C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Hi, sorry forgot to post!

Yes, last night I took it really slow & completed day 1 from start to finish :) I am so happy I did -there's hope for me yet to complete the race for life!

Sent by Cupcake using HTC

There you go! Well done! You're on your way now.
Enjoy that buzz.....it only gets better!

Dx

Hi, I am hoping to do day 1 of C25K tomorrow. Bit nervous as I haven't even attempted running in about a year (unless you count the 50 yard bus stop dash?). Hopefully, it will all go alright. Looking ahead at the plan it seems like some of the runs step up a lot from 5 weeks onwards. Does it all become quite a natural step up or should I be scared?

Its a scary step... but you'll find you can do it!!! This programme is amazing!!! Have faith in it!!! It works!!

: )

X

Well I've heard so many good things about it, and I do love a good schedule so I'm feeling positive.

I'll be cursing myself tomorrow mind, with the weather as it is.

Well I've heard so many good things about it, and I do love a good schedule so I'm feeling positive.

I'll be cursing myself tomorrow mind, with the weather as it is.

Welcome to C25K! I second what Deezer said. It has converted me from an exercise-phobe to (dare I say it) a runner in 7 weeks!

If you had said to me at the end of November that I would be going out in the rain, dark and cold, running non-stop for 25 minutes and actually enjoying it, I would have laughed my head off at you. Just do it one run at a time, you will be amazed - it really does work. It builds up your confidence and sets you achievable targets every time. You are allowed, in fact told to run as slow as you like!

Go for it!:):)

Hey there ladies. Just finished week 7 tonight. I have been having a bit of a mental block with the non-stop runs, just found it a big adjustment from the intervals of run-walk. My silly brain has been quite sulky about it - I felt really cheated out of my little bits of walking!!! BUT - I have worked through it and have completed the runs anyway.

Am going away on hols for 2 weeks on Saturday but taking my kit with me and planning to come back having completed C25K!!

I am finding this board really motivational going back and reading posts when people were beginning. There is such a quick change in attitudes and ability. Dare I say I am now feeling excited about giving it a go tomorrow?

Week one run 2 complete! :D I am so happy right now. It didn't feel like I was about to die & I think I actually enjoyed it,lol!

Week one run 2 complete! :D I am so happy right now. It didn't feel like I was about to die & I think I actually enjoyed it,lol!

Great! Well done! And glad to hear that, like the rest of us on this thread, you are gradually getting brainwashed by Podcast Laura into actually enjoying running!;););)

Pearlsgirl said:
Great! Well done! And glad to hear that, like the rest of us on this thread, you are gradually getting brainwashed by Podcast Laura into actually enjoying running!;););)

Lol! :)

Crikey i'm not looking forward t my run this morning.... Its definately a 'two pairs of leggings' day!!!

Crikey i'm not looking forward t my run this morning.... Its definately a 'two pairs of leggings' day!!!

You're so determined! Good on ya! It's not too cold here really but there's no safe running surface - Wii fit free jog for me.:sigh:

Dx

Hey there ladies. Just finished week 7 tonight. I have been having a bit of a mental block with the non-stop runs, just found it a big adjustment from the intervals of run-walk. My silly brain has been quite sulky about it - I felt really cheated out of my little bits of walking!!! BUT - I have worked through it and have completed the runs anyway.

Am going away on hols for 2 weeks on Saturday but taking my kit with me and planning to come back having completed C25K!!

Excellent news! You'll soon find that you get less arguments from your sulky brain if you do a continuous run. I find it sooooo hard to getcback into my stride if I stop for any reason. Mind over matter.......!

Dx

Just got back from my first run, and it all went better than expected. Got a bit of a stitch after the fifth interval, but powered through and it went away. Also weather couldn't have been better, brisk but not windy, so it kept me cool. 1 down, 26 to go.

On the down side, my socks were not up to scratch and now I need to add plasters to my list of running gear. :(

BravingABikini said:
Just got back from my first run, and it all went better than expected. Got a bit of a stitch after the fifth interval, but powered through and it went away. Also weather couldn't have been better, brisk but not windy, so it kept me cool. 1 down, 26 to go.

On the down side, my socks were not up to scratch and now I need to add plasters to my list of running gear. :(

Well done on the run! Hope your feet aren't too sore xo

Just did day one week one today :) really enjoyed it and didn't find it too bad, did it outside and the head wind on the way back was sooo strong!!

Back