C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Well I've rested my legs for 2 days they are feeling fine so tomorrow I shall complete my last training session for week 1.

I've found it quite hard both times but I'm determined to keep going. I'm hoping as I lose weight that will help and when I come off the vlcd that will also help. But for now tomorrow is the day :)

Good luck, the program seems to work, I've just completed run 1 of week 5, and each step up I surprise myself at being able to complete it, the only times I've not completed successfully and had to repeat has been due to technological issues, except the time I was starving so are not long before going out (never again - I felt so sick).

Tiphareth said:
Good luck, the program seems to work, I've just completed run 1 of week 5, and each step up I surprise myself at being able to complete it, the only times I've not completed successfully and had to repeat has been due to technological issues, except the time I was starving so are not long before going out (never again - I felt so sick).

I really do hope I can manage week 2 but I'm going to push myself to complete it. I'm following a vlcd at the moment but don't think this will interfere to much as been on it quite a while now.

Loving the exercise tho I walk 5 miles a day when I'm not on a run day

Wow week 5 that's amazing it's so inspirational to see people in the weeks ahead of me :)

I have been soooooooo rubbish this week, I haven't been out since Saturday.

I have been to sports direct this week and have kitted myself out with some proper running gear.......back on track tomorrow morning!!!

Best thing I ever did was get proper running shoes and sports bra, they've helped with aches and pains whilst out running, due to the support and cushioning.

Also not long after starting I went to sports direct and got myself kitted out in matching gear - and so cheap (although it's a shame it's not the fantastic bargain I originally thought t was as Karimoor is no longer the premium brand it was 10/15 years ago when I was doing a lot of hill walking -but still a bargain no the less).

I got myself a sports bra it was that or duck tap lol as I've still got 21lbs to lose so they will shrink a lot.

I been using my Nike air max trainers as they are so comfy and cushioned the running.

It certainly worked my upper legs as after the first two sessions did they hurt lol. But all recovered I'll be up early running tomorrow to complete my week :)

I've heard a few say that your stamina builds quite quickly as the runs do increase every week. I'm nearly dead when it beeps for me to walk lol ha ha ha

I got myself a sports bra it was that or duck tap lol as I've still got 21lbs to lose so they will shrink a lot.

I been using my Nike air max trainers as they are so comfy and cushioned the running.

It certainly worked my upper legs as after the first two sessions did they hurt lol. But all recovered I'll be up early running tomorrow to complete my week :)

I've heard a few say that your stamina builds quite quickly as the runs do increase every week. I'm nearly dead when it beeps for me to walk lol ha ha ha

I only have 5lbs left to lose so don't think I'm going to be shrinking much in the bra department now, I realised very quickly that a 30GG is not a sensible size to be running without a suitable bra.

I'm surprised at how my stamina has built and how I've been able to push myself.

Omg gg you defo need sports bra I'm only a c cup and they will go down some yet

Completed week 1 today getting easier but still hard

Proud of my self

I found wk 1 the hardest bc that's the biggest shock to your system so well done!!

And deffo shock absorbers are my new bet friend lol x

Mizkirsty said:
I found wk 1 the hardest bc that's the biggest shock to your system so well done!!

And deffo shock absorbers are my new bet friend lol x

It was definately a shock to my system lol but can't wait now to start week 2 :)

Each week you do feels like an achievement especially when you look At it and think no way can I do that and then you do! X

Mizkirsty said:
Each week you do feels like an achievement especially when you look At it and think no way can I do that and then you do! X

Yes definately I never thought I'd be able to complete week one as first session nearly killed me now I can't wait to start Easter Monday with week 2 :)

Hi there, hope you don't mind me joining but I really need the support !!! I have lost 23 but still 2.5 stone overweight, I do roughly 5-7 fitness classes a week (combat, body conditioning and Zumba) I also park 15 mins from work and walk the rest of the way, feel my body is getting used to the amount of exercise I do so thought I would start the couch to 5k to aid my weighloss.......................... thought I was starting to get fit and didn't ever imagine how hard running for 60 sec intervals would be !!!!!

I got through week one and in the next half an hour am going to attempt the first session of week 2.................... was reading all the entries in this thread last night and it has inspired me but still don't know how I am going to run for 90 secs when 60 was so hard !!!! oh well will keep you all posted .......

