C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Thats fantastic!

Guess what girls.... Round Dovestones today!!! Approx 3 miles..... LOVED IT!!!! Invested in some proper running attire now also....

Now i know its not just a fad!!! Lol...

X

Haha officially a runner! Go you!

That sounds like something podcast lady would say :D anyone else pat themselves on the back when she says it? :p

In other news, I did week 3, day 2 yesterday (and due to do day 3 tomorrow) but instead of the last 3 min run, I decided to keep going... and going... and going... and ended up running for 13 minutes! Finished a mile, no stopping :D :woo:

A

xxx

Ha ha! You found me out! I'm actually podcast Laura!

Soooo NOT! :D. Have to confess I used to answer her back

"you may be feeling a bit tired now"........no **** Sherlock!

But I did enjoy being told I was fantastic!

Well done on your mile! Xx

Guess what girls.... Round Dovestones today!!! Approx 3 miles..... LOVED IT!!!! Invested in some proper running attire now also....

Now i know its not just a fad!!! Lol...

X

Oh you're a runner....no question! xx

I did another week 1 day earlier....at the gym....with the podcast (which I think is fab!). Planning on another (at gym) on Weds morning, and then hopefully another at the weekend with OH (probably round the footie pitch).

I've never really ran on a treadmill before today but found it ok really. Luckily the gym I go to is small and there's never really too many people in the day time!

Started week 6 day 3 (the 25 minute run). I just wasn't getting into it at all tonight. Ended up stopping and getting on an exercise bike. Bit annoyed. Try again on Wednesday.

Started week 6 day 3 (the 25 minute run). I just wasn't getting into it at all tonight. Ended up stopping and getting on an exercise bike. Bit annoyed. Try again on Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that chick but don't be too hard on yourself ....it happens. Hope you get your mojo back on Wednesday!

xx

Sometimes you just have a tough run... I had a rubbish one yesterday!!! But as my OH pointed out to me.... Better than being sat on teh sofa....

Doen't matter how long it takes to get there!!!

X

Since my session yesterday I've had an achey knee.....I had ligament damage in this knee in Jan 07 from a fall while skiing, but it has recovered fully.
I felt a bit of pain in this knee on Fri or Sat night while at work - thought i'd twisted it slightly but it didn't hurt while on the treadmill yesterday.
Throughout the night it was aching (I was on a night shift so was awake).

What should my plan of action be?? Just carry on steadily and see how it goes, or rest??

Thanks.

Since my session yesterday I've had an achey knee.....I had ligament damage in this knee in Jan 07 from a fall while skiing, but it has recovered fully.
I felt a bit of pain in this knee on Fri or Sat night while at work - thought i'd twisted it slightly but it didn't hurt while on the treadmill yesterday.

What should my plan of action be?? Just carry on steadily and see how it goes, or rest??

Thanks.

Depends on the level of pain hun, but if running brought it on, or made it worse then I'd rest it until the ache subsides and then try some gentle exercise to see how it feels.

Hope it eases off soon

xx

I'd rest it... but could it be the cold and damp.... I broke my anle years ago... and when i started running i was really worried about it.... But nothing!!! But if its a bit cold and damp it aches and feels quite painfull sometimes!!!

x

Thanks.

I agree with Denise having tore the ligament in my knee years ago (not a good advert for skiing is it!) it is always a bit weak when i have not done anything for a while (well seferal years really) i found that mine started to hurt arround week 3 and rested it until it didn't hurt anymore and then started again. Found that the next time i went out it ached a little so i just slowed down a bit and it has been fine since.

Hope it feels better soon.

Bostik said:

Bostik, just think what you would say to me or anyone else on this thread if we didn't quite finish a session! Think of all that you've achieved over the last 7 weeks. It's no big deal that you didn't finish 1 session, you've already stuck to it for 20 sessions & you'll be right back to it today. You know you can do it.

Plus, you got off the treadmill & got onto the bike so you were still being active! Best of luck with your run today. x

Really hoping I can do it tonight. I think it's cos I've not been sleeping much recently. Maybe don't have the energy? Really do wanna run though cos I actually feel I have accomplished something when I finish running and am sweating and tired. Felt lazy on the bike! But glad I didn't just get changed and go home :)

I'm just copying exactly what you said to me last week Bostik & you were dead right!

'You'll be absolutely fine :) '

Really hoping I can do it tonight. I think it's cos I've not been sleeping much recently. Maybe don't have the energy? Really do wanna run though cos I actually feel I have accomplished something when I finish running and am sweating and tired. Felt lazy on the bike! But glad I didn't just get changed and go home :)

Bostik sweetie, you're building this up to be a big thing in your head - sometimes you just have an off day! Be proud of the fact that you didn't just give up and go home - you got on a bike, not lazy at all!

Thinking of you tonight. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Dx

Happened again. But this time I made sure I ran 10 mins before I stopped. Think I am just bored of running! Cos it's not that I can't do it cos I've done a 20 minute run before. I just sorta find it a long period of time if you get me? Just running and listening to my music or whatever. Done the 5 minute walk, ran 10 minutes, 5 minute cool down walk and then got on the stepper and bike for a bit. Gonna keep trying though. And do at least 10 minutes each time. Hopefully, I'll get back into it just by keeping on having a go :)

Would you maybe think about running outside if you're bored Bostik? There'd probably be more to distract you & you could change your route every so often.

Back