Buying lunch in a supermarket

Pinkish

Hi,
I've no lunch with me at work today (lack of stuff at home) so am popping to the supermarket to buy lunch. Any ideas of what to get that will be filling and no syns (or v v low if so). I've had overnight oats (with lots of fruit and the oats as my b choice for the day) for breakfast. Tea will either be scrambled egg or slimming world sweet potato curry ready meal.
Thanks in advance.

When I am absolutely desperate in work, like really hungry and struggling, I tend to grab just a packet of ham and munch on that. It's more of a snack in between meals, like if I haven't had breakfast and have had a light lunch then I tend to grab ham between lunch and dinner.

I'm not sure if that's filling enough for a whole lunch. Do you have access to a microwave? Soups or mugshots might be a good option for you.

Or even a medley? Maybe a couple of pieces of fruit, some cold meats with salad and a yogurt? I find melon quite filling.

It's hard when you don't have lunch - I tend to struggle and end up with a soup from EAT or Pret, or a miso soup, which should be quite low in syns.

20kcals = 1syn if that is any help to you! If you have all of your syns left and can splurge them on lunch then that's 300kcals to play with...

Thanks. I don't have access to a microwave but I do have access to a kettle. Are all the mugshots no syns? I've brought fruit with me for a snack

When I'm at work and need to buy lunch from a supermarket, I tend to go for a pre-packed side salad and an Itsu Crystal Noodle Pot. Most of the normal sized ones are 1 syn each (except the yellow chicken one, which is 1.5 syns) and I love them! I'm gluten-free so can't eat mug shots any more but I find that the Itsu pots are much nicer and contain better ingredients. The pink one smells just like beef Monster Munch too, which I love! The pots contain a small ball of noodles and you get loads of soup too if you make them up as directed. You could throw some cooked chicken into it to make it a bit more filling, though I find it fills me for the afternoon without adding anything if I graze on the salad too, which is my one-third speed food with lunch.

I usually have a mini Pepperami rolling around in my bag too for a 1 syn snack :D

I find you can go to the cooked meats section and get the chicken chunks. The flavoured ones are actually lower in syns that you might think. I believe the Tesco bbq pack is only 1/2 syn and the sweet chilli free. Get one of the salad pots from the fruit and veg aisle rather than the meal deal.
Naked noodles are also low in syns and make a really thick sauce!
I also find the sushi is also low in syns as well. Tesco do a meal deal with a medium fish sushi (instead of a sandwich whatever) at around 3syns, grab a pack of crisps if you want and a ribena light/diet coke. I find doing the meal deal, and donating the crisps to someone else works out only a little more than just the sushi, and definitely cheaper if you're getting a drink

Back