Bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs

Hope you're feeling better today lovely lady xxxx

I am. I wasn't first thing, think I need to eat before work no matter what time I start. I started at 6:30 this morning and I didn't but felt much better after eating, less tearful so will try tomoro see if it helps my mood.

Work has been ok quite busy but day had flown by

I am. I wasn't first thing, think I need to eat before work no matter what time I start. I started at 6:30 this morning and I didn't but felt much better after eating, less tearful so will try tomoro see if it helps my mood.

Work has been ok quite busy but day had flown by

Braved the scales this morning 11 6.5 I can feel it but realistically while Ruth is here I won't be on plan. I'm on holiday next week too so will def be treats.

Feeling a bit sad this morning as Ruth has chemo at 1 her fiancé is going with her, he is at their house at the moment cleaning so when they go to chemo I think I will go in to work for lunch, I know it sounds odd but I was supposed to be meeting my best friend but she has a virus and with Ruth being here I can't risk getting anything and the girls will distract me and cheer me up I know.

Am trying to read a book but not doing very well at that. Might try and work out when I can have my car motd and arrange to have my hair done at the same time as it's 4 weeks since I had it done and I need to stay on top of my roots this time!!

Hey lovely,

Sounds like its really tricky to keep on plan with your house guests. Is it still going OK having them there? I'm sure it's fab to have so much time with your sister - especially with wedding and hen planning!

Hope her session today goes as well as can be expected and the girls at work cheer you up too.

xxx

Hey, yes it's still going well, has got a bit easier I think as am more aware of their habits and stuff and Ruth has been well for the last 10 days. Might be a bit trickier after chemo today as she will be a bit poorly altho hopefully she will be ok by next thurs.

I'm sure my girls at work will cheer me up they are all lovely and feel lucky to work with lovely people everyday, it's all the rest who at idiots!

Mum and dad are in New York now too so won't have them stressing me out as much either they are away for another 17 nights so peace will reign for a bit!

Had a morning of the pioneer woman and barefoot contessa as my sister loves them. And bought some Liz Earle moisturiser as I have finished the tester pot I had.

Ben and I might go to penarth later as the pier has been restored and we still haven't been. I am working tomoro so don't want a late night but be nice to see the sea!

Had a busy few days, Ruth started to loose her hair a lot after chemo on Friday so we went to sort her wig on Monday. Was a really amazing experience and she has a wig which is so near her natural hair colour and style it really doesn't look like a wig. She shaved her head on Monday night as just wanted to get rid of it as it falling out was so upsetting and as soon as she did she looked so much better and less ill somehow and she feels much better for doing it too. Something that we thought was going to be a huge hurdle actually was much easier :)

Had a lovely day yesterday as she is over the worst of the chemo effects we looked at tiles for their new house and shopped. Then I tended my garden and Ruth watched cooking programmes! She made us an amazing salad out of Helmsley and Helmsley with watercress papaya pine nuts and halloumi. I made the butternut squash breakfast pudding from the book too for breakfast was really good and definitely a sw friendly option which is good :)

Currently waiting for Ruth to get up, have been gardening already this morning as was awake at 6:30! Planted some seeds and potted on 6 huge lavender plants. Going to b&q later well hopefully soon to get some plants for more pots and some more potting compost and seed trays to plant rest of my seeds. We are planning on BBQing later as it's not going to be so sunny the rest of the week and might be last nice day before Ruth moves to her house :)

Aw I am so glad that that hurdle has been sailed over :) I bet you're so proud of her being so brave about everything - truly inspiring :)

That food sounds divine honey, I have that book so need to start making things out of it myself!

xxxx

Yes she is so brave and I feel very lucky she is my sister :)

Helmsley and Helmsley and delicious Ella are our staples at the moment! Had the Dahl for lunch and making a porridge from Helmsley and Helmsley in the morning with coconut milk and aramanth (looks like couscous) and sweet potato brownies will be made as soon as I get the chance!

Done lots in the garden. This is the edging round the front very pleased with it. Also done hanging baskets, planted seeds and potted on stuff for plenty left to do.

Meeting my best friend for lunch, Ruth might come altho she has been really poorly this evening from chemo so she might stay at home as I think she should rest more. Was terrified we had given her food positioning from the chicken we cooked on the BBQ for but think it was just from chemo drugs. She has gone to bed so sent her this :)

Attachments

• image-2156626390.jpg
    image-2156626390.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2494510798.jpg
    image-2494510798.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1079805791.jpg
    image-1079805791.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 38
It must be so difficult for you, but fab that you can be there for Ruth. I haven't been on for a while but so pleased they are cracking straight in with treatment, they don't hang about do they?

My Mum was diagnosed with a fairly rare cancer a month ago & it really is mind blowing awful when it's someone you're so close to, and I really feel for you that it's your sister, cancer totally bloody sucks...

Just glad to come on here & see that she's progressing through & being treated. Thinking of you x

It must be so difficult for you, but fab that you can be there for Ruth. I haven't been on for a while but so pleased they are cracking straight in with treatment, they don't hang about do they? My Mum was diagnosed with a fairly rare cancer a month ago & it really is mind blowing awful when it's someone you're so close to, and I really feel for you that it's your sister, cancer totally bloody sucks... Just glad to come on here & see that she's progressing through & being treated. Thinking of you x

Am so sorry to hear about you mum. I know it's a cliche but a cancer diagnosis for a loved one really does turn your world upside down. I really hope that the chemo helps her. I wouldn't worry about anything other than making sure you get lots of good food in for plenty of nutrients and vitamins to keep you well, my biggest worry is getting a cold or something because I won't be able to see Ruth if I do get something. If you want to pm me feel free, I understand a bit of how you feel.

