Bye bye TFR100% - I loved ya!

Bitsy

Thanks a mill Slimmers for all the support over the past month. I lost 21lbs (woohooo!) & I'm off to refeed & then to WW to lose my remaining weight.

More than likely I'll be back in April for another short stint :cool:

Best of luck everyone!! xoxo

Well done on your losses and good luck for your refeed.

Well done and good luck for the future :)

Thank you & good luck girls :-D

Irish Molly - after seeing your GL losses I'm busy researching into it! Sounds very interesting! Probably wrong place to post about it.... whoopsie!

xoxo

well done Bitsy, good luck n stay in touch! x

Ahh, only joined today and people are leaving already lol

Congratulations, hope I can achieve as well as you.

Forgive my ignorance, what is GL?

GL is Glycaemic Load which is an updated version of GI (Glycaemic Index). Many of the popular diets are based on GL principles. It was originally a food plan devised for diabetes to keep blood sugar levels under control and even throughout the day. Keeping blood sugars level means that you don't have cravings or feel ravenously hungry.
Popular GL plans have been done by Rick Gallop/Nigel Denby/Patrick Holford. google any of them for more info. Any other queries, if I can help I will do my best.

Bye Bitsy, keep up the good work and be sure to post a thread on your GL journey to help us learn for when we get to leave TFR land! All the best to you!

GL is Glycaemic Load which is an updated version of GI (Glycaemic Index). Many of the popular diets are based on GL principles. It was originally a food plan devised for diabetes to keep blood sugar levels under control and even throughout the day. Keeping blood sugars level means that you don't have cravings or feel ravenously hungry.
Popular GL plans have been done by Rick Gallop/Nigel Denby/Patrick Holford. google any of them for more info. Any other queries, if I can help I will do my best.

Thanks Molly

I've read loads but Nigel Denby's the GL diet made easy is a nice easy to read one with good sensible approach. Patrick Holford is also good but goes more into the science bits. His cookery book, The Holford Low GL diet cookbook, has a good overview and some nice recipes.

Well done and good luck.

Good luck with your next step, not that you'll need it with your determination! I shall miss your avatar: it's one of my favourites. :p

Back