C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Hey there ladies. Just finished week 7 tonight. I have been having a bit of a mental block with the non-stop runs, just found it a big adjustment from the intervals of run-walk. My silly brain has been quite sulky about it - I felt really cheated out of my little bits of walking!!! BUT - I have worked through it and have completed the runs anyway.

Am going away on hols for 2 weeks on Saturday but taking my kit with me and planning to come back having completed C25K!!

Well done Pearlsgirl! You're flying with it. Fair play to you for taking your kit on hols. Enjoy your time away - I'm v jealous! :)

I did my first 25 min run this evening & finished week 6! It wasn't half as bad as I thought. Between my 5 min warm up & cool down I'm covering 5k so at least I know that I'll be able to manage my 5k race on 25th Feb which is a relief. I just need to work on increasing my speed now!

Thanks a million again for your encouragement everybody. When I'm finding it tough I just think of you guys telling me just to try my best & I somehow manage to get through it!!

:thankyou:

Well my run was a slippy one... I had to walk half of it as it was like an ice rink!!! But i figure half a run and a walk is better than NO run at all!!!

X

Well my run was a slippy one... I had to walk half of it as it was like an ice rink!!! But i figure half a run and a walk is better than NO run at all!!!

X

Abso-blinking-lutely! Well done you!
I'm still on the Wii- fit

Pok pok pok pok !

C25k week 1 run 3 done -week 1 complete! I even managed to increase my speed between the walk & the runs! Still feel very ill but it's not an excuse. My run's done so I can be sick all I like now,lol!

C25k week 1 run 3 done -week 1 complete! I even managed to increase my speed between the walk & the runs! Still feel very ill but it's not an excuse. My run's done so I can be sick all I like now,lol!

Well done sweetie! Excellent!

Dx

Hey everyone, hope this is the right place to post :)

just downloaded the podcast and ordered the mp3 player. Hoping to get started next week - I've a pair of trainers I just wear for walking etc, nothing special - do you think they'll be ok?

More than a bit nervous I've not exercised seriously for about 12 years :eek: ...

Any tips for kit or preparation greatly appreciated :)

thanks in advance xx

just downloaded the podcast and ordered the mp3 player. Hoping to get started next week - I've a pair of trainers I just wear for walking etc, nothing special - do you think they'll be ok?

More than a bit nervous I've not exercised seriously for about 12 years :eek: ...

thanks in advance xx
Sure your trainers will be fine....

My advice would be just take it nice and slow..... Dont try to go to fast!!! And dont be worried if you have to repeat a day.... or a week..... Just keep at it and all of a sudden it clicks!!! Beleive in the programme... It works....

Soon... you'll love it!!!!

x

thanks in advance xx

As long as your trainers are comfy they'll be fine for the early weeks. As Dee says they key is not to try to go too fast; just a very very gentle jog is all that's needed. As long as you're faster than the couch it's fine and you'll be amazed at how quickly you improve.

Good luck

xx

I should have gone for a run yesterday, but my blisters are actually massive :( Hoping to go on Saturday, or Sunday. Am I making excuses, and should I have gone running? I looked at forums and they said I should wait for the water to leave before I ran. Feels a bit lame.

I should have gone for a run yesterday, but my blisters are actually massive :( Hoping to go on Saturday, or Sunday. Am I making excuses, and should I have gone running? I looked at forums and they said I should wait for the water to leave before I ran. Feels a bit lame.

I do think you need to let the blisters heal before resume your running. Have you got any shoes that you could walk in (maybe with some blister plasters to protect them) because, if so, you could do daily brisk walks in the mean time.

Hope you're able to get back with the programme soon

xx

Thatnks for the advice. I feel a little vindicated now. I am off to bootcamp tomorrow so hopefully I'll be all good to go by then and then do a run after that. She says, naively.

Sure your trainers will be fine....

My advice would be just take it nice and slow..... Dont try to go to fast!!! And dont be worried if you have to repeat a day.... or a week..... Just keep at it and all of a sudden it clicks!!! Beleive in the programme... It works....

Soon... you'll love it!!!!

x

As long as your trainers are comfy they'll be fine for the early weeks. As Dee says they key is not to try to go too fast; just a very very gentle jog is all that's needed. As long as you're faster than the couch it's fine and you'll be amazed at how quickly you improve.

Good luck

xx

Thank you to both of you :) feeling quite excited, new year, new me, it'd be nice to actually accomplish a challenge like this - hopefully next week will be less icy too! xx

sushidoll85 said:
If anyone runs on the treadmill what speed do you run/walk at?

I've got a second hand treadmill so still working out all the symbols on screen but I think I walk at 4.4 & run between 5.5 & 6 km per hr xo

Sent by Cupcake using HTC

If I'm on treadmill I walk at 7k (I'm tall so take longer strides I guess) then jog between 9k to 10.5k! Then anything above that I consider a run!

I use an app to measure outdoor! I tend to run quicker but walk slower! For some strange reason

Actually I never considered I run fast as I am slower than my OH
But

The above 2 that run at 6.5k well I walk at that speed quite comfortable! It's making me think my speed thing is maybe wrong

Still running indoors using the 30 minute jog on Wii fit but as soon as we've got clear pavements (it's -8 here so the snow's not shifting) I'm out there. I've downloaded the B210K app so I'll probably start a new thread too but will still be tuning here to check on your progress.

Jogging on

Dx

Back