C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I did it!!! The week 5 session 3!!! I ran for 20 mins!!! Me??!!

Did NOT think i would do it!!!

Soooooo happy!!! x

Well done!

I got lazy. Started again. Week 1 day 3 tonight hopefully :)

Still not been out for a run as am spending most of the time coughing my guts up!! don't want to leave it too long as i need to keep this weight coming off

Get well soon Vic! Hope you're back in your running shoes before too long!

I did it!!! The week 5 session 3!!! I ran for 20 mins!!! Me??!!

Did NOT think i would do it!!!

Soooooo happy!!! x

Well done chick! It's a real milestone! Fab :D:D:D

Well done!

I got lazy. Started again. Week 1 day 3 tonight hopefully :)

Good luck Hun! ....and well done for getting back to it!

Dx

Denise: You've graduated!!! Fantastic :) :) :)

Everyone is doing so well.

I'm slightly on pause :) My hours in work have gone up to full time over Christmas but often means me starting at 11 and finishing at 8. Leave home at 10 and don't get in until 9. Gym sometimes doesn't open until 9 which means I don't have enough time! Excuses I know but they're mine and I'm sticking to them!!!!

Started 30 day shred today though. Takes around 20 mins and promises fab results!! We'll see how it goes. I'm back to 27 hours/week after New Year so can get myself back organised then!!! xx

Im buzzing like a ten bob clock after my runs!!!! Hehe x

Bless your little cotton running socks, I bet you are!
I hadn't heard that expression before......love it :D

I'll just mention, in case you experience what I did, that I struggled with Wk6D1! Don't know whether I was still on a high from the 20 minute run and went too fast or whether I was just having a naffy day generally but I had to repeat the day as I got wussie knees on the 10 minute run:cry: It really knocked me for six.

Hopefully you'll be fine but if you do find it tough just bear in mind that I struggled and now I'm comfortably running for 30 minutes and could probably go much further ( hands on hips: you can run as far as THAT tree Denise and NO further ) - the only
reason I don't is because I'm on a VCLD.

Dovestones look out!

Dx

Denise: You've graduated!!! Fantastic :) :) :)

Everyone is doing so well.

I'm slightly on pause :) My hours in work have gone up to full time over Christmas but often means me starting at 11 and finishing at 8. Leave home at 10 and don't get in until 9. Gym sometimes doesn't open until 9 which means I don't have enough time! Excuses I know but they're mine and I'm sticking to them!!!!

Started 30 day shred today though. Takes around 20 mins and promises fab results!! We'll see how it goes. I'm back to 27 hours/week after New Year so can get myself back organised
then!!! xx

Not excuses Rachel.....reasons! And quite understandable ones :)
Let us know how the shred works out!

Dx

Well today was my first 30 minute run without podcast Laura twittering in my ear!. It felt a bit odd but I did enjoy listening to my own playlist and I startled a few dog-walkers because I was singing along! :D

Well today was my first 30 minute run without podcast Laura twittering in my ear!. It felt a bit odd but I did enjoy listening to my own playlist and I startled a few dog-walkers because I was singing along! :D

lol:whistle:

Still not been, might just have to go for an extra swim tomorrow, and as the other 1/2 says knowing me will slip and break somthing just before we go away! anyway will be digging out some shorts to run in whilst i am away... think i will have to get up at about 6 before it gets too hot!!! currently 37deg. talk about one extreme to another.

Still not been, might just have to go for an extra swim tomorrow, and as the other 1/2 says knowing me will slip and break somthing just before we go away! anyway will be digging out some shorts to run in whilst i am away... think i will have to get up at about 6 before it gets too hot!!! currently 37deg. talk about one extreme to another.

Ooh where are you going?

I have just started on this program this week. Done run 2 today. First run got stitch but did complete. Got quite bad shin splints today, not sure if it is just somthing that will pass or if it is my (cheapo) trainers that aren't v good. Have been reading a bit about choosing running shoes and maybe I will go and get some proprerly fitted or something.

Anyway, despite shin spints I completed and so feeling v pleased with myself. Starting nights tonight but plan to do my 3rd of the week on Tues or Weds and then will start week 2 on Friday.

I have just started on this program this week. Done run 2 today. First run got stitch but did complete. Got quite bad shin splints today, not sure if it is just somthing that will pass or if it is my (cheapo) trainers that aren't v good. Have been reading a bit about choosing running shoes and maybe I will go and get some proprerly fitted or something.

Anyway, despite shin spints I completed and so feeling v pleased with myself. Starting nights tonight but plan to do my 3rd of the week on Tues or Weds and then will start week 2 on Friday.

Well done for sticking with it! Having sone water before the run helps avoid stitches. xx

Finished week 1 today! Start week 2 Tuesday hopefully. Bit scared lol

Finished week 1 today! Start week 2 Tuesday hopefully. Bit scared lol

Well done hun! Stick at it, it's a wonderful programme - great for your self esteem as much as your fitness ! :D

Week six... session 1 done!!! First run outside... Was amazing!!! May get rid of my treadmill!!! x

I am running outside as have no treadmill and not gym member. I agree that it is really nice and I am covering more ground than expected.

First run I was initially quite self-conscious. Then about halfway through I just thought to myself "Who cares what anyone else thinks - I'm out in the fresh air doing exercise which is more than they are!!!!!"

Back