blend. I did half and half and I defiantly prefer this one blended as it goes nice and creamy!! Also, can always add more salt or pepper to taste, i did, i just dont like going mad in the beginning cooking stages as it might be too much! can add but cant take away lol

Sounds nice, think I will give it a go, might even try the chillie flakes.:)

I have become a total soup maniac at the moment, and this one sounds great :D Will defo give it a go....thanks Showag xx

No problem!! :D I think it tasted better blended it goes really creamy and nice!! Ive been concoting some soups lately though lol just throwing any veg in the pan with some oxo cubes and spices! I dont think you can go that wrong with veg soups, unless you start adding cream n milk etc which then I would end up poisening someone or myself lol x

Ooh off to make this right now!

Back