C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Debbi8489 said:
I know...it was -5 on Sunday night :(

Did you start Week 2? I've just completed W2R2. I cant say I enjoyed it, but I do get a great deal of satisfaction :)

Oooooh nasty weather, they will wonder what's hit them :(

I did w2r1 last night, I'm with you can't say I enjoyed it but gave me immense satisfaction - definitely going to stick with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

May have just done something silly, I have challenged my boss to a 5k race. Only saving grace will be he doesn't run, but he does play football.

no what i meant was you all seem to achieve it thaats all i cannot run 30 seconds hhhaah well i can just about

I could only manage 45 seconds in Week 1. Now I can managed 90 seconds ok

Oooooh nasty weather, they will wonder what's hit them :(

I did w2r1 last night, I'm with you can't say I enjoyed it but gave me immense satisfaction - definitely going to stick with it :)

I did think that the weather would be better, but I just throw on my thermals and a hat and so far, so good :)

May have just done something silly, I have challenged my boss to a 5k race. Only saving grace will be he doesn't run, but he does play football.

Wow! Brave :)

Saw this and thought of you girls.....

543198_10151669253760018_722125017_23777306_1477677085_n.jpg

Starting this on Sunday if the weather isn't too bad. Really can't wait all u girls are my inspiration to start and finish this, well done x

I really like the fact that it's three days a week (I'm about to do W3D2) - first run of the week feels like a challenge because I really don't know if I can do it, then knowing I've only got to do that run twice more is really motivating and the second run is good because I know I've already done it once, and then the motivation for the third run of the week is knowing I can tick that one off my list :)

Just finished wk6! I cannot believe I just ran for 25 mins. Mind you I was as red as a beetroot at the end of it! I covered 2.5 miles in that 25 mins so I'm pretty slow but when I think about how difficult I found week 1 and now I can run for 25 mins! I'm sure my speed will pick up over time.

Just finished wk6! I cannot believe I just ran for 25 mins. Mind you I was as red as a beetroot at the end of it! I covered 2.5 miles in that 25 mins so I'm pretty slow but when I think about how difficult I found week 1 and now I can run for 25 mins! I'm sure my speed will pick up over time.

Well done, you! I'm really looking forward to being able to do that myself so it's always inspiring to hear about other people's success :)

Just finished week 7, which on my plan is 25 minutes running, 28 minutes for me on Sunday.

I need some advice guys...I completed week 4 today but have had a gap of a week between runs 2 and 3 due to a friend visiting. I really pushed myself tonight and my average speed and fastest were pretty comparable to run 2 (I track with endomondo as well as listening to the podcast). I'm on a tight timescale so am keen to go onto week 5 run 1 on Sunday to try to make up time! Is this ok since week 4 was so spread out? I actually (whisper it!) enjoyed tonight, really felt I could lengthen my stride and push on a bit (although the last 5 minutes was hard!)

Advice welcomed please!! X

I'm new to doing the C25K programme itself but I can't see a reason why that would be a problem - if you'd had a big gap and lost fitness because of it then that might be an issue but personally I'd just have your rest day and then try your next run. If you struggle with that then you can always go back and repeat a run but I don't see why you'd need to restart the current week or anything :)

i so need to start this need some jogging bottoms and trainers asap

Looking forward to hearing your progress, Mikey!

My week 3 is done :D

I've just done wk1 day 1 and what a lovely day weather wise to start! Didn't find it too bad but 1 mins jogging is enough for me at the moment, was ready for each walking section!
not sure how much I'll do it as really I'm doing another fitness programme (ripped in30) but it was nice to do something else, especially when the weathers so good. Also I'm doing the race for life in July which this time I'd like to jog the whole way, done it twice before but walked most of it.

has this strictly got to be 3 runs a week or can you do 5 runs of week 1 or 3in a week and on the fourth day move on

has this strictly got to be 3 runs a week or can you do 5 runs of week 1 or 3in a week and on the fourth day move on
Being a newbie to it I'm not sure on the official line here but I'm not planning on doing it exactly three times a week, just when it fits in.

Being a newbie to it I'm not sure on the official line here but I'm not planning on doing it exactly three times a week, just when it fits in.
yeah next week i wil be walking home from work at 12 at bight and thinking of throwing some trakies on and starting but its 5 times so could do fiv days of the plan

I think it's important not to rush through it, your rest days in between are quite important for your body to recover and you don't want to risk injury. Maybe do the C25K walking/jogging on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and just walk home briskly on Tuesday and Thursday?

Week 5 run 1 complete. Slower per km than normal but I've done about 15 hours of pilates in three days so I was sore even walking!! Feel much better now :)

Excited and scared for days two and three! Schedule really tight now as I had a wee hiatus while a friend visited so I'm going to have to run every two days to complete week 9 pre race!! X

Back