Buying from other groups

-Laura-

Silver Member
Good morning

Does anyone know if you are 'allowed' to go to a group other than your own, not to WI but just to buy from the shop?

I ask because a friend has been eyeing up the SW curry book for ages, and I want to buy it as part of a gift for Christmas - but we WI at the same group and are exchanging gifts while we're there tomorrow - so no chance to buy and wrap before I see him, if I buy it at my usual group!

I don't want to WI at another group (due to snow it's been weeks and weeks since I last went to my usual group!), just to pop in and buy the book!

Would also be handy to know for any mid-week Hifi shortages!

Thanks in advance if anyone knows one way or t'other!

-Laura- said:
Good morning

Does anyone know if you are 'allowed' to go to a group other than your own, not to WI but just to buy from the shop?

I ask because a friend has been eyeing up the SW curry book for ages, and I want to buy it as part of a gift for Christmas - but we WI at the same group and are exchanging gifts while we're there tomorrow - so no chance to buy and wrap before I see him, if I buy it at my usual group!

I don't want to WI at another group (due to snow it's been weeks and weeks since I last went to my usual group!), just to pop in and buy the book!

Would also be handy to know for any mid-week Hifi shortages!

Thanks in advance if anyone knows one way or t'other!

I don't see any reason why a C would object to this but be aware that some Cs don't keep stocks of the books in. Ours orders them in so they take a few weeks to get here.

you could always call your C and tell them the situation and see if they'd be willing to wrap one for you to collect and pay for on the night ( for a little extra to cover the cost of paper / tape etc.. )...

I'm sure that they'd rather have the sale than not.. ( they make a profit on them so... )

I don't see any reason why a C would object to this but be aware that some Cs don't keep stocks of the books in. Ours orders them in so they take a few weeks to get here.

Thanks, hadn't even thought of that! Will nip into a group tonight and if no joy, then I'll see if my C will do me a wee favour as ColJack suggested!

I went to a different group last week to just buy a magazine as i forgot to pick one up frommy group. I didnt have any problems:) Good luck and i hope he likes the suprise :) xxx

I suppose it all depends on what sort of Consultant you have..
Ours is a great guy willing to help any way he can..
He even offers to get us syn free sausages and bulk orders of stuff if there's enough of us that want something.

Back