C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

I'm starting week 4 today I've repeated week 3 twice as still don't feel I can run for 14min total at 4 and 6 min intervals! It's a huge jump but we shall see! X

yikes 6 minutes! A big tip for me was to reduce the speed and incline - although im guessing makes it easier, better to complete it then not at all! You can do it though :)

Hello all, happy to report that I have completed week 3 tonight, looking forward to week four run one on Friday !!!

Week Four Run One done this morning - absolutely fine but definitely ready to finish when it ended and sweated loads!

phew!

Hider28 said:
Week Four Run One done this morning - absolutely fine but definitely ready to finish when it ended and sweated loads!

phew!

I'm doing mine tonight! I'm nervous- don't think I'll manage the whole thing - I'm gonna run at 7.5 not 8.5 (which is what I have been) bc I'm not convinced I'll finish! Xx

I'm doing mine tonight! I'm nervous- don't think I'll manage the whole thing - I'm gonna run at 7.5 not 8.5 (which is what I have been) bc I'm not convinced I'll finish! Xx

I cant believe how fast you run!

I took it down from 6.8 to 6.4 and it became much easier to pace myself. I also took the gradient off that I was running on for my 90 seconds run which made a huge difference

Well I did it I'm so flipping chuffed its unbelievable! I even beat my expectations and compromise by running at 7.7!!!!

I struggled with the final run - mentally more than physically I kept thinking I was too tired and it hurt to much but then I was like actually no my legs are fine etc and managed to finish!

I know it's sad but I feel super amazed I managed it!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement - its clearly proof we will all get there! Xx

Hello, well done everyone, I too started week 4 run 1 at 10.30pm tonight in the cold and wind after being at work all day and out all night, was not too bad, I too struggled with the last 5 min run but when Laura said that we were half way through I seemed to find a second wind despite being cold and tired and my body aching, amazing to think that I ran 16 mins out of thirty, very pleased with that, good luck everyone, I really believe in this training programme as could barely do 90 secs a few weeks ago although 30 mins seems a long way off at the moment x

Well done all!

Week 5 day 1 done for me today. Struggled as it was a Monday morning and I really just wanted to be in bed! Had a sneaky peek ahead and saw 8 minute runs for week 5 day 2 and then a 20 minute run without stopping?!

Not sure im quite ready for that so might be repeating day 1 for a week instead - but adding in an extra 5 minute run to increase workout.

A 20 minute run scares me !

Hello all, completed week 4 run 2, was tired after a nightshift and little sleep but pushed myself, rest day today and then run 3 tomorrow, love reading everyones posts and catching up on how everyone is progressing.

The general consensus seems to be that the programme does work if you stick to it......................... a 20 mins scares me too but am going to keep at it.

Redid week 5 run 1 today, with some extra running at the beginning and end.

Tried pushing the 5 minutes to 6 minutes but today was really hard. Not sure if im doing too much (not having rest days) or just was having an off moment.

Speaking of rest days - does anyone not have these as well? I am already woried about having 2 days off on Friday and Saturday this week which is stupid compared to how much i've done this week already!

Still has to be better for you than shovelling cake in im guessing !

Hi, newbie here! Quick question about rest days. I'm going to join the gym near where I work so I can go 3 times a week, but I already do fitness classes on a tues and wed, so I'd have to do C25K on mon, thurs and fri. Which would mean going without a rest day. The gym is 30mins from where I live, so going on the weekend would mean extra petrol which I don't wanna spend if I don't have to!
Am I hurting myself by not having the rest day? Is it possible to skip one?

Hi, newbie here! Quick question about rest days. I'm going to join the gym near where I work so I can go 3 times a week, but I already do fitness classes on a tues and wed, so I'd have to do C25K on mon, thurs and fri. Which would mean going without a rest day. The gym is 30mins from where I live, so going on the weekend would mean extra petrol which I don't wanna spend if I don't have to!
Am I hurting myself by not having the rest day? Is it possible to skip one?

That's how im doing it at the moment (about 6 days a week) - not sure if this is beneficial or not as the app does clearly state for a rest day.

My philosophy is it's exercise and it's good for you so can't hurt - be interested to know what others think though.

Will you be having the weekend off?

hi there. i started w1d1 yesterday. so glad i managed to do it. did anyone else find that after the first couple of run sessions it got a bit easier (until the last couple, ha). when i had done two of them i didn't think i would make it to half way, but then it seemed to go easier somehow. there was a small amount of swearing when i thought i only had one to go and the lady on the podcast announced there were only two runs left to go, ha. but all in all i managed just about. not sure the walking in between runs could qualify as 'swift' by the end :D but completed.

my new (and rather ugly) running shoes arrived today so hopefully that will help a wee bit. i am really excited. i can't believe i'm excited about running. i don't know where the sudden need to get fit has come from. especially since i've avoided exercise (and especially running) forever. i can only think my 30th birthday looming in january may have something to do with it. ha.

hope it's going well for everybody else!! wish me luck. i'm going to need it.

abz xx

Hider28 said:
Redid week 5 run 1 today, with some extra running at the beginning and end.

Tried pushing the 5 minutes to 6 minutes but today was really hard. Not sure if im doing too much (not having rest days) or just was having an off moment.

Speaking of rest days - does anyone not have these as well? I am already woried about having 2 days off on Friday and Saturday this week which is stupid compared to how much i've done this week already!

Still has to be better for you than shovelling cake in im guessing !

Rest days are as important as training days otherwise it can lead to over training and injury. Your body needs time to recover. On my rest days I do other types of training, mostly dancing, but also toning and strength, and sometimes just a walk. So a rest day doesn't mean doing nothing it means doing something different. Same with strength training, you work a different group of muscles each day rather than everything everyday.

Hider28 said:
That's how im doing it at the moment (about 6 days a week) - not sure if this is beneficial or not as the app does clearly state for a rest day.

My philosophy is it's exercise and it's good for you so can't hurt - be interested to know what others think though.

Will you be having the weekend off?

I'd be doing Zumba on a Sunday but no running. It's just really awkward that I have boxercise on a Wednesday! Otherwise it'd be perfect.

Hello all, just completed week four run three in torrential rain, last 5 mins was tough but pushed myself, with regard to rest days I always have a rest day but do Zumba, body conditioning, combat or a 5 mile walk, this is obviously to lose weight but also to improve fitness etc ......

Last edited:
Starting week 6 again as I've had a week off due to dance commitments over the weekend.

Surprised myself that I managed run one with no difficulties.

Really struggled the last couple of days - seem to have lost all stamina! Going to push right back to week 4 and try again.

ho hum. :(

Really struggled the last couple of days - seem to have lost all stamina! Going to push right back to week 4 and try again.

ho hum. :(

Hi Hider

Just looked back and seen that you mentioned going out 6 days a week. I have attached an article about over training, which can result in loss of performance, hope this helps. Don't know which version of the programme you are doing, but most of them plan for three days running a week. ie week 5, 6 on the programme I'm following has 3 different runs.

Running Injury Free: Overtraining In Your Running

Hi Hider

Just looked back and seen that you mentioned going out 6 days a week. I have attached an article about over training, which can result in loss of performance, hope this helps. Don't know which version of the programme you are doing, but most of them plan for three days running a week. ie week 5, 6 on the programme I'm following has 3 different runs.

Running Injury Free: Overtraining In Your Running

That's really helpful thank you - and agreed! I'm taking Saturday off and just going for a walk tomorrow then back on it Sunday, this time with rest days!
Over impatience wins again :)

Back