C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I did it! I finished the programme today & did my very first 5k race. Plus I didn't come last!! I did it in about 32 or 33 mins. Very proud of myself!! :)

I did it! I finished the programme today & did my very first 5k race. Plus I didn't come last!! I did it in about 32 or 33 mins. Very proud of myself!! :)

Yay Sinead! That's fantastic! :D
32-33 sounds pretty damned good for 5k. Well done you!

Dx

Thanks Dee & Denise! I'm still beaming :)

I'll be joining you on the B210k thread next week Denise!

Sinead congratulations on completing the c25k, it gives me some inspiration as I did my first day on it yesterday.

Sinead congratulations on completing the c25k, it gives me some inspiration as I did my first day on it yesterday.

Well done Kate! It's a fantastic programme you'll love it and you'll be amazed how quickly you'll improve :D

Dx

I am so glad I started this programme. Went out for a run today and loved being out when the weather was so gorgeous. If I hadn't started this I would probably have sat in the house and missed the day. :D

Completed Week 1 day 2 on Monday (possibly not the wisest idea before a 90 min dance rehearsal where we had to give 100% (rather than just going through the moves to learn a choreography) for the entire time for this style of hyperactive arabic dance (hope the link works) Sabrina dancing Iraqi Style with the Babylon Band in Bradford - YouTube .

Thankfully I don't ache anywhere near as much as I expected and should be off out again tonight for day 3.

Just found this thread. Really, really want to have a go at C25k - but am still very big, despite having lost nearly 2 stones. Downloaded the MP3 for my ipod - now just got to get out there and give it a go (have located industrial estate near me that seems like it might be nice and quiet in the evenings!) xxx

beckyn22 said:
Just found this thread. Really, really want to have a go at C25k - but am still very big, despite having lost nearly 2 stones. Downloaded the MP3 for my ipod - now just got to get out there and give it a go (have located industrial estate near me that seems like it might be nice and quiet in the evenings!) xxx

Welcome Becky! I recognise you from the NSV thread.

I'm delighted you've found somewhere to do your runs. Best of luck with it. You'll get plenty of support here. x

How did you get on with day 3 Tiphareth? Best of luck with week 2. x

Thank you Sinead! Just got to get out there and do it now!! xxx

beckyn22 said:
Thank you Sinead! Just got to get out there and do it now!! xxx

You'll be grand Becky. Just remember that we all had Day 1 Week 1. It's not easy but you'll be amazed at what you can do if you stick with the programme. Just take it slowly.

Thank you sweetie. Did you repeat weeks of the programme or sail straight through? xxx

beckyn22 said:
Thank you sweetie. Did you repeat weeks of the programme or sail straight through? xxx

No I didn't repeat any but a wouldn't say I exactly sailed through either. I knew I had a race on the very last day of the programme so I was very disciplined in going out every second day & doing the session I had scheduled. Definitely some days were very tough & I wasn't sure I could do it but I just kept thinking of the great group on this thread that kept telling me just to try my best & see what happens. It worked for me anyway.

Tonight was one of my best runs yet. I did a great time & it was just a lovely night for it. I really love going out for my run now. :)

slimming sinead said:
How did you get on with day 3 Tiphareth? Best of luck with week 2. x

I had phone problems so didn't get out. Plan on going when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks Sinead - that is good to hear. I so want to get to the stage where I love running! I've come across so many people in my life who've been bitten by the running bug and had amazing results. It was a beautiful evening last night for a run. How far did you run? I am planning to start the programme this weekend. Will keep coming on here 'cos it makes me accountable lol! xxx

beckyn22 said:
Thanks Sinead - that is good to hear. I so want to get to the stage where I love running! I've come across so many people in my life who've been bitten by the running bug and had amazing results. It was a beautiful evening last night for a run. How far did you run? I am planning to start the programme this weekend. Will keep coming on here 'cos it makes me accountable lol! xxx

I ran about 5k and walked about 1k between my warm up & cool down.

I know what you mean about being accountable when you come on here. I thought about it like that too. x

I may have completed week 1 day 3 but I'm not sure, as previously menioned I'm currently having phone problems so the app isn't available. I have however, been out for 30 minutes and covered 2 miles swapping between running and walking, just not for the set times. Can't wait till I can go out and just run for the full 30 minutes.

Even though this is only my third run, I'm already noticing how much better feel at the end of a run.

Back