C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Tiphareth said:
Just go for it, you'll probably surprise yourself, I did. I've taken most of the runs one lamp post at a time and found I've managed to keep going for the whole interval.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, I'm just off to get ready for my first session of week 6.

Thanks I just find that I have such a time running for 2 lots of 3 mins how can I possibly do 6 mins it just seems impossible and I'm worried if I fail I'll feel rubbish and give up hmmm maybe I'll give it a go Sunday after a day of rest!

Xx

Thanks I just find that I have such a time running for 2 lots of 3 mins how can I possibly do 6 mins it just seems impossible and I'm worried if I fail I'll feel rubbish and give up hmmm maybe I'll give it a go Sunday after a day of rest!

Xx

You must have a slightly different plan to mine which was run 3 mins walk 90 seconds run 5 minutes walk 2.5 mins repeat. Which doesn't seem such a frightening jump.

The thing to remember is, this isn't a race, the only person to beat is yourself by progressing through the plan at your own rate, each time you go out and run is an achievement.

I'm using c25k - so it 3min run walk 90sec.run repeat twice!

Next step is 4min run walk 6mim run walk 4min run etc!

I dunno just seems a huge step! X

You could always attempt it, but know that you're not expecting to run the whole 6 minutes, just as much as you feel possible - it would then mean you haven't failed as you didn't go out with the intention of running it all, but it does give you a chance to see what you can do and increases your time to 4 minutes for 2 of the runs.

I like that idea actually and I could see that working and not defeating me!

That's a fab idea so Sunday I'll go along to try and run 4 whole mins and attempt as much of the 6 min as possible!

Thanks I appreciate it :) x

Glad I could help. I've been playing mind games with myself all the way through up till today (which actually felt quite easy after the 20 minute run on Wednesday) promising myself I can walk after the next lamp post if I have to, but I need to get there first, and then realising I didn't feel too bad when I got there so maybe I could make the next one, during Wednesday's 20 minute run I was doing this from 6 minutes in and actually made the full 20 minutes.

Tiphareth you're doing great. Well done. To everyone else, just take it one run at a time. Go out thinking that you'll give it your very best but if you need to walk a bit earlier than you're supposed to then so what. You've already made great progress & you're doing a lot more than you would be sitting In front of the tv. Just trust the plan. It really does work but just take it each step at a time. I honestly found week 1 so hard in January as I was so unfit. I'm now doing the B210k plan & covered 7.7k in last nights session.

Keep at it everyone & believe in yourselves. You can decide what's possible.

Oh to the person who was wondering about weight loss (sorry I can't remember your name) I'm not really sure if it's had much of an effect on the scales for me. I'm a slow loser but have consistently lost 1lb a week while doing C25k & SW so I'm happy with that. I've definitely noticed inch loss though & people regularly comment on how much weight I've lost. My thighs have always been a big problem for me but have slimmed down considerably.

Tiphareth you're doing great. Well done. To everyone else, just take it one run at a time. Go out thinking that you'll give it your very best but if you need to walk a bit earlier than you're supposed to then so what. You've already made great progress & you're doing a lot more than you would be sitting In front of the tv. Just trust the plan. It really does work but just take it each step at a time. I honestly found week 1 so hard in January as I was so unfit. I'm now doing the B210k plan & covered 7.7k in last nights session.

Keep at it everyone & believe in yourselves. You can decide what's possible.

Oh to the person who was wondering about weight loss (sorry I can't remember your name) I'm not really sure if it's had much of an effect on the scales for me. I'm a slow loser but have consistently lost 1lb a week while doing C25k & SW so I'm happy with that. I've definitely noticed inch loss though & people regularly comment on how much weight I've lost. My thighs have always been a big problem for me but have slimmed down considerably.

Thank you, and wow 7.7k you're doing extremely well yourself. Not sure if I want to progress to 10k yet or stick to 5k. Plus finding a route long enough without running backwards and forwards through the village or running on the road could be difficult, then again so could finding hills to help with stamina (ah the joys and pitfalls of living in the middle of nowhere in the Vale of York - flat open countryside and big open skies or no footpaths, no hill challenges and wind - I may need to get some trial shoes and take advantage of the bridlepaths).

