Bye

Sez

has started again!!
Thanks everyone, its been great to have all your support on this very bumpy ride.

I am off now. just cant do it any more. I know I am a failure but hey, I always have been, so no point changing now.

Will post some time when I am more diet minded, but trust me, I WILL be reading how you are all doing.

love to all

xx

sarah, u dont have to be dieting to post here. no reason u cant post as much as u do now. dont feel like a failure....

if u dont have ur dieting head on at the moment then dont worry! as for being a failure....if u r, then so are all the rest of us. we've all failed at staying slim or losing weight at some time in our lives otherwise we wouldnt be here.

minis is here for everyine and that most certinaly includes u. xxxxxxxxxx

Right missy !
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE !!!!!!
how can you think that loosing the amount you have is a failure ?
this diet is tough (i did CD) & takes a special type of person to stick to it.
If you are a failure then so am i.
now be honest, look at my ticker & then think what you would say if i told you i was a failure
good luck in future plans
xx:)

and look at this ticker too, whilst your'e at it!! :D

88.7 lbs lost that's taken some doing girl!

Have you spoken to your counsellor about how your'e feeling? Don't worry I'm not trying to persuade you if your minds made up, but claim your acheivement. You're over half way there, whatever plan you decide to follow to lose the rest, we're all here to support you...

Don't be a stranger

Failure NOPE, not having that my lady ~ with the amount of weight you've lost and the will and determination it would have taken ~ NA failure just dont come into it.

You're just taking a sabbatical ~ and why not. We've all got to do what's best for us at any given time. If your heads not in it ~ then that's ok ~ time out may be just what you need and you can get back on the diet train when you're good and ready.

Good luck and of course as has already been said ~ minis is for all and those of us on, off or otherwise always need a helping hand ~ so it'll be good to hear from you from time to time :)

Hi Sez,

88,7lbs. is pretty impressive and I don't see how you can think your a failure.

I do feel when you have a lot of weight to lose it can get very trying at times and speaking from experience hard to see the woods for the trees.

Your not the only one to feel like this and all I can say is hang on to what you have already achieved as it is so easy to slip back into the old habits again.

Talk it over with your counsellor, she will help you back on to eating food the right way and to stabilize.

Sending big hugs.:grouphugg:

Regardless of what you decide, as Karen's has already said we are here for you.

Love Mini xxx

Get your head right and the rest will follow. Good luck and congratulations as the others have said. Be proud of what you've achieved.

S x

Sarah you're anything but a failure - I've not been on here for a few days so am unsure whether there are posts written before this where you say that your struggling. We all struggle, and yes some will stick with it for a short time, some for a while and some to the end - but doing any of these don't make you a failure.

Hope that you're soon feeling brighter and more optimistic - it might be worth you reading back on some of your happier posts to put you in a more positive frame of mind about yourself.

(((hugs)))

dear god i didnt notice ur ticker when i replied earlier! theres no way no how that u could be considered anything other than inspirational mrs! xxx

Sarah - did you get my PM last week?
I didn't get a response from you - I hope it was some sort of help.

Can you see the hot thought in your post? Can you please do a thought record around it? You have not always been a failure - you have been fantastically successful so far. Thinking your are a failure is what got you to where you were right at the beginning of the journey.

Whatever you choose will be best for you at the time you make the choice, I know, I know you can make the right decision and I believe in you.

I'm not going to play cheerleader and I'm not going to be hard on you - I'm just going to ask you to treat yourself kindly over the coming weeks.

