C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Fantastic :D Well done you!

Cold and frosty out there this morning......but I STILL enjoyed it!

I did have a bit of an argument with myself as whether I should go out given that I've pulled my tummy muscles a bit (pushing hubby's stupid car!) but really that was just lazy me making excuses - it's not nearly as uncomfortable today and I forgot all about it once I got into my stride.

That won't stop me whingeing at him though! ;)

Fair play to you Denise. I don't know how you do it in the morning. I find it so much easier in the evenings which is strange as I'm a v early starter.

I did my 2 8 min runs yest so on to my 20 min run tomorrow!

Good luck! You'll do great!

Just got back from Week 7 run 1. Slight cheat because the only way I could fit it in was to run to Slimming World to WI and then run home again, so I did have a quick break while I queued and weighed. But otherwise I managed it all ok. Will do without a break on Thurs pm or Fri am.

Well done Pearlsgirl. Break or no break, that's still brilliant!

Fantastic :)

Fair play to you Denise. I don't know how you do it in the morning. I find it so much easier in the evenings which is strange as I'm a v early starter.

I did my 2 8 min runs yest so on to my 20 min run tomorrow!

Oooh exciting! Good luck chick.....you can do it!

Dx

Just got back from Week 7 run 1. Slight cheat because the only way I could fit it in was to run to Slimming World to WI and then run home again, so I did have a quick break while I queued and weighed. But otherwise I managed it all ok. Will do without a break on Thurs pm or Fri am.

Well done Hun! Proud of you!

Dx

Hi, I hope I'm in the right place???

I've been wanting a treadmill for ages & tonight I finally got a second hand one. A few weeks ago I signed up for the Race for Life (RFL) & downloaded the c25k programme.

I've NEVER run before but I'm hoping to start c25k & complete the RFL :)

Go for it! It's a brilliant programme!

I couldn't even finish day 1 -i feel ill! I tried though & I'll keep trying.

Sent by Cupcake using HTC

Yes keep trying. My first couple of attempts were a disaster too.
It will come.

xx

I couldn't even finish day 1 -i feel ill! I tried though & I'll keep trying.

Don't give up. Go the slowest that you possibly can whilst still jogging if you get what I mean. It's all about gradually building up your endurance. You will be able to do it if you keep trying! :bighug:

How is everyone getting on?

Cupcake, did you try Day 1 again? I hope you got on ok. x

I did week 6 day 2 today & I found it the toughest yet (2 x 10 mins & 3 min walk). I don't know why but I always find the weekend runs the hardest so I'm really hoping Tuesday's 25 min will be ok. V scared about it but will try my best.

No running for me today!!! Bloody snow!!!

I say that.... I love the snow.... just dont like not being able to run!! : ( X

How is everyone getting on?

Cupcake, did you try Day 1 again? I hope you got on ok. x

I did week 6 day 2 today & I found it the toughest yet (2 x 10 mins & 3 min walk). I don't know why but I always find the weekend runs the hardest so I'm really hoping Tuesday's 25 min will be ok. V scared about it but will try my best.

You'll be amazed, I promise you. You can slow down as much as you like but you'll find that if you don't stop you'll manage it and wonder why you were worried!

Enjoy!

Dx

Hi, sorry forgot to post!

Yes, last night I took it really slow & completed day 1 from start to finish :) I am so happy I did -there's hope for me yet to complete the race for life!

Back