Hi all. Reading with interest. This is my second time doing c25k. I did it last year and I was able to run 5k no problem by the end. I then got injuries - knee and ankles, as I have extremely flat feet and hyper mobility, but I really wanted to get back at it. My knee is fine but always have trouble with my ankles but just work through it now....
Anyway, my last run I did 4k straight through, with about 4 - 30 second walks to blow nose!!!
I will never forget watching Jillian Michaels on the biggest loser saw to someone - your body can do these things, its your mind that stops you, and its so true. When you think you aren't ready for the next stage, its only your mind telling you you aren't.... And fear of failure. My sister has had this a few times. She is on wk 3, moving onto wk 4, and last week she kept running, and did 8 mins. I know she won't mind me saying this but she was so unfit at the start of this, had never run, and is about 6 st over weight, but she is doing it. I'm so proud of her.
What I'm trying to say is that we are all capable as long as we have no injuries!!! You can do it, you really can. Just believe!!!!
Ive struggled this week with CBA, but I am determined to get out tomorrow. I'm at a very slow pace, so I'm trying to better my time.
I did the 4k in about 38 mins.
So, again I say, be proud of yourself for doing this.

Sent from my Xperia!!! excuse predictive spelling gone wrong!!

I started c25k last Monday. I hope I'm not the only one that couldn't complete day 1! On Monday I did 2.5 of the 8 runs, Wednesday I did 3 and bit, and on Friday I did 4. I think it's going to take me about 5 weeks just to complete Week 1! I don't mind though, the week before I only got off the sofa to go to bed!

Hello all, pleased to report that I have just completed run 1 week 3, was not too bad just made sure that I paced myself, ran with the podcast and OH which helped, I even did another 3 min run at the end and then carried on walking for another 15 mins, quite chuffed with myself as I had already completed a Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk earlier this afternoon !! love reading everyone's progress x

Hello folks, I started on Wednesday and today (with new trainers!) finished week 1!! Onto week 2 potentially tomorrow, if not wednesday! Hoping to come on here for some support!! x

Hooray Week 3 started (finally) and actually wasn't that bad.

I normally run at 6.8 with a 1 incline but decided to make it a bit easier for myself and run at 6.4 with no incline, surprised at the amount of difference there was for me and it meant the 2 runs of 3 mins were relatively easy.

Going to do one more at week 3 and move onto week 4 hopefully without repeating. This would be my first week of doing that since I started the programme.

Have to say feeling quite proud of myself at the moment!

Looking forward to week 3 it seems a bit step from week 2 tho but I've just completed week 2 session 2 :)

Got Zumba tonight and boxercise Wednesday so really need to do last run Wednesday morning before boxercise as last week I couldn't walk for 2 days lol

Just finished W2D3. I had a slightly sore leg and did run faster today so was finding it quite a challenge by the end but I think i'll give it 2/3 days for my leg to recover and then crack on with week 3!Week 3 looks scary but then I thought that about week 2 and i've somehow got to the end of it! Definitely agree with the comments about it being all in the mind!

soooom said:
Just finished W2D3. I had a slightly sore leg and did run faster today so was finding it quite a challenge by the end but I think i'll give it 2/3 days for my leg to recover and then crack on with week 3!Week 3 looks scary but then I thought that about week 2 and i've somehow got to the end of it! Definitely agree with the comments about it being all in the mind!

Yes I'm thinking week 3 looks scary but as u said I thought same about week 2.

Ahh we can do it and we will do :) and how proud we will feel

Hello all, love reading how everyone is getting on I really find it motivates me, just completed session 2 week 3 found it ok but just keep telling myself to go slow and it seems managable, I also walked 3 miles this afternoon so pretty happy with that.

I did run 2 of week 6 yesterday. I had a bit of pain in my foot on the second run so walk for about a minute trying to decide whether to repeat on Wednesday, or move on to run 3.

Each week appears to be scary at the beginning.

I'm starting week 4 today I've repeated week 3 twice as still don't feel I can run for 14min total at 4 and 6 min intervals! It's a huge jump but we shall see! X

Week 3 is fun - decided to run on after the 3 minutes a couple of times today in anticipation of week 4 and managed 5 minutes. It's an amazing feeling to think that a few weeks ago I could barely do 1 minute without turning into some sort of dribbling mess, now 5 minutes!

roll on the 5k and the 30 minutes of running non stop (eek!)

Back