C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Another first! .......running with my son!

Awwww it was so NICE :D :D :D

It was great to have company, and I was pleased to prove to myself that I really was able to have a conversation whilst running.

He didn't have to slow down too often considering that he's almost a foot taller and 35 years younger!

Sooooo proud of myself!

Thats fantastic! :D

Just finished my run! .......on Boxing Day!!!

Previous years would have seen me struggle to do 10 reps with each eyelid! :)

Lol!

Good job! Hope you've all had a good christmas :)

Just finished my run! .......on Boxing Day!!!

Previous years would have seen me struggle to do 10 reps with each eyelid! :)

Lol!

Yay! I ran this morning too. Last one of week 2. Some uphill as well (staying up with my folks in Yorkshire so hard to avoid it!).

Planning to do d1 Wk3 on weds or thurs up here, then on fri or sat back home in hants! :)

Yay! I ran this morning too. Last one of week 2. Some uphill as well (staying up with my folks in Yorkshire so hard to avoid it!).

Planning to do d1 Wk3 on weds or thurs up here, then on fri or sat back home in hants! :)

Well done sweetie! (Especially on the uphill bits) :D

Done week 3 day 1 tonight! Can't believe it! Was hard but got through it somehow!

Done week 3 day 1 tonight! Can't believe it! Was hard but got through it somehow!

Fan-TAS-tic! Well done chick, keep it up! :D

Thank you for all the encouragement :)

Have any of you tried it on a treadmill I'm wondering how it works does it tell you what speed etc to turn up too? Cx

I do it on treadmill. Go at what's comfortable for you :)

Done week 3 day 2 today! A lot easier than day 1!

Have any of you tried it on a treadmill I'm wondering how it works does it tell you what speed etc to turn up too? Cx
Totally do what suits you... I went from 4.5km/hr(walk) to 6.5km/hr (Run)....

I have it on good authority (My ultra distance running OH) Build you 'time running' up first and then when your running for the full time.... Say the 30 mins on the programme.... then build on your speed if you want to!!!

Hope this helps!!!

I think a common mistake, from what i've been told, about people starting to run... is trying to go too fast!!!

XXXXX

Trouble is and forgive me for sounding daft - I struggle to run unless it is fast - I tend to end up walk I dont know how to get myself jogging as such on a treadmill!

But I can run slower on solid ground but know that I won't in this weather.

I'll give it a go just I normally walk at about 6.5km/hr purely bc I can don't get me wrong it is a power walk I just don't know how to get the bounce on a treadmill to
Run lol xx

Hmm. Maybe try it at the speed you think you need to get to to run and see how you feel? If you can do it faster than isn't that a good thing?

I started doing it walking at 4.5, running at 6. Now I am walking at 5 and running at 6.5 :)

Hey Bostik, reckon we are about at the same point in the programme.:)

I did week 3 d1 this lunchtime - in the rain!!! My legs hurt but I pushed on and feel great now!! Glad to hear that this week will get easier. Am nervous about wk4 but am going to put my faith in the programme and hope I get through ok!

Pearlsgirl said:

I did week 3 d1 this lunchtime - in the rain!!! My legs hurt but I pushed on and feel great now!! Glad to hear that this week will get easier. Am nervous about wk4 but am going to put my faith in the programme and hope I get through ok!

Haha i looked at week 4. Looks tough! Well get through it though!

How amazing does it feel when you push through!! : )

Haha i looked at week 4. Looks tough! Well get through it though!

Of course you will - the programme WORKS! I know it's a clche but.....if I can do it, then it MUST do! Lol xx

Back