C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

sushidoll85 said:
Did you do a warm up before going in gym?
Do you have correctly firing running trainers, they really do make a difference!

I thought it could be my trainers, they're just a pair of adidas ones, I doubt they're designed for running. The problem is I didn't really wanna spend money on a pair of trainers this early in case I don't get into it.
The odd thing is it didn't hurt when I ran outside, only when I did the treadmill.

Oooh I want to reply properly later but for now, can I ask if anyone else finds it really unnatural to land on their heels?! I can't stand it, makes my legs hurt even more!

A

xxx

Just spotted this thread- great
Used to run a bit years ago but got bad anterior shin splints a few years ago so gave up the running- really missed it.
So back to things nice and slowly...just finished wk 3 which was my first wk on the road rather than the treadmill. Forgot how refreshed and alert I feel running outside!
Xx

anradharc - it's brilliant isnt it!

Done week 6 day 1 last night! Not too bad. the breaks in between are still hard. Just hate having to start again. Found it easier to just run through!

anradharc - it's brilliant isnt it!

Done week 6 day 1 last night! Not too bad. the breaks in between are still hard. Just hate having to start again. Found it easier to just run through!

Well done! I know what you mean about the breaks; even now if I stop to wait for a gap in the traffic when I cross the road, my legs seem reluctant to go again!

Think i'm gonna start back at the beginning - not been for a week cos OH has had a bad back.

I tried last night to have a go with week 1 day 1. My boyfriend agreed to do it with me so I thought I'd leave the podcast at home so we could chat while running. My mistake! For some reason I thought it was 5 min fast walk for warming up, and then run 2 walk 3 mins and repeat! Wasn't until I got home and had another listen I realised how wrong I was. Probably why I didn't finish. So I am going to try again tonight or Thursday and actually listen this time!

I've started running with my hubby - I just put one earphone in and then I can chat and still know when to walk and run!

HTH

Week 6 day 2 done. Really struggled through that one! 25 minute run on Monday..not feeling as confident as the 20 minute run, but I know I can do it :)

Hi guys......I haven't been on here for a while. Just wanted to say that everyone is doing really well. I've done the c25k and it works. Just started on the b210k yesterday. After a nice long running break (Christmas lasted a while!!) I thought it would be a massive struggle. It wasn't too bad though, and I think that's definately thanks to the c25k programme.

Keep at it and we'll all be running marathons before 2012 is out!!!xx

Hi guys......I haven't been on here for a while. Just wanted to say that everyone is doing really well. I've done the c25k and it works. Just started on the b210k yesterday. After a nice long running break (Christmas lasted a while!!) I thought it would be a massive struggle. It wasn't too bad though, and I think that's definately thanks to the c25k programme.

Keep at it and we'll all be running marathons before 2012 is out!!!xx

Hi Rachel

Nice to hear from you. Congratulations on graduating :D

I'm sticking with 30 minute runs, 3 times per week for the moment as I'm still on a low calorie intake .....BUT I definitely want to start the b210k in March when I've completed the Cambridge stabilisation. Do you know if there's a Blackberry app?

Do keep us posted on how you get on.

Dx

I'm an iphone user, but I think there is a Blackberry app for it. Starts with 10 min run 1 min walk x 4. After running 30 mins without a walking break it's not too bad at all!! I've already got the half marathon app to use afterwards!!!

You're doing so well Denise :) You're an inspiration for the rest of us. xx

You're doing so well Denise :) You're an inspiration for the rest of us. xx

I agree!:thankyou:

Did Week 5 day 3 today - the 20 min run. Had more days off since W3 d2 than I had planned and it felt like it took me ages to get going and warmed up. Thought I wouldn't make it. But got through, even though I was running along the seafront into a pretty strong wind!

Yay! Week 6 here I come, well over halfway though now!!

Well done Pearlsgirl & Bostik. A 20 min run is so scary!

I'm starting week 4 tomorrow & I'm petrified. The thought of the 5 mins run is giving me shivers. I just don't know if I can do it.

I'm starting week 4 tomorrow & I'm petrified. The thought of the 5 mins run is giving me shivers. I just don't know if I can do it.

I was just the same! Every time, I was convinced there was no way I would complete the session. Just start off and tell yourself you will give it your best shot. Have faith, you can do it!:clap::clap::clap:

Awww thanks girls! .....and well done Pearlsgirl.

Sinead - just believe in yourself and the program. Give it your best shot as Pearlsgirl says and you'll be amazed what you can do. Pace yourself and slow down if you start to tire - remember......how ever slow you go, you're still faster than the couch!

Happy running ladies!

Dx

Pearlsgirl said:
I agree!:thankyou:

Did Week 5 day 3 today - the 20 min run. Had more days off since W3 d2 than I had planned and it felt like it took me ages to get going and warmed up. Thought I wouldn't make it. But got through, even though I was running along the seafront into a pretty strong wind!

Yay! Week 6 here I come, well over halfway though now!!
Well done! Feels good don't it :D
slimming sinead said:

You'll be absolutely fine :)

Thanks a million for all the encouragement. You were all right - I could do it!! It did nearly kill me (especially the last 5 mins that was into the wind!) but I kept at it.

Thanks again. You're a great bunch! x

Thanks a million for all the encouragement. You were all right - I could do it!! It did nearly kill me (especially the last 5 mins that was into the wind!) but I kept at it.

Oh well DONE Sinead! Bet you feel like you could take on the world now! Give yourself a well-earned pat on the back; every time you push through, you build the strength that's going to carry you through to the next challenge.

Sooo proud of you sweetie

Dx

Yay - go Sinead!!! So pleased for you!

Denise140 said:
Oh well DONE Sinead! Bet you feel like you could take on the world now! Give yourself a well-earned pat on the back; every time you push through, you build the strength that's going to carry you through to the next challenge.

Sooo proud of you sweetie

Dx

That sounds like something podcast lady would say :D anyone else pat themselves on the back when she says it? :p

In other news, I did week 3, day 2 yesterday (and due to do day 3 tomorrow) but instead of the last 3 min run, I decided to keep going... and going... and going... and ended up running for 13 minutes! Finished a mile, no stopping :D :woo:

A

xxx

Back