Hi there, hope you don't mind me joining but I really need the support !!! I have lost 23 but still 2.5 stone overweight, I do roughly 5-7 fitness classes a week (combat, body conditioning and Zumba) I also park 15 mins from work and walk the rest of the way, feel my body is getting used to the amount of exercise I do so thought I would start the couch to 5k to aid my weighloss.......................... thought I was starting to get fit and didn't ever imagine how hard running for 60 sec intervals would be !!!!!

I got through week one and in the next half an hour am going to attempt the first session of week 2.................... was reading all the entries in this thread last night and it has inspired me but still don't know how I am going to run for 90 secs when 60 was so hard !!!! oh well will keep you all posted .......

Good luck with it and I'm sure you'll manage it. I thought exactly the same as you when going from week 1 to 2 (and also moving up each week since) and I've just finished run 2 of week 5 with 2 8 minute intervals. If I can do it anybody can.

Thanks............... happy to report just got back from session 1 wk 2 and must say it was not too bad, one thing I read on here last night really helped ................. don't run too fast ........... many thanks to the lady that posted it, hoping if I continue losing and doing other exercise it will become much easier x

Last edited:
Thanks............... happy to report just got back from session 1 wk 2 and must say it was not too bad, one thing I read on here last night really................. don't run too fast ........... it really helped so thanks to the lady that posted it, hoping if I continue losing and doing other exercise it will become much easier x

Glad to hear your first session on week 2 wasn't too bad.

I have to keep telling myself to slow down when I start off otherwise I'd never make it to the end. "Work on the speed when you can do the time" is almost a mantra with the number of times I repeat it whilst I'm out.

And I find making sure I don't walk to fast is key so I have time to recover walking at. 5.5 was hard and I couldn't catch my breath so I now walk at 5.0! X

Interesting to see what others run at! I tend to do 5.6 for walking and 6.8 for jogging.

I'm STILL stuck on week 2 but I am getting there I think - I try and up calories burnt per session with each time I do something.

I've now 6 weeks till I go away and i've been slacking big time so it's now time to move onto week 3 ! (eek!)

Hider28 said:
Interesting to see what others run at! I tend to do 5.6 for walking and 6.8 for jogging.

I'm STILL stuck on week 2 but I am getting there I think - I try and up calories burnt per session with each time I do something.

I've now 6 weeks till I go away and i've been slacking big time so it's now time to move onto week 3 ! (eek!)

Yeah I found that walking was too quick for me - I'm running at 8.5 so couldn't catch my breath between but 5 and 8.5 seem to be working for me!

Everyone's different - I'm the same I keep going till I hit my cal goal lol xx

Yeah I found that walking was too quick for me - I'm running at 8.5 so couldn't catch my breath between but 5 and 8.5 seem to be working for me!

Everyone's different - I'm the same I keep going till I hit my cal goal lol xx

8.5 is great! I bet you are burning a lot more calories than I currently am. Currently at about 260 per 30 mins but it's increasing each time. Not sure how accurate it is either as treadmill doesn't take into account weight so hoping i'm burning more! (the only benefit of being overweight!)

Congrats btw - 4.5 stone is amazing, any tips for keeping at it? x

Hider28 said:
8.5 is great! I bet you are burning a lot more calories than I currently am. Currently at about 260 per 30 mins but it's increasing each time. Not sure how accurate it is either as treadmill doesn't take into account weight so hoping i'm burning more! (the only benefit of being overweight!)

Congrats btw - 4.5 stone is amazing, any tips for keeping at it? x

I find my cal burn depends on which week I'm doing - I burnt between 280-300 the first two weeks but weeks three is shorter and less running so I burn about 200 :( which is a shame but I imagine week 4 will be an amazing amount of cals with all that running -

Which week are you on?!

I have found my weightloss plateaus at time which is really disheartening - I've had times where ive felt like giving up - but I've now learnt to have faith in it and I now monitor other achievements other than weight ie inches clothes size exercise etc! I've found that's been a positive for me - don't get me wrong I still get her up on numbers but have had to learn that it will catch up! Eventually lol!

I didn't gain the weight over night suppose I can't expect to loose it that quick - although it would be nice haha! X

Hello all, just finished my second session of week 2, not too bad but running for 30 mins straight seems a long way off !!! Now off to Cardio Combat !!!

Back