Bye bye baby belly

Hi I'm also losing the last of the baby weight just under a stone. Not much but because I'm so close my attitude is oh I can eat what I want now, I'm trying to change it and I really need to get back on track to get to my goal weight. The first step definitely is the hardest but once your into the plan its easy. Even me saying this I'm still thinking to myself, well do it! Ha!
Think I need to start a food diary as I followed the plan easier doing this before, so tomorrow is DDay! Going to plan my week now :)

I really hope this does go to plan :)

Good luck Alicia, I'm sure a diary will help you focus. I've tried to get my head around it so many times since I had my ds I've lost count but for some reason this feels like it's really going to work. I've been 100% now for 12 days and I don't feel any way close to quitting. While I'm by no means under the impression I'll have a perfect track record, I am hopeful I can stick with it the majority of the time, allowing for the odd day off here and there :)

xx

Thanks hun! 12 days is very good! When I started going to the classes we got weighed on thursday and that evening I would have a treat, since stopping the classes my mind has changed from a treat after the class to one day a week treat e.g at the weekend! So I rarely get passed the 6 day mark then scoff myself on the 7th day which kind of puts me off track...need to stop these treat days where I think I can eat anything!
I'll just keep to my syns and no treat days so then at least I can get passed a week of sw lol

I've done that kind of thing in the past but always seem to carry it on for more than one day. This time I'm telling myself I can have all the treats I want (within reason obviously!) when I get to target. Tbh, I'm feeling so down with my weight I'm not enjoying the so called treats anyway cos they just make me feel worse about myself.

Been hectic so far today, been to airport to drop hubby off, been to my mums for a visit and been clothes shopping (still nothing!). Foodwise, this is the plan:

B: porridge, berries, FF yog
S: apricots, strawbs, rasps, cherries at mums
L: another bl00dy bowl of that super speedy soup. Am getting sick of it now! Alpen light (3 Syns)
S: activia frozen
D: prawn and Ginger cakes, salad, tzatziki
Supper: Alpen light (3 Syns), hot choc (3.5 Syns - milk from HeA)

Don't know if I've got the energy for any exercise as very tired tuis aft. Hoping ds has a snooze and if so I might just join him!

xx

I have four words for you - syn free curry sauce. Omg, amazing! Had it with chips, prawn fishcakes and a huge salad, so nice. Followed it with a hot chocolate and an Alpen light bar so feel lovely and full and not in the least bit deprived :)

Really loving SW!

xx

My scales still haven't moved this week, I am the same as I was last WI day. I've still got 24 hours but even so I am starting to get annoyed now. I've been 100% food wise although ive not been ae to go running cos of my knee. Im the kind of person who needs to see results when I've been good. If I STS tomorrow I know I will be devastated. Today looks like this anyway:

B: porridge (HeB), berries, ff yog
L: super stupid speedy minging soup :(
D: chicken tikka in syn free curry sauce, rice
Syns: maybe some chocolate later on
HeA: milk in coffee

xx

WI this morning and I have to admit I am scared! I have been so good all week but my scales are refusing to budge. I am just praying that the ones at group show SOME kind of loss for all my hard work or else I will be very disappointed indeed. Today's plan looks like this:

B: alpen light and bottle if water after WI
L: SW fry up - bacon, eggs, quorn sausage x2 (3 Syns), mushrooms, tomatoes
D: pork loin with Rosemary and garlic, bns mash, salad
S: Alpen light (HeB), activia
Supper: half a mars bar (7 Syns) hot choc (3.5 Syns)
HeA: milk in coffee and hot choc

E: going for a run when hubs finishes work

xx

Official WI is half an lb off, disappointing as I've tried so hard. I do feel fed up but I am trying to put a positive spin on things. So here goes:

I have stuck at SW for two whole weeks without cheating even once :D

I am back in the 10s, albeit by half an lb :D

Because I have been so good this week, but not had the success I expected on the scales, next weeks loss should be mahoosive :D

So there we go, losing half an lb is not the end of the world it seems, even though it feels like it sometimes.

xx

Don't be disheartened, all the half a pounds soon add up, and once when I was really fed up about a half pound loss, my son, convinced me that half a pound off, was a pound better than half a pound on!

Phew what a day! Need to do the rubbish for bin day and really need an early night so no time to report but good sw day, 9.5 syns.

xx

Right, am getting fed up with this. Have now gained back the half a an lb I lost last week. Here is yesterday's food diary - if anyone can suggest where I am going wrong, please let me know.

