C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

well back off my hols but now need to get back on it, attempted a few runs while away but the heat was a killer. Thinking of dropping it back down to week 7 and building back up again or maybe even week 6? not sure what do you ladies think not really been for a good run for about 5 weeks.

Welcome back hun! If I were you, I'd repeat week 6 and consolidate on some short runs with walking in between. I'm very new to this exercise mallarky but I would have thought that after such a long break a 'new' runner would need to build up gradually. But hey, that's just me ....good luck with whatever yo decide!

Dx

Another trip to the gym tonight to complete week 1 day 3 - I'm looking forward to it but completely complexed as to how ill ever complete it! As day 2 nearly killed me! X

Just don't be tempted to run too fast ! You'll be fine!

Right I did increase a lil bit as my legs were hurting last time so I ran on a 1.0 incline rather than 0.5 and ran at 8.5 rather than 8.0 and actually it helped I found it hard with respects to the running was hard work rather than it was painful - does that make sense? X

Pearlsgirl said:
Well done on your progress so far Slimming Sinead! I had a look on the runners world website for you regarding your cold and found this, for what it's worth:

"General rule:

-if it's a head cold, train

-if it's below the neck (aches and pains all over) rest" I would add if you have a temperature then also rest.

I guess if it is just a head cold, you could start and see how you feel and stop if you feel pants. Listen to your body!

/QUOTE]

Thanks a million for looking that up for me Pearlsgirl. I was going to brave it last night anyway but didn't I pull a muscle in my thigh/hip (maybe my hip flexer) & I could barely walk. I won't be doing my c25k today anyway as I have SW & won't have time but will prob do a few stretches or some light pilates to try to sort out the muscle. Back to my c25k tomorrow!

Well done to you all now that are running for such long times. The thought of running for that length scares me!

week 1 will be finished tonight in our household.....after dark of course!

Right I did increase a lil bit as my legs were hurting last time so I ran on a 1.0 incline rather than 0.5 and ran at 8.5 rather than 8.0 and actually it helped I found it hard with respects to the running was hard work rather than it was painful - does that make sense? X

That HELPED? Lol! I'll take your word for it hun! I don't do treadmill running and I take care to avoid hills (not easy around here!). Still, if it works for you then that's all that matters.

Well done

Xx

Thanks a million for looking that up for me Pearlsgirl. I was going to brave it last night anyway but didn't I pull a muscle in my thigh/hip (maybe my hip flexer) & I could barely walk. I won't be doing my c25k today anyway as I have SW & won't have time but will prob do a few stretches or some light pilates to try to sort out the muscle. Back to my c25k tomorrow!

Well done to you all now that are running for such long times. The thought of running for that length scares me!
Pleasure hun. Hope you are back on your c25k soon! x

Week 5 day 2 done! Two 8 minute runs! Dunno how i did it but somehow i did lol. Strength training on Saturday so got my 20 minute run on Monday. Bit scared of that one lol

Bostik said:
Week 5 day 2 done! Two 8 minute runs! Dunno how i did it but somehow i did lol. Strength training on Saturday so got my 20 minute run on Monday. Bit scared of that one lol

That's impressive Bostik. Well done! 8 minutes is such a long time.

Week 2 day 2 done this evening so i'm back on track!

Thank you! You'll be there soon! Good job!

Believe!

Xx

I do think i can do it. Yesterday the first 8 mins was okay. What i found hardest was having to start running again after i stopped to walk. So hoping i can just get through it :)

Wow inspiration! Not convinced I'll ever manage that?! X

Trust me you will. I was at week one thinking how the hell am I gonna get to 3 minute runs...then 5 minute runs...then I was worried about these 8 minute ones but I really shouldn't have been! They've designed it so well :)

Hi all! :) Hope you don't mind me jumping in here! Only on Week 2, Day 2, so I know
I have a long way to go, but got to the last 90 second run of the podcast today and something told me to keep running, so I did... for 10 minutes! The treadmills I usually run on at the work gym are in km, and I usually run at 7.5kph, but the one at home is in miles, so I didn't know how fast I was going till I Googled it after... 4.5mph = 7.2kph, to my surprise! Well chuffed! :D

Can't see myself doing that again for a while, but it certainly has encouraged me to keep going :) well done to everyone else on their successes!

A

xxx

Week 5 day 1 done!

Found it harder than expected. Did a bit of uphill though, which I have so far avoided like the plague!!! May need to do an repeat as I am trying to align the d3 session with a weekend. Trying to get into a set pattern of Mon, Thurs, Sat as I start a new job on more hours tomorrow.

Well done all the C25Kers out there. Keep posting, I find it so encouraging. Esp big shout out to Bostik who is just ahead of me and gives me hope that what seems impossible is actually do-able if I trust in the programme!!!

P.S. Just re-read the above and I sound like I have joined a cult or something!!!!!!!!!:argh:

Both of you are brilliant! :D

Haha, I'll keep posting to let you know how it is. Definitely don't worry about the 8 minute runs, you'll fly through!

Both of you are brilliant! :D

Haha, I'll keep posting to let you know how it is. Definitely don't worry about the 8 minute runs, you'll fly through!

Done week 5 d2. You were right, the 8 mins was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I plan to repeat this day just so that I can get my d3 session to fall at the weekend.:)

Hi. I'm doing this too. Have just started w2 day1. Look forward to seeing it through with you all x

Back