C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Congratulations on getting out there and starting, I'm loving it at the moment.

Just got my first pair of running shoes today and completed week 3 on Sunday. Although I found this run hard as I'd been away partying on the Saturday night and I was so tired from lack of sleep and really hungry as I hadn't eaten much all day. I'm hoping Wednesday's run is such a struggle when I up my times.

Did w1 d3 yesterday.......... I really struggled. I think it was because I had gone out after work and the other 2 sessions were done in the morning as soon as I had got up.

I walk about 2.5 - 3k as part of my daily commute so its possible that my legs were a little tired after that. I'm going to stretch week 1 training out for an extra day - i'll do a week 1 day on Thursday and then move up to week 2 on Saturday.

I am away for the weekend with OH and the kids but there is no reason why i can't get up on Saturday mornign and train (unless i am hungover!) It should be a nice walk/run as I will be by the sea. It will certainly wake me up!

Not logged in here for a couple of weeks... today was day two of week four.... still can't believe I ran the 5 mins stints without collapsing on the park bench afterwards..... I just need some distraction when running rather than focussing on each step I'm doing which makes the running time seem to drag...

I have day 1 of week 4 this evening.

I find listening to music helps with the distraction.

Podcast for week 4 created, just need to convert to MP3 and get changed and then I'm off out.

Well done everyone. You're doing great!

Tiphareth said:
Podcast for week 4 created, just need to convert to MP3 and get changed and then I'm off out.

Tiphareth, is it easy to make podcasts/mp3's? I'd be interested in doing this as I'm not keen on the app's & starting my B210k at the weekend.

Well done everyone. You're doing great!

Tiphareth, is it easy to make podcasts/mp3's? I'd be interested in doing this as I'm not keen on the app's & starting my B210k at the weekend.

I used Audacity and it's pretty easy once you get the basics and terminology. I taught myself using online help and trial and error. You just need to get your music together (download - copy and past), record what you want to say (press button and speak) and then export to mp3 (press button).

Tiphareth said:
I used Audacity and it's pretty easy once you get the basics and terminology. I taught myself using online help and trial and error. You just need to get your music together (download - copy and past), record what you want to say (press button and speak) and then export to mp3 (press button).

Hmmm that sounds doable! I'll give it a go at the weekend. :)

SarahB said:
I've just started!!!

Did week one session on Saturday and Sunday morning - it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

I have entered a Race For Life and I really want to run it - its 11 weeks away so fingers crossed I will get on with the training and be able to run as much as I can.

Rest day today and then back out tomorrow after work.

Hi I've just started the c25k because I too am entered into the race for life and I'm going to run it too.

I did my first session yesterday and my legs hurt it was tough but I'll keep going

Has anyone started wk4?! Im on wk 3 dy 3 tomorrow but looking ahead to wk 4 is terrifying! Not sure I'll manage it! X

Has anyone started wk4?! Im on wk 3 dy 3 tomorrow but looking ahead to wk 4 is terrifying! Not sure I'll manage it! X

I've just done week 4 - but I think I'm going to repeat it as it didn't go as well as I would have liked - first session I had a phone call which knocked off my pod cast so didn't know how much I had left of my last run and the third session was a mess as I ate just before hand and hadn't rested after the second session so I felt rough and sick during the last two runs. The second session went well though and I learnt a lesson during the third session. (part of me is also a little terrified of week 5)

But the runs jump so much - how did you keep going for 4mins the jumping back into 6mins I find 3mins hard! X

Well done to all you C25Kers. I was just like you - before Xmas I believed that I was unable to run and would have laughed at you if you had told me that I would be out runing for half an hour at a time and enjoying it. But I am on week 8 of the plan and can run for 28 minutes now with enough left in the tank to break into a jog again on the way home. And actually enjoy it. I have had a set-back with being ill for a couple of weeks in February but I am back on track now and can't wait to finish the C25K next week and then create a new training plan ready for the Race for Life. I would even go so far as to call myself a runner now.

Keep going everyone!

Pippa xx

Well done to all you C25Kers. I was just like you - before Xmas I believed that I was unable to run and would have laughed at you if you had told me that I would be out runing for half an hour at a time and enjoying it. But I am on week 8 of the plan and can run for 28 minutes now with enough left in the tank to break into a jog again on the way home. And actually enjoy it. I have had a set-back with being ill for a couple of weeks in February but I am back on track now and can't wait to finish the C25K next week and then create a new training plan ready for the Race for Life. I would even go so far as to call myself a runner now.

Keep going everyone!

Pippa xx

It's great to hear from you again Pearlsgirl. :wavey: You've done so well to get back to the plan after being ill & after your holiday. It's great that it's going well for you. How far is the Race for Life?

I just started the B210K today as I've signed myself up for a 10k race on the 20th May so I need to get focused now. Maybe you could do that too once you've finished C25K? Today's session was 10 min run, 1 min walk x 4 times plus 5 min warm up & 5 min cool down. It was tough enough as I hadn't been out in a week but so glad to be back on a plan now with a target in mind! There's a B210k thread here that Denise set up if you're interested - http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/259188-b210k-jogging.html

Keep going everyone!

Pippa xx

Congratulations on getting to week 8. 3/4 weeks and I should be there.

After some faffing about, i'm now on week 2. Although harder and I was knackered after - definitely going in the right direction.

Not sure im looking forward to upping it even more though!

Just done w1 d2 and my legs hurt going to leave it a few days before I do d3 let my legs recover a bit. It's really hard but It shows how unfit I am but I'll keep going :)

Well I've rested my legs for 2 days they are feeling fine so tomorrow I shall complete my last training session for week 1.

I've found it quite hard both times but I'm determined to keep going. I'm hoping as I lose weight that will help and when I come off the vlcd that will also help. But for now tomorrow is the day :)

I have been soooooooo rubbish this week, I haven't been out since Saturday.

I have been to sports direct this week and have kitted myself out with some proper running gear.......back on track tomorrow morning!!!

Back