Breakfast: 2x alpen light bars (HeB). No superfree as I was eating on the run - wouldn't usually do this
Midmorning: 2x filter coffee, one with skimmed, one semi-skimmed
Lunch: 2 egg omelette, with loads of mushrooms, red onion, cottage cheese and 4 lean bacon rashers (just the roundy bits)
Midafternoon: another coffee with skimmed, a camomile tea, peppermint tea
Dinner: chicken breast wrapped in bacon, SW chips, mushrooms cooked in stock and mixed with quark, lots of lettuce and tomatoes
Supper: hot choc (3.5 Syns) made with skimmed milk, 2x alpen lights (6 Syns)

So 9.5 Syns in total. I don't measure my milk but have 350ml as my healthy a so think I tend to have approx that and if I do go over I still have Syns spare to cover it. I also drank a fair bit of water.

Not to be disheartened, today looks like this:

B: porridge made with water, berries, FF yog
S: filter coffee x2 with semi skimmed milk
L: savoury rice with added veggies, fruit salad
D: left over chicken breast wrapped in bacon, SW chips, salad

There will be other bits and bobs with Syns, healthy a etc but that's the gist of it.

xx

Hi there.

You're diaries are looking very good and you seem to be doing great.

However I would really suggest that you try and avoid weighing yourself everyday...you only did WI yesterday and even if the scales this morning are showing that's come back on, it could easily be explained by water, not been to the toilet, etc etc.

I'd suggest you chuck the scales or hide them - you're doing so well so far and it'd be awful if you got disheartened one day because your scales aren't playing ball :)

X

Thank you for your comment. I know you are right but its something I've always done and a hard habit to break. I tell myself it helps to keep me on track but I do find it disheartening. Maybe I'll try and keep off them for the next few days - yikes! X

So what went wrong? Well I am an emotional eater and Friday I was feeling VERY emotional! Hubby had been away all week, baby was really grizzly and not sleeping so I turned to my old buddy chocolate. Saturday and Sunday were no better but hubby and I had a good talk about it all and I feel much better today and ready to get back into it. I know I'm looking at a gain this week but will try a bit of damage limitation for the next two days - and lots of water!

B: fruit, FF yog
L: omelette, salad
D: salmon, salad

HeA: milk in coffee
HeB: not sure

Syns: none!

Exercise: 5k run and dog walk

xx

Today has been a success I think, I feel like I'm back on it and more in control. I've had:

B: fruit and FF yog
L: ommellete with 2 eggs, cottage cheese, 2 washers of bacon, red onion, mushrooms, red and orange peppers with a huge side salad
D: salmon fillet, new pots (HeB), salad
HeA: milk in coffee and a little bit of cheddar
Syns: half a potato cake with clover (approx 4 Syns)

And that's it! So far so good :) Am going to have a peak on the scales tomorrow to see how bad the damage is but I'm preparing for a pretty substantial gain.

xx

Ok so this morning the scales are showing a 1lb gain, which in the grand scheme of things is not all that bad. I'm going to do more of the same today, lots of fruit, water and salad and not much in the way of Syns to see if I can't bring it down a little bit more by WI tomorrow. Have stopped feeling disappointed with myself now as it's counterproductive to say the least. I am just keeping everything crossed for as tiny a gain as possible this week. Today's plan looks like this:

B: fruit and FF yog
L: omelette
D: chicken breast, new pots, salad

E: dog walk

xx

Hi Thelasttime

You are doing really well so dont get down and demotivated. You have lost 5.5 pounds thats nearly 1/2 stone what an achivement. Its not a race to the finish line, and they say the longer it takes the longer it stays off.

Try to keep away from the scales i was in that trap about a year ago and it is definately not a healthy way to live also it is totally demotivational are bodies fluctate. Hide them or better still throw them out, i did and now only weigh on a Saturday on the Wii.

Good luck for the rest of the week.

Thanks Teresa, I know what you are saying makes perfect sense so I think I will ask hubby to hide the scales for a bit and see how I cope. I tend to jump on several times a day which I know is crazy but it's a habit I've got into and one that's hard to break. But I will try :)

On an exciting note, a dress I ordered from next has just arrived. It was for a christening on Sunday gone but wasn't in stock in time but I decided to get it anyway as I've got another christening in 6.5 weeks so thought I could wear it then. Anyway, just tried it on and it looks bloody awful! This would normally send me scuttling to the biscuit tin, but instead I feel strangely morivated to get into it. So that's what I'm going to do!

xx

Back