C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Thanks! I really ought to get back into strength training but i was put off by doing it on a big calorie defecit and just felt so weak and feeble!

I'm a bit confused how to log the c25k training into MFP diary, as it's neither running nor walking is it, what are other people doing?

Completed w1d2 today and considering its the Same as day1 I really struggled!

I still walked at 5.5 and ran at 8 but really felt it! Not sure why!! X

Well done!

Elemental - I log it at X minutes walking at Xmph and X minutes running at whatever miles per hour. So separate.

I ALWAYS found the second session hardest!!! Stick with it!!! Session 3 will be easier!!!

Elemental said:
Ok thank you, i wondered if it was the same as just walking as your heart rate is higher from the running intervals?
Yeah it would be different probably. But i don't eat my calories from exercise so i just log it like that. I don't think it would be that much more calories though anyway.

Yeah it would be different probably. But i don't eat my calories from exercise so i just log it like that. I don't think it would be that much more calories though anyway.

when ur a big fatty like me it probably is :D:D

Actually I promised a poster i would test out my HRM tomorrow so i will experiment and log cals that way! :cool:

Oh if you have a hrm then thats definitely best lol. I would definitely invest in one if i ate mine so i could be more sure.

I had same issue - just keep going and you will be ok. Keep the faith!:):):)

Well done to all the C25K girls, I love checking in here to see how everyone is getting on!

Invested in a proper set of running shoes on Thursday. Not sure if this means I am officially "a runner" or not, but it's a start!!!

2nd run of wk 4 tomorrow night. My hubby (who is fitter than me!!) is coming with me which will be the first time ever that I have run with him, have always been too nervous to exercise with him before.

Best of luck tomorrow Pearlsgirl!

I did day 1 week 2 today. I found it tough enough but finished it anyway. The only thing is that I have a headcold now since this afternoon. If it gets worse between now & tues do you think i should still go for my run/walk??

Exciting! I think were runners by week 4 definitely lol. 5 minutes is a long bloody time!

Best of luck tomorrow Pearlsgirl!

I did day 1 week 2 today. I found it tough enough but finished it anyway. The only thing is that I have a headcold now since this afternoon. If it gets worse between now & tues do you think i should still go for my run/walk??

Well done on your progress so far Slimming Sinead! I had a look on the runners world website for you regarding your cold and found this, for what it's worth:

"General rule:

-if it's a head cold, train

-if it's below the neck (aches and pains all over) rest" I would add if you have a temperature then also rest.

I guess if it is just a head cold, you could start and see how you feel and stop if you feel pants. Listen to your body!

On the subject of deciding to do exercise or not/ motivation, I have had a bit of a revelation regarding me and exercise...

Tonight, I realised that if I wait until I feel like it, I will never feel like it so I have to go out anyway. Tonight, my brain was coming up with all sorts of random excuses not to go out for my planned session, the first one going with my hubby BTW. It kept telling me it was too dark, I was too tired, too busy, bit of a headache, hubby will laugh at me etc etc etc. But once I got going I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the company as well. So that is wk4 d2 done and actually looking forward to getting week 4 done and moving on.

Sorry for the burbling.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have good runs everyone!:)

Hope that helps!

Well done! I make excuses everytime but drag myself anyway lol.

Done week 5 day 1 tonight. Struggled a little but wasn't too bad. Worried about day 2 and 3 though. Never ran 8 or 20 mins lol

well back off my hols but now need to get back on it, attempted a few runs while away but the heat was a killer. Thinking of dropping it back down to week 7 and building back up again or maybe even week 6? not sure what do you ladies think not really been for a good run for about 5 weeks.

Another trip to the gym tonight to complete week 1 day 3 - I'm looking forward to it but completely complexed as to how ill ever complete it! As day 2 nearly killed me! X

Mizkirsty said:
Another trip to the gym tonight to complete week 1 day 3 - I'm looking forward to it but completely complexed as to how ill ever complete it! As day 2 nearly killed me! X
I felt the same. But you'll be fine. I think ive always found the second day hardest. Then i get through day 3 mostly fine :)

Back