1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying New Clothes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by xGeordieGirlx, 12 May 2010 Social URL.

1. xGeordieGirlx

xGeordieGirlx I

Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Afternoon everyone, hope you're all having a nice day!

Just a little rant here. It's my Nan's 70th birthday meal in a couple of weekends time, and we're all getting all dolled up to celebrate with her.

I went through my wardrobe and tried some things on last night, and all my nice dresses etc are now hanging off me (and I haven't even lost that much!).

SO...I went out on my lunch into town today and had a look round. How EXPENSIVE is everything these days? I found a really nice longish top (size 12...YAY!) that'll go with my leggings...but then I needed a cardi to go over it. And then new shoes to go with them (excuses excuses I hear you say!)

And it came to £75!!! I think that may have been a total mistake on my part buying it all...because what if I pile the weight back on and they don't fit me anymore? Or lose more weight and then they're too big? I feel like an idiot spending all that money now. But I mean, it was only New Look..how did it come to that much!?!?

Did I do I stupid thing?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Nope. it's important for you to feel good in new clothes as you lose weight.
    The shoes and bag will always fit and you can always have a belt with the top when you've lost more weight.
    You aren't going to put any weight on so no need to worry about that.
    I know how you feel though because I've bought a lot of new summer clothes and I'm worried incase I put any back on so I'm thinking positive and enjoying the moment.
    I've had particular panic attacks over a pair of cropped jeans that cost £25 and don't have ANY elastic in the waist - very scary.

i bet your new outfit is lovely, enjoy wearing it :)
  4. mummy84

mummy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    primark is best place for cheap clothes or like me got to charity shops hehe
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.