Love

Sarah
x

Sarah,
Please don't consider yourself a failure, you've done so well and come so far. You've lost such a lot of weight and I'm sure you feel so much better for it. Remember how you felt before you started LL. Please get your before photos from your LLC and see how far you've come for yourself. My LLC says that some people with a lot to lose get so far, start to find it a struggle to get to their final target and she suggests that they go onto maintenance for as long as it takes to get their head back in the LL mode, rather than beat their heads against the wall constantly. Then they go back on SS if they feel they want to later. Would maintenance be an option? I hope so in order to stabalize your weight. Theres so many other people who don't get nearly as far as you have, its a hard diet especially when you've got a family to feed. Please rejoice in your achievements so far and come up with a plan for the next few months. You're not a failure and the people in your life including all of us at Minimins know it:grouphugg:, its just the crooked thoughts that are talking. I'm sending you loads of positive vibes and hope you keep posting with how you're doing. xxx

you are not a failure, look at the fantastic weight loss you have had. This diet may not be the one for you at this stage anymore but you are not a failure by any means.

good luck with everything

I agree with the others & TOTALLY understand how you feel! This diet is HELL at times & its no wonder after so much weight loss that yu feel that you want to eat! Ca you go into management as a measured plan rather than a "lets go party" plan?!! You do what is right for you and you alone. Its your journey but do consider whether some form of councelling is worth looking at re your self esteem which seems very low...you are NOT a failure! You have tried, done really well & have had enough. How is that failure? You're tried & done really well! Big hugs & keep us updated whether on plan or not!

Sez as the others have said you are NOT a failure. Some people use LL/CD as the motorway journey to losing weight and get from A to B in record time. Others of us (myself included 2nd time around) take a more leisurely drive, stop off occasionally before getting back on the road. We are taking the scenic route from A to B .... but we'll still get there. So enjoy your stop - have a good break and then back on that road to point B ..... I KNOW you can get there!!

Sez,

You MUST reconsider!!! And your revised decision must be one to STAY!

From the tone of your post it would appear that there may be more than just 'pack-fatique' behind your decision to pack (oops!) it in and without wanting to sound unkind :hug99:there is also a hint of self pity (we all have a little wallow at some time or other).

Get a grip girl - you have made a huge reduction to your weight and you must be looking splendid!! See if you can get your hands on that before picture and make a comparison between the start and now.

Food is not the answer and you know that better than most of us - the answer is self discipline and a clear view of where you want to get to and you, like the rest of us, set out on a journey to .............................

'Slim-healthy-lithe-in debt because of excessive clothes shopping-ville'!!!

Please don't stop now - you owe it to you (and to the rest of us :sigh: - pulling the guilt card here) to find the courage to carry on.

Think of Christmas - it can be yet another fat-event or it can be the first (in a very long time) when you feel and look like you deserve to feel and look - gorgeous!

Concerned Possum X

Have to throw my two penneth in here. Sez you have been someone I have looked up to all along my journey so far. You are warm and candid and a TRUE inspiration to the people following in your footsteps.
What is right for you is right for you and I am sorry Possum, I know you mean well, but Sarah does not owe anything to any of us - in my opinion she has already given so much to me and many many others here.
I have felt very similar recently and very close to jacking it all in. Once you have lost enough weight for people to notice, it seems to stop being about you and everyone starts to have their say. The added pressure that piles on to get to the end is incredible. I know that whenever someone calls to speak to my partner these days, instead of saying .. "and how is Laura?" they now ask "how much has Laura lost now?". I seem to exist now solely as a number and I have found that very hard in recent weeks. I have had two very slow weight losses (1.9lb and 0.5lb) and instead of simply battling to reconcile myself to this dissapointment, I find myself discussing it in detail with an ever growing circle of people. Like I said, the "you've started so you will finish" pressure can be overwhelming enough.
So Sez, if you feel that this is the right decision for you then accept it and move on with your new body and enjoy!!!!
Like Mini said, it is fine to take the scenic route from A to B, at the end of the day, we get one life and if this is making yours unbearably unhappy, then a break sounds like a good plan. You have to re-evaluate how much YOU want to get to "goal" - strip away everyone else's input into this and remember what it is that YOU want. Then make up your mind.
I hope you are being kinder to yourself - and I hope you realise from these replies that you have touched a great many people so far on your journey and we are all the richer for it. Please don't dissapear - it would leave a hole that would be hard to fill.

Laura

Hun we all know you need to be in the right frame of mind to diet. But dont leave us we can help you whilst getting yourself sorted.

Back