Buying a pro points calculator: queries between different dates!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hello there!

I am in my first week of WW Pro Points. I am using the book given to you in the starter pack, as much info on here and estimations of 1pp = 40kcal. However, I am worrying about these estimations and feel a pp calculator could be useful to me!

Firstly, do you have to input the info on it (protein, carbs, fat etc) or can you type the name of the item e.g. ASDA Vegetable Lasagne and it will be able to give you the points??

Secondly, does it matter which version you get? On ebay there was ones stating they are 2012 ones, and others with different colooured boxes which i guess are 2011? Does this matter? Is the info different??

And lastly, price. I see on WW website they are £10.95. Anyone know if they are cheaper at the meetings? I know there is a deluxe set (calculator plus three books for £20) not sure of the separate price. I have been looking on ebay but eventually they are all going for around £10 anyway...

Hello there!

I am in my first week of WW Pro Points. I am using the book given to you in the starter pack, as much info on here and estimations of 1pp = 40kcal. However, I am worrying about these estimations and feel a pp calculator could be useful to me!

Firstly, do you have to input the info on it (protein, carbs, fat etc) or can you type the name of the item e.g. ASDA Vegetable Lasagne and it will be able to give you the points??

Secondly, does it matter which version you get? On ebay there was ones stating they are 2012 ones, and others with different colooured boxes which i guess are 2011? Does this matter? Is the info different??

And lastly, price. I see on WW website they are £10.95. Anyone know if they are cheaper at the meetings? I know there is a deluxe set (calculator plus three books for £20) not sure of the separate price. I have been looking on ebay but eventually they are all going for around £10 anyway...

You have to input the protein, carbs, fat and fibre - the Shopping Guide is for looking up the name of something, this is where you'd look up Asda Vegetable Lasagne.

The info is different on the calculators - they've been updated to include the new 26pp minimum, been adjusted to work out propoints per 100g or per serving and give the option of tracking a filling and healthy day. My 2012 one is purple (think the other colour is grey) in a yellow box and I'm pretty certain the box says 'updated for 2012' or something along those lines. 2011 calculators were blue, pink or purple in a pink box.

They're £9.95 at the meetings :) The deluxe set gives you calculator - £9.95, Shopping Guide - £4.50, My Journal (tracking) - £4.50, Eat Out - £4.50, a pen with highlighter (used to be sold separate) and a separate shopping list (closest thing in meetings is the list and meal planner for £4.50). :)

Amazing info thank you! Will just wait and buy at the meeting on Monday I think :) thank you!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

if you join e source or buy the monthly pass, you can do it all on your i phone! calculator, look up certain foods. its great! i do have a calculator too and its fab too!

Thanks hun! Yeah thinking of buying a monthly membership so esource is included :) i have the app already, but yeah it's obviously pointless without having the esource membership. Will maybe buy a calculator, for my mum to use :)

Would you recommend the books in the deluxe set? How detailed is the eating out guide? is it specific restaurants i.e. mcdonalds or just specific food i.e. hamburger. xx

Thanks hun! Yeah thinking of buying a monthly membership so esource is included :) i have the app already, but yeah it's obviously pointless without having the esource membership. Will maybe buy a calculator, for my mum to use :)

Would you recommend the books in the deluxe set? How detailed is the eating out guide? is it specific restaurants i.e. mcdonalds or just specific food i.e. hamburger. xx

I would :) Most things are in there and yes, it's split into specific restaurants under a generic one - eg: Coffee Shops then Costa and Starbucks. It's been a bit of a lifesaver to me :)

Ooh sounds brilliant I can't wait til Monday - sounds like £20 well spent! Xx

The calculator is defo a must! My Friend didnt have one for the first 3 odd weeks and then when she got it she couldn't believe how easy it was!

Do you have mobile? There are free apps that calculate your weekly/daily points, calculate points for you/input them yourself and you can store all foods for future reference. This is a must, never mind the calculator.

Is that the WW App? I have that but don't have esource membership yet so cannot access things like that xx

Just checked and it's £1.49 now :) thanks though hun xx

bugsbunny2000 said:
Is that the WW App? I have that but don't have esource membership yet so cannot access things like that xx

WWDiary is free for Android and its brill.

Ah can't find that for iphone :( darnit! xx

I bought the Deluxe starter kit at group this week (2nd week) and it's fabulous. I love the "eat out" book - got all of the places I go to, and the "shop" book is arranged so sensibly!

Oh excellent sounds well worth the £20! Xx

The value diary app is the best i have seen and dont need esource it is for iphone and ipad 1.49

Back