C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Denise140 said:
Well done you! I've just managed W1D1 properly for the first time having learned not to run too fast! I don't think Paula Radcliffe has much to fear but I'm very pleased with myself. :D

As my friend says 'no matter how slowly you run, you are still going faster than the couch!'

As my friend says 'no matter how slowly you run, you are still going faster than the couch!'

Oh that's brilliant! :8855:

Thanks Shirleen. Looking at your ticker it seems that you and I are at a similar point on very similar journeys ;)

Denise140 said:
Well done you! I've just managed W1D1 properly for the first time having learned not to run too fast! I don't think Paula Radcliffe has much to fear but I'm very pleased with myself. :D

I know that feeling, I'm not a born runner! Congrats on completing the hardest run of all! :)

I did 5K today in 32 minutes so nearly there!

slimjim79 said:
I know that feeling, I'm not a born runner! Congrats on completing the hardest run of all! :)

I did 5K today in 32 minutes so nearly there!

How fast ate you running slimJim? I'm nowhere near the 5k including warm up and cooldown ;(
I'm doing mines on my treadmill and run at 6.5kph

Little-Miss-Perfect said:
How fast ate you running slimJim? I'm nowhere near the 5k including warm up and cooldown ;(
I'm doing mines on my treadmill and run at 6.5kph

I'm road running & use map my run, it works out at approx 9km/h, I'm aiming for 10km/hr as I'd like to do the 10k in an hour.....we shall see! I've just looked up a week 7 run from 1st sept & in 36 mins didn't get to 5km & had an average pace of 8km/hr....it did include some walking but it shows how quickly the improvement happens :) Where are you on the plan??

Right well this may be my last post....did a 5pm run today & am moving onto B210K on Monday. Pace still not as I'd wish, but got it down to 6m17 per km, which is 17sec quicker than Wednesday!! I think the fact that I ran at dawn as opposed to 10am helped, not nearly as hot!

Good luck everyone, if I can just about do it so can you!! :D

slimjim79 said:
Right well this may be my last post....did a 5pm run today & am moving onto B210K on Monday. Pace still not as I'd wish, but got it down to 6m17 per km, which is 17sec quicker than Wednesday!! I think the fact that I ran at dawn as opposed to 10am helped, not nearly as hot!

Well done-how did you manage to run at 5am tho! I couldn't do it!! Really wanna get on with b210k x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Welshtigger said:
Well done-how did you manage to run at 5am tho! I couldn't do it!! Really wanna get on with b210k x

Not 5am just a smidge to early, it should say 5km....I'll still to the k abb in future I think!! My predictive text doesn't like km or lb and always tries to pm it! It was 6:30 although I have been out at 5:30 before, but legs don't work! You'll get there soon & you've done before so you know it's achievable! See you in the forum soon?? :)

slimjim79 said:
Not 5am just a smidge to early, it should say 5km....I'll still to the k abb in future I think!! My predictive text doesn't like km or lb and always tries to pm it! It was 6:30 although I have been out at 5:30 before, but legs don't work! You'll get there soon & you've done before so you know it's achievable! See you in the forum soon?? :)

Ah right! Simple things confuse me at the moment!! Could happily start the b210k but wanna finish my second time thru c25k to keep my speed up-hoping to finish the last 9 sessions over the next 2 weeks, and then I can start it :) xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Well done slimjim and thanks for the inspiration. I've just completed W1D3 and am looking forward to pushing myself on to the longer runs next week. I think I'll start a new thread and see iif there are any C25K beginners out there. Good luck to all the regulars on this thread, it's been great to hear your stories :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi I attempted W4D1 last night when got to the second 5 min run I really really struggled. With just 1.13 mins left I had to pause it and get myself together I stopped for about a min and then finished it but now I feel like I cheated. :-( I was a bit upset if I struggled so much at 5 mins how am I ever going to do more? I was so looking forward to doing W4 but now I'm feeling a but deflated. Anyone else get like this?

I found the jump to week 4 impossibly tough & repeated the whole week I think. I've now finished c25k (it took me much longer than the projected 9 weeks!) & am working towards 10k. Don't be disheartened it is tough but it's ok to repeat if you need to. I got there so I'm sure you can :)

I was just looking ahead in the programme (having got a bit over excited at having done W2D2) and........ Aaarrrggggh! Running for THREE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:8855:

I suspect that W3 is one that may take me a while to complete properly! At the moment I just about manage the 90s runs without watching the clock !

But hey! Soooooo much better than sitting on my bum :D

I have successfully completed c25k, it was difficult enough considering I could never run for long periods of time, but suprisingly you start to enjoy it!! I'm now going to try and start the 10k one and see how I go!! :) good luck all, persistence is key!!

Denise140 said:
I was just looking ahead in the programme (having got a bit over excited at having done W2D2) and........ Aaarrrggggh! Running for THREE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:8855:

I suspect that W3 is one that may take me a while to complete properly! At the moment I just about manage the 90s runs without watching the clock !

But hey! Soooooo much better than sitting on my bum :D

You'll be amazed at how quickly you get used to running for longer times! Just try and enjoy it. I too am a graduate of C25K and I'm now doing the B210K.

You'll be amazed at how quickly you get used to running for longer times! Just try and enjoy it. I too am a graduate of C25K and I'm now doing the B210K.

You are soooo right Fiona! Since I posted about my week 3, I've completed week 5 and successfully ran for 20 mins :D

It is incredible how quickly you improve, I'm so glad I decided to give the programme a try. I enjoy running now, which I never, ever thought I would and am thinking that I'll probably do the B210K too.

Dx

I found it really odd how difficult I found the first week of B210K. I think it was getting my head round the total length of time you are out, because it was well over an hour for me since I walk to where I run, if you see what I mean! Lol!

Back