C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

sweet pink said:
Well I am pleased to post that I have completed C25k this evening & actually went for a longer run to finish the programme off (& also see if I am ready for B210k) I managed a 45 minute run & although I was dripping by the end of it I really enjoyed it & am looking forward to the next challenge :D

Good luck to all of you & I'm looking forward to readiing about your progress

Well done, I love hearing C25K success stories -that gives me hope!

LouQ said:
Hi hope ye don't mind me joining in. I started W1 last week and tonight completed W2D1. I really noticed the extra 30 seconds but was delighted with myself when I finished it. I know I have 2 more days to complete W2 but I'm already starting to wonder if I'll be able to run for 3 mins in W3. It just seems like a huge jump.

Welcome! I did W2D2 today. Like you, I felt the extra 30sec but was pleased I completed all but the first 90sec. The 3min jogs next week? All we can do is go for it!! :)

Your so right :) last week I didn't think I could do 1 minute. I'll just take it one run at a time. It's great talking to people who are doing it too

Wk2 day 3 completed. Aargh 3min jogs tomorrow -but I'm looking fwd to it! :)

I freaked out at having to do 3 minutes, but I did it no problem. Just pace yourself, you'll be fine.

boggins said:
I freaked out at having to do 3 minutes, but I did it no problem. Just pace yourself, you'll be fine.

Not quite the same story here; I struggled with it. Still, I've got a couple more of these to allow improvement this week! :D

Sounds like you completed it though- congratulations! You're right, it will only get easier from now.

I suppose what might be more encouraging for me to say is that if you get to a run you can't complete, just get out there the next time and keep going until you can do it. I've failed to complete on about 4 days so far, and always have been able to do it the next time I tried. And I'm quite sure the last couple have been mental blocks rather than physical.

After I'd completed the first week I started doing double runs up until I got to having to do 10 minute chunks. Then I went back to doing 1 run every other day.

boggins said:
Sounds like you completed it though- congratulations! You're right, it will only get easier from now.

I suppose what might be more encouraging for me to say is that if you get to a run you can't complete, just get out there the next time and keep going until you can do it. I've failed to complete on about 4 days so far, and always have been able to do it the next time I tried. And I'm quite sure the last couple have been mental blocks rather than physical.

Cheers Boggins; watch out track -here I come! For today's W3 run, I jogged once round a big Lake. Saw a group of ladies who not only did it non-stop but went round at least twice, maybe more... Now that motivated me. By the end of this C25K we should be doing that -and without sputtering too!

Fionat29 said:
After I'd completed the first week I started doing double runs up until I got to having to do 10 minute chunks. Then I went back to doing 1 run every other day.

!!! :)

Well done, I'm envious. It's my pace that bothers me most, I'm soooo sloooow. I have to kept reminding myself that I'm severely overweight and it's just stupid to expect miracles. It's miracle enough that I'm jogging at all!

trimlee said:
Saw a group of ladies who not only did it non-stop but went round at least twice, maybe more... Now that motivated me.

I find I get really competitive when swimming, I find I race the person in the lane next to me. It's good motivation! With running it's more embarrassment. I see a lot of runners while I'm out and tend to speed up to avoid feeling stupid, moping along at half their pace. Then I knacker myself out. I wish there were other fat runners out there- that would be so inspiring.

boggins said:
Well done, I'm envious. It's my pace that bothers me most, I'm soooo sloooow. I have to kept reminding myself that I'm severely overweight and it's just stupid to expect miracles. It's miracle enough that I'm jogging at all!

I find I get really competitive when swimming, I find I race the person in the lane next to me. It's good motivation! With running it's more embarrassment. I see a lot of runners while I'm out and tend to speed up to avoid feeling stupid, moping along at half their pace. Then I knacker myself out. I wish there were other fat runners out there- that would be so inspiring.

I'm the same-altho I've picked up my pace-I'm still running v slowly! Just faster than before!! x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Just back from 25 minutes nonstop! Get in! :D

Where are you (geographically) Welshtigger? I might be heading up to Llandudno with work for a few days in Sept and don't know where I can run (except along the beach!). Cardiff is nice and flat...North Wales has hills. :argh:

boggins said:
Just back from 25 minutes nonstop! Get in! :D

Where are you (geographically) Welshtigger? I might be heading up to Llandudno with work for a few days in Sept and don't know where I can run (except along the beach!). Cardiff is nice and flat...North Wales has hills. :argh:

Well done for the 25 min run-bet it felt good to finish it eh
I live in Llandudno!!! Come jogging with me :) when in September x and then when I come to Cardiff in October I'll come with you(that's presuming u live in Cardiff)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
Yup, I'm not far from Bute Park which is great for jogging round. Yay!

Back