Bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs

I braved the scales this morning. 11st 13.5lb that is the highest I have been for a very long time. Might check back to see what I was this time last year. I was 11st 11.5lb after Christmas last year so not that far off. I have got 2lbs away from target last year and the year before. So will try again this year! :oops:

Am tucked up on the sofa watching a repeat of Sherlock I recorded ages ago. And thinking I need to start planning my week and writing a shopping list. And set some aims for January :cool:

1 keep a food diary/general thoughts on here. I do best when I do that
2 plan and keep things varied particularly breakfast and lunch at work as I tend to stick to the same things :eek:
3 drink less alcohol and more water! :p I did do dry January last year but don't fancy it this year but will aim to keep my drinking to the 14 units recommend for women
4 tweak less! Measure milk and cheese and sauces properly!
5 get back in to 5:2 I have done really well with it but haven't kept it up for long enough in the last 6 months to see the benefits

Hopefully my sister will book her wedding this year so I have a target to aim for:D

I like the number two. I find it very hard to change up breakfast and lunch. I tend to stick to the same things.

I have been having rye bread with avocado and eggs for ages, and for lunch tuna and cottage cheese with celery and cucumber stick with raspberries and quark and a kiwi! :rolleyes: Very lazy and uninspired!

Hey SW / 5:2 buddy! Nice to see you posting again. How are things? How is your sister doing? xx

Hey! She is cancer free :D:D she finished radiotherapy in mid November and that was the last phase of her treatment. Her hair is growing back nicely although she still wears a wig as she likes longer hair. So overall she is good. She is going to be doing SW/5:2 I think to get to the point where she wants to try on wedding dresses, she gained quite a lot of weight through chemo especially as she craved white carbs but that's a small price.

I'm good apart from the ridiculous amount of Christmas extra lbs! Looking forward to focusing on the scales going down again!

Am sure you'll be dropping lbs nice and quickly ready for your dress fitting, how exciting!! xxx

Yes my little girl is very happy she goes on her lap which she never did with me :( I see her a lot tho and look after her when they go away, which has been a lot in the last month :p

She was lucky she had very limited side effects really extreme exhaustion and a couple of very poorly days but generally they could medicate her to avoid most of them and once she had a side effect they gave her medication for it so she didn't have it again. It was a hard year but I have definitely learnt some really important lessons.

Generally Monday and Thursday as I am off for one of those every week and they are nicely spaced. It will be Tuesday and Thursday this week as I agreed to lunch with my best friend on Monday and while it will be on plan 100% I won't be able to fast :rolleyes:

Just had a fun potter round the range and wilkos with Ben bought a few little bits but didn't make it to carpet right which was where I wanted to go he has an aversion to carpet shops apparently! Slightly annoying as its him who wants the new floor in the living room but there we go! Time for tea :D

subscribing :)

Hello :)

Got a huge shopping list today, I seem to need loads of stuff not just food! Petrol, everything for the dishwasher! Going to be expensive I think :rolleyes:

Just having a read in bed, dishwasher and washing machine are on, then need to change the bed and make breakfast before braving the shops!

i did most of my shopping yesterday n yeah we were the same - run out on most toilettries, washin up liquid etc! was an expensive one :(

i did most of my shopping yesterday n yeah we were the same - run out on most toilettries, washin up liquid etc! was an expensive one :(

Have you got anything yummy on the list? xx

Shopping was horrid it was so wet! And the roads were a nightmare. Have got all my boring stuff apart from a couple of bits I'll get in work as they are cheaper :)

My main nice treat was smoked salmon :eating: I have plenty of chicken fish and some mince to use up in the freezer so going to work my way through that! Was a bit annoyed I didn't realise lidl don't sell mange tout and sugar snap peas :mad: so don't have those as I'd been to Asda I would have bought them if I'd realised

I'm not working today I only work every other Monday so am in bed at the moment contemplating getting up to take down the Christmas tree :eek: Meeting my best friend at midday so guess that will involve lunch am hoping we go out so I can make a good choice she has suggested a really healthy place but the weather is awful and it's a long walk so might not make it there:confused:

Also want to do a bit of rearranging of the living room we've got a new sofa on order and I want to have a bit of an experiment. Think that will keep me busy for a while!

Have a good Monday :D

Lunch was on plan tomato and basil soup no bread :) not sure of syns but is a clean eating cafe so won't be high am happy with my choice.

Living room is sorted and tree away am happy with the rearrangement got rid of a set of shelves from the hall I'm not really keen on (had them for years Ben bought them as a present :confused:) I'm a bit impatient for my new sofa now tho! And to pick the floor!

Watching war and peace as Ben is ill so he's asleep :(

good choice especially being in a cafe!
awww id love a new sofa right now - this one was a waste of 800 quid! so naff and uncomfortable n its nt even 2 years old!

good choice especially being in a cafe!
awww id love a new sofa right now - this one was a waste of 800 quid! so naff and uncomfortable n its nt even 2 years old!

Oh no! My current one is 11 years old and was £350 including an arm chair so it doesn't owe me much! But excited for our new one!

Back