C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Welcome pearls girl! I was wondering how you were getting on as we hadn't heard from you in a while. Well done you for doing some runs while you were away. I hope I'll be able to do some when I take hols in the summer.

I think I'd just build on your 20 min run that you did today & not go back to walking. You know you can do the 20 so you could do that again and then go up to 22, 25, 28, etc.

Thanks for the advice guys! Just got back from a run - did 23 minutes so am v chuffed, feel that maybe I haven't lost too much fitness after all. I think I will carry on with the non-stop runs now as psychologically I want to get myself in that mindset ready for the Race for Life - my aim being to run the thing with no stops or walks. That is in June so feel I am back on track to meet that goal.

I felt that my pace was pretty good today, but Map Your Run reckons I only covered 1.8 miles... need to build on that if I am to feel 5K-ready!

You all are so encouraging!

Am due to do w1 d2 this evening. Started this last week and d1 was actually ok (despite being very red faced afterwards!).

Looking forward to running a 5k without stopping - always baffles me how easy it seems for some people, looking forward to being one of those people lol

Best of luck with it Millspoon. I used to be baffled at how people could run for that length without stopping too! I was very unfit but somehow managed to do it. Enjoy it & just accept that some days are easier than others but just keep at it.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on! x

w1 d2 completed yesterday - definitely getting easier. Not looking forward to upping the run time though. 1 minute is most definitely enough at the moment!

Hider - hope you pleasantly surprised about how easy the step up is next week. I was on Sunday when I did week 2 day 1 (even went out for a 4 mile walk in the afternoon, off out for day 2 when I get home tonight and looking forward to it. I felt a complete wreck after week 1 day 1.

w1 d2 completed yesterday - definitely getting easier. Not looking forward to upping the run time though. 1 minute is most definitely enough at the moment!

Trust the programme hun! You'll be amazed :D

If you're running for a minute then you're ready to push yourself. Even if you do a week 2 session and only run for 1 minute 15 seconds you're on your way, you will do more and more each time.

Xx

Well done everyone on your progress
Im still walking the 3Omins every day on my treadmill
The incline is really holding me back , I am finding it easier each time
but I cant imagine ever running on it :-(

Trust the programme hun! You'll be amazed :D

If you're running for a minute then you're ready to push yourself. Even if you do a week 2 session and only run for 1 minute 15 seconds you're on your way, you will do more and more each time.

Xx

Thank you!

Have to admit - read this entire thread yesterday before I did the d2 stint and it really helped. Your advice to others about taking it slowly really helped - so from me a big thank you! xx

Thank you!

Have to admit - read this entire thread yesterday before I did the d2 stint and it really helped. Your advice to others about taking it slowly really helped - so from me a big thank you! xx
She's a bit good that Denise!!! She helped me through the programme!!! X

Deezer said:
She's a bit good that Denise!!! She helped me through the programme!!! X

And me. I couldn't have done it without Denise & her wise words!

Trust Denise when she says trust the programme - it's true!

Well done everyone on your progress
Im still walking the 3Omins every day on my treadmill
The incline is really holding me back , I am finding it easier each time
but I cant imagine ever running on it :-(

well done for keeping going, how high is the incline and can you adjust it at all?

Even though I was tired and hungry when I got home from work this evening, I still pulled on my trainers and went for my run (w2d2) - I am now feeling quite smug and enjoying my steak and chips.

Hi everyone, as my phone is poorly at the moment so cannot use an app I've been using podcasts, but I can't stand the music, which doesn't help with motiviation. So this morning I've been playing with audacity and created my very own podcast with my own music to keep me going. Not sure I'll like listening to my voice though.

just done week 2 day 1, i set my ipod for 5 km's and then do run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds. i dont like the music on the podcasts either, but have some fab running music. as i have set for 5 kms even if i do take a little longer between runs i am happy

Taskey - just noticed you're in Bielefeld, my mum lived there when she was about 7.

Completed week 3 day 1 and it felt so much better with my own music. This will be so much better till I can get my phone back.

i have lived here for 7 years now - i love it :)

My mum used to love it, especially the sledging in winter.

Just completed w3d2, I am forever amazed at how much easier days 2 and 3 of the week get and you wondered why you thought you'd have a problem at the start of the week, although it doesn't stop me wondering if the next week will be the threshold of it getting too hard to complete.

I've just started!!!

Did week one session on Saturday and Sunday morning - it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

I have entered a Race For Life and I really want to run it - its 11 weeks away so fingers crossed I will get on with the training and be able to run as much as I can.

Rest day today and then back out tomorrow after work.

Back