Braved the scales this morning, they are in the en suite which is off the room where Ruth is so can't scale hop! They have gone to our parents to see the cats as my parents are away. Is odd not having them here, but think they will be gone soon so I need to get used to it :/ is hard I want them to be in their house for them and for me but I like having her here as it makes it easy! I see her everyday and can cook for her as well. Think they will move out at the end of this week. I will be happy when the loving room isn't full of guitars and keyboards tho!

Dug my sw book out, am very seriously considering getting the 30 day shred on but probably not until Ruth moves out I don't want her watching me she may be my sister but can def live without that!

Did a big shop in town yesterday :eek: got 3 tops a jacket a skirt 2 belts foundation and lip gloss! And a cup and saucer and this for Ruth's hen weekend

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Talking-Tables-Truly-Scrumptious-Party/dp/B008E5JN0Q

She was worried it would be a rude thing, I haven't told her what it is just that I bought it, but I wouldn't do that my mum and her mil may well be there and I wouldn't want anything embarrassing!

So scales were 11 4.5 this morning which isn't great so am thinking get back on track this morning!! Going to Asda at 9:30 to stock up on good stuff. Speed only fruit and lots of veg back to a fast day on tues and thurs and will grab the new mag will go back to class but maybe not this week!!

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's so true, it really does turn your world upside down...

It must be nice having her close as you say you'll miss her when she's moved out, but it'll be nice for her I guess & she knows you're there if she wants to come & stay :)

I'm doing 30DS I tried it a couple of years ago and managed about 12 days, day 5 so far, level 1 is getting much easier & I ache less each day BUT I'm scared of level 2 ;)

That's great for shred I think I managed 3 days before! She thinks they might move at the weekend, but they are also going to Wrexham at the weekend but we'll see. I think I have done a whole day on plan! B grapefruit baked oats with raspberries L lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, spring onion tuna, apple, strawberries melon D salmon, Thai cottage cheese topping bns wedges broccoli, mangetout Syns pimms with diet lemonade pr mixed 13.5 :) And 2.5l of water am going to try and fast tomoro for first time in weeks! Dinner is made tho so hopefully I'll make it

Last edited:
Ready for work and a fast day :eek: am only doing 7:30-2:30 which is why I'm fasting

Plan is then to come home and go to b&m bargains with my sister :)

She told me last night that the lump has changed since chemo it's not hard anymore and the registrar who examined her couldn't even find it Ruth had to show her where it was. It really is amazing what they can do. She was very lucky as she caught it early too :)

Right Tuesday let's have you!!!

Think I managed an ok fast day

L courgetti with mushrooms garlic and small spoon of cream cheese amazing and 130 cals :D
D carribean fish stew 330 cals
S mini raspberry and apple sorbet 58cals really good be getting more of these as my sister got them so they will be moving out with her!
So a bit over but dinner was just a guess as I made it without measuring was more based on experience!

Feel good for 2 days on plan undecided about going back to class tomoro tho....

And trying to make a plan for the shred, thinking about starting it on Thursday with pics and measurements. Am off on thurs and fri so can investigate it properly and work out how to fit it in to my day on Saturday!

Ready for work and a fast day :eek: am only doing 7:30-2:30 which is why I'm fasting Plan is then to come home and go to b&m bargains with my sister :) She told me last night that the lump has changed since chemo it's not hard anymore and the registrar who examined her couldn't even find it Ruth had to show her where it was. It really is amazing what they can do. She was very lucky as she caught it early too :) Right Tuesday let's have you!!!

That's brilliant!!! Nasty but good chemo :) :)

Great fast day & good luck with the shred :D

Oh clare I've just read though everything that I've missed while I've been wrapped up in my own little world. Fingers crossed your sisters lump will of been zapped by the chemo. It' must be do hard for everyone involved. But it's nice to have her wedding to focus on. Your both sound like your strong for each other. Promise I won't be so much of a strange xxx sending love xx

Oh clare I've just read though everything that I've missed while I've been wrapped up in my own little world. Fingers crossed your sisters lump will of been zapped by the chemo. It' must be do hard for everyone involved. But it's nice to have her wedding to focus on. Your both sound like your strong for each other. Promise I won't be so much of a strange xxx sending love xx

Don't be silly! I'm touched by everyone who has taken time to read my ramblings and comment, I find it helps to write things down and order my thoughts that way. I hope you a&e ok I saw on IG you were having a hard week at work with all the changes that are going on. I've been in the situation where you stay and others leave was awful, it happened twice and then I handed my notice in was too horrid after that.

So aiming to fast today, I'm not at work which might make it harder combined with having virtually no food, may make it easier if I can rustle up something from the fridge! I have cod and some veg so will probably go for that, am seriously tempted to a make courgetti again for a snack but am worried I'll over do it!!

I'm having my legs waxed in 35mins so really should get a riggle on as I need money to pay her as well.

Ruth is going to see a friend who has recently miscarried :( but she is pretty well at the moment she made the most amazing biryani last night rick steins rosewater biryani nom nom!!!!! It tired hew out tho so we had to give up on boyhood which we were watching but I got to watch the good wife as well so not all bad!

Also need a what to do today plan need to Hoover clean the kitchen floor and water my slowly improving garden think I will try to leave it at that as then I'll want to go for a walk with Ben later if I do loads this morning I won't and he'll be frustrated. He is in a massive grump I'm hoping he'll improve tho but we'll see!!!

Better go and get dressed!

Oh goodness I love my sister so much but having peace and quiet is awesome! She is a tv addict and the tv is constantly on when she is here but am revelling in the silence.

Popped to work and grabbed courgettes, mushrooms strawberries and raspberries to get me through my fast day need to make an actual plan now! Also grabbed my free coffee :D

Am feeling a bit lazy today not great to try and start the shred!! Doh

Back