C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Hider28 said:
ha! I've done that before! What app are you doing?

Seem to be really struggling with this at the moment which is annoying me. Went back to week 3 today to try and get back into it and managed it plus an extra 2 mins on the run at the end but honestly was ready to give up at any moment :(

Need to get my focus back on track I think

I have the iPhone app c25k (now called ease into 5k running) which appears to be much kinder!! Lol

Well done you I could never attempt that! I'm on week 5 running a total of 18mins ATM! Which I can do reasonably.

That seems like a huge amount for week 5!! Xx

Hello Ladies (and gents if you are reading) happy to report just completed week 6 run 1, usual 5 min warm up walk followed by 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run then usual 5 min cool down walk, went ok...................run 2 on Friday then fun run on Sat, am going to use the podcast as I go, will be on run 3 so going to try and follow that which will be 5 min usual warm up walk and 25 min run (eeeeek !!)

Tractor girl said:
Hello Ladies (and gents if you are reading) happy to report just completed week 6 run 1, usual 5 min warm up walk followed by 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run then usual 5 min cool down walk, went ok...................run 2 on Friday then fun run on Sat, am going to use the podcast as I go, will be on run 3 so going to try and follow that which will be 5 min usual warm up walk and 25 min run (eeeeek !!)

Good luck

Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes. x

well done everyone.

i've had to give my run a miss today. my knees are incredibly sore and rather puffy. am having trouble with stairs. didn't think it prudent to run on them. has anyone else had problems with their knees? any idea what i can do to sort them out in between runs? this is the first time they are sore after five runs. and i don't usually have knee joint pain. any tips? i don't want to have to give up.

abz xx

Completed run 3 of week 6 today - realised half way round I have no more runs with walks in them.

The only walking I did today is due to doing a new route and not realising I would be wading ankle deep through mud and grass. Don't think I'll be doing that one again until it's dried out, my nice new, white running shoes are now drying off and don't look new anymore, and I don't like running with squelchy feet.

I did the second run of week 4 today. Actually felt good enough to sprint the last minute of the last set of 5. Meant I recorded my furthest ever distance, my fastest max time and my fastest average! Xx

I've got wk5 r3 tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it and yet dreading it at the same time...can I really run for 20 mins non-stop??? :confused:

Babana said:
I've got wk5 r3 tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it and yet dreading it at the same time...can I really run for 20 mins non-stop??? :confused:

You'll probably surprise yourself, I know I did. Just take it steady so you hold something back for the end of your run. I found it was more of a mental struggle than a physical one, the temptation to stop can be quite large and your mind will make you think your body can't cope, but as I've slay said take it steady as you've been building up to this for 5 Weeks. I start week 7 tomorrow, so no more walking for me.

Good luck, I believe you can do this, and you'll feel pretty high when you complete it, our at least shortly after.

You'll probably surprise yourself, I know I did. Just take it steady so you hold something back for the end of your run. I found it was more of a mental struggle than a physical one, the temptation to stop can be quite large and your mind will make you think your body can't cope, but as I've slay said take it steady as you've been building up to this for 5 Weeks. I start week 7 tomorrow, so no more walking for me.

Good luck, I believe you can do this, and you'll feel pretty high when you complete it, our at least shortly after.

Thank you :) Some good advice there. Well done for you for getting to week 7. You must feel like a proper runner now!?!

Tiphareth said:

That's so true I find myself wanting to give up and when I actually think about it physically I'm fine it's all in my head ! Xx

can anyone offer any suggestions to help with my knee pain problem? otherwise i'm going to have to knock this on the head until i've lost a lot of weight... and it was supposed to help with that.

abz said:
can anyone offer any suggestions to help with my knee pain problem? otherwise i'm going to have to knock this on the head until i've lost a lot of weight... and it was supposed to help with that.

Joints can be delicate if you're worried about anything my only recommendation would be to get professional advice.

I am sooooo pleased with myself. This morning I did wk5 r3.. I ran 20 mins non-stop! A few weeks ago this would just have been an impossibility. I was nervous this morning and actually found the first 10 mins quite hard. I must've then got into my stride as the second 10 mins seemed much easier. When Laura said it was two mins to go I even managed to speed up a little. :D Roll on week 6!

Good luck to everyone else doing this!

Abz...Go see the GP and ask him, he/she may just say it's the stress of the weight and recommend strapping it, but if you're in any discomfort I really would get their advice over an internet forums. Our joints a valuble things in the weight loss/fitness game so I'd hate for something to happen!

I'm 'off the wagon'. Not done excercise since Tuesday night, so back on it for me today. Week3 Run2...and I'm scared of 3 mins still.

Congrats on anyone who is up to week 5+. You're all insprining to me!

Oh - well done Babana! That's amazing.

Just got back from week3 day2 and I really really struggled. I just can't see how I'll be able to do week 4. I was so close to giving up the whole plan!

I am sooooo pleased with myself. This morning I did wk5 r3.. I ran 20 mins non-stop! A few weeks ago this would just have been an impossibility. I was nervous this morning and actually found the first 10 mins quite hard. I must've then got into my stride as the second 10 mins seemed much easier. When Laura said it was two mins to go I even managed to speed up a little. :D Roll on week 6!

Good luck to everyone else doing this!

Well done, thats fab, it is a great feeling completing 20 mins isn't it ! 25 for me tonight (eeeek!)

Oh - well done Babana! That's amazing.

Just got back from week3 day2 and I really really struggled. I just can't see how I'll be able to do week 4. I was so close to giving up the whole plan!

You can't give up, the programme is training you and it is not easy going from couch to running, are you doing other cardiovascular exercise on your rest days to improve your fitness

Just remember to really slow down when the going gets tough, as the weight drops off you and you get fitter it will be come easier, bear with it and if you need to repeat a run then do so before you move on to the next run, don't give up though x

I would see your GP, would be a shame if you had to give it up x

Thanks Tractor Girl. I won't give it up - worst cast, I'll repeat week three before moving on. I do spinning 3 or 4 times a week normally thinking of maybe swapping one for a . I did a 90 minute yoga class before the run (and it was a tough one, was sweating!) and I think it zapped my energy more than I realised..plus just two days off from exercise must have affected me more than I thought it would.

Randomly...saying about weight dropping off...I've been STS for three weeks since starting properly at the gym. Anyone else find the first weeks didn't help **** the pounds?

Back