C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Denise140 said:
Still running indoors using the 30 minute jog on Wii fit but as soon as we've got clear pavements (it's -8 here so the snow's not shifting) I'm out there. I've downloaded the B210K app so I'll probably start a new thread too but will still be tuning here to check on your progress.

Jogging on

Dx

Gosh we've been so lucky with the weather in Ireland this year compared to the rest of Europe. I don't envy you in those sub-zero temps. I'd be interested in joining you on the 10k thread once I finish my 5k in 2 weeks time Denise. There's a local 10k at the end of May that I'm aiming to do.

I did Day 2 Week 7 yest & very nearly quit but just about managed to keep going & finished it. I noticed after about 20 mins of running that my left foot went very numb. Did this ever happen to anyone else? I hope it doesn't happen again coz I'd be nervous of landing on it wrong & injuring myself!

Gosh we've been so lucky with the weather in Ireland this year compared to the rest of Europe. I don't envy you in those sub-zero temps. I'd be interested in joining you on the 10k thread once I finish my 5k in 2 weeks time Denise. There's a local 10k at the end of May that I'm aiming to do.

I did Day 2 Week 7 yest & very nearly quit but just about managed to keep going & finished it. I noticed after about 20 mins of running that my left foot went very numb. Did this ever happen to anyone else? I hope it doesn't happen again coz I'd be nervous of landing on it wrong & injuring myself!

Oh fab Sinead! We can be 10k buddies :D. 2 weeks should see me out and about again - the cold snap is supposed to end at the end of Feb!

I've never had my foot go numb....sounds weird. Trapped nerve?
Hopefully it's a one-off.

Congrats on your 7/2 run - homeward stretch now!

xx

Still running indoors using the 30 minute jog on Wii fit but as soon as we've got clear pavements (it's -8 here so the snow's not shifting) I'm out there. I've downloaded the B210K app so I'll probably start a new thread too but will still be tuning here to check on your progress.

Jogging on

Dx

Oooooh great minds hun... I was thinking of doing that!!!!!!

X

i dont use C25K but i did get a training plan for a 10k off asics website..

week1:
3 mile jog
3 mile jog
5 mile jog

week2:
5 mile run
3 mile jog
3 mile intervals

week3:
3 mile interval
3 mile jog
4.5 mile fast run

week4:
4.5 mile fast run
3 mile jog
4.5 mile interval

week5:
4.5 mile intervals
3 mile jog
6 mile fast run

week6:
6 mile fast run
3 mile jog
6 mile fast run

week 7:
6 mile fast run
3 mile jog
3 mile race pace
3 mile run

2 days later is the 6 mile run....

my new trainers feel wierd on my feet, very supportive but thats what feels so wierd!

Last edited:
i dont use C25K but i did get a training plan for a 10k!

Woo Gina! That sounds tough ! The bridge to 10k (B210K) is a little gentler. I'm going to 'limber up' by doing the first week's routines (4 x 10 minute runs with 60 seconds of walking in between) on the Wii fit this week and keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to repeat it outside next week.

xx

I've just done w5d3 and so pleased I;ve managed to run 20mins without stopping!
Whoever asked about treadmill speeds- I do all my runs on a treadmill and I walk at 5.5-5.8 and run anywhere between 6.5-7. At this pace I do 5k in 29mins (my personal best) that includes the 5 mins warm up and cool downs.
Also the numb foot thing...I took up running once before and this used to happen to me on every run,don't know why. It's not happened to me so far this time. Odd?! x

Out running this morning... Did my 3.5 mile round dovestones!!! Really enjoyed it as the past few days its been a bit icy!!!

Definately going to do the Bridge to 10k... *Excited*

Have you started a thread Denise??? Just then we havn't got 2!! XXX

After a shameful 2 weeks since my first run, I went back out today for another stab. Made sure to wear the correct socks for the job and really enjoyed myself (sans blisters). I promise not to leave it so long in future, and should be out again on Thursday.

Well done bravingabikini!

I'm starting week 9 tonight ahead of my official 5km run/race on Saturday. I'm absolutely petrified about Sat as I find it so much harder running in the mornings. I just hope I manage to run the whole thing & that I don't finish last!

Bostik, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well with you. x

Hope no one minds me jumping in here and asking for a spot of advice. I am looking at starting running(maybe !!) and seen lots of people mentioning couch to 5k which sounds just what I need. But when I googled it there are loads of sites-can anybody please recommend which is the best or a good one for a complete novice ?

OMG I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been doing some gentle walking on and off for a couple of weeks so this morning I set of at a brisker than usual pace and tried intervals of normal and brisk walking. Used lamp posts as distance and even put in 3 little runs-didnt mean to but it suddenly felt right to . Going to do it again on firday and then next week start the C25K properly next week.Going to use this week as a little tester and warm up,ease myself into it cos I really am unfit but was pleasantly surprised with how well I coped this morning.
Shocked but happy.com !!!

[STRIKE][/STRIKE]

Been doing some gentle walking on and off for a couple of weeks so this morning I set of at a brisker than usual pace and tried intervals of normal and brisk walking. Used lamp posts as distance and even put in 3 little runs-didnt mean to but it suddenly felt right to . Going to do it again on firday and then next week start the C25K properly next week.Going to use this week as a little tester and warm up,ease myself into it cos I really am unfit but was pleasantly surprised with how well I coped this morning.

Brilliant! Well done. I'm sure you'll find that the C25K changes your life! It did mine. Good luck

Dx

Well done hun!!! YAY!! X

Back