Butternut Squash crisps??

Babysham80

I brought a microwave crisp maker off the web and was wondering if butternut quash would make decent crisps for a red day... has anyone tried?
Would it class as food abuse even if it is superfree, HH and S?

i havnt tried them but they do sound like they could be tasty!!

we can have potatos as s.w crisps and there still free so i can see why the butter nut squash would be any different!!!

the way my C put it was if you want to make potato, lasagne, sweet potato crisps then do so but only once in a blue moon as a treat. so if its a one off say to watch a film tonight and you only do 1 potato per person(since thats probably usually all you would eat anyway) it should be ok. I think its food abuse when people start cooking say 8 spuds / 8 sheets of lasgane and sit n munch the lot in one go

the way my C put it was if you want to make potato, lasagne, sweet potato crisps then do so but only once in a blue moon as a treat. so if its a one off say to watch a film tonight and you only do 1 potato per person(since thats probably usually all you would eat anyway) it should be ok. I think its food abuse when people start cooking say 8 spuds / 8 sheets of lasgane and sit n munch the lot in one go

I know it can be classed as food abuse with spuds, was wondering if bns would be different as it is superfree would it be more acceptable...? Off to make some now - will report bCK

i dunno about bns she did say it but if your only doing a couple into crisps cos you fancy something crunchy cant see a problem personally.. its still got to be better than having a choccie bar or something similar

Why are they abuse?
I had some with my lunch today and i had alot less potato in total than i normally would have as chips.

I said what my C said which was once a blue moon as a treat, I then added than if someone turned 8 potatos etc into crisps and ate them as well as meals i would class it as food abuse, but turning 1 potato into crisps would be ok
you wouldnt sit and eat 8 jacket potatos in 1 sitting but you could more than likely eat 8 jacket potatos turned into crisps

she probably emphasised the treat because she didnt want people doing it every day (basically eating 7 extra spuds a week)

would like to add that BNS crisps are lovely so go for it

Last edited:
I only used 2 new potatoes and it made about the amount of a pack of walkers!
Well thats ok, i think as long as its part of a meal like for me crisps would be then its ok.
I get what you mean now!

Just tried making them they are tasty but came out slightly burnt after 5 mins, so will need to cook for less next time! Be warned they dont take as long as potatoes!

Back