C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Gym is closing early today so I have actually woken up early to go and do my run! I shock myself sometimes! Next time I post in this thread I shall hopefully have finished week 3! :D

Gym is closing early today so I have actually woken up early to go and do my run! I shock myself sometimes! Next time I post in this thread I shall hopefully have finished week 3! :D

Ha ha I know what you mean! I'm not sure what to do while the pool is closed and am considering a couple of extra runs tomorrow and Monday ;). Who IS this energetic woman?

Happy New Running Year chick!

Dx

Haha go you! Happy new year!

Just finished week 3! First runs are alright but last one is so difficult! Im not as scared for week 4 as i was for week 3 but im still nervous! Doing it Monday hopefully :)

Wow. Just done week 4 day 1! Struggled from the first five minute run! Was so hard! Got through it somehow though :)

Done week 3 day 2. PLanning on completing week 3 on Thursday then will start week 4 at the weekend.

Brilliant! We'll probably finish around the same time :)

Hi everyone new to this part of the site. I've just started doing the C25K :) and have to say I'm loving it which I never thought I'd hear myself say.

x x x

Good luck! It's brilliant!

Just done week 4 day 2! Wow it was such a struggle for some reason. Felt twice as hard as day 1 even though it was the same!

Well done Bostik!

I'm getting the fear about week 4 now...just done last one of week 3 and it was a toughie! Mind you, it's blowing a gale here so running into that won't have helped. Maybe that's why yours was tricky too????

We both stuck it out though!! Go us!!!:p:p:)

I do it indoors on the treadmill so not that! Week four is not actually that bad. But for some reason I'm really struggling. But I am getting through it so I definitely can do it. And so can you :)

Doh! You had said before about the treadmill. LOL - I am now picturing a treadmill in a wind tunnel!!

I've just started this & did Day 2 Week 1 yest. I have to say I'm finding it tough enough so really need to keep at it & up my fitness levels!

In a moment of motivation/madness (today!) I suggested to hubby that I'd like to do couch to 5k......he was all for doing it with me....so no excuse now! We've done week 1, day 1 this afternoon.....when darkness fell.

Timed the first couple of sections and it worked out near enough that jogging the short side of a football pitch and walking the long side was the right timings.

I didn't think I was going to be able to make it - legs felt weak, and the stitch was bad, but I did! I've never done jogging/running before but not a total exercise beginner as I do have/sometimes use my gym membership.

Not sure if I'll be ready to move onto week 2 after just 1 week but we'll see - already told OH that we might have to do every week twice!

In a moment of motivation/madness (today!) I suggested to hubby that I'd like to do couch to 5k......he was all for doing it with me....so no excuse now! We've done week 1, day 1 this afternoon.....when darkness fell.

Timed the first couple of sections and it worked out near enough that jogging the short side of a football pitch and walking the long side was the right timings.

I didn't think I was going to be able to make it - legs felt weak, and the stitch was bad, but I did! I've never done jogging/running before but not a total exercise beginner as I do have/sometimes use my gym membership.

Not sure if I'll be ready to move onto week 2 after just 1 week but we'll see - already told OH that we might have to do every week twice!

Well done for starting. I too had stitch the first session as well as shin splints and thought I would not be ready for week 2 after just 3 week 1 runs. But I was, have carried on as per the programme and start week 4 this weekend.

So trust the programme and stick with it - it does really work!! Good luck!

I've just started this & did Day 2 Week 1 yest. I have to say I'm finding it tough enough so really need to keep at it & up my fitness levels!

Well done! It does work.

Well done for starting guys. Its brilliant!

Not sure if I'll be ready to move onto week 2 after just 1 week
but we'll see - already told OH that we might have to do every week twice!

Your last comment made me smile because when I started the programme I told myself that I'd probably need to repeat each day 3 times and that the programme would take 27 weeks rather than 9! Well......I did need to repeat a couple of sessions but I graduated after 10 weeks and now run comfortably for 35-40 minutes, three times per week!

.....and I WAS a complete couch potato!

Dx

WELL DONE
Keep at it sweetie......it works!

Dx

Back