C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Started week 4 tonight - that was definitely tougher but I did it! :D I'd been a bit scared before it because I'd had two days off running as I was a bit sore - immediately after a run I feel all enthusiastic but a couple of days off had made me start to dread it a little bit! The longest run in week 3 is three minutes but I didn't pause once on either of the five minute runs. Very pleased but know my legs will feel it tomorrow!

Been rubbish the last few days but back on it tomorrow. Attempting Week 5 day 2 again. 2 x 8 minutes run. bring it on!

Good luck! An eight minute run isn't much longer than a five minute run so think positively, you can do it :)

Hi all!

I did week 1 day 1 yesterday and I'm feeling good about it! Oddly the last run was the hardest, I thought that since it was the last one it'd be easier but I still managed all of them and completed it. Looking forward to the rest of it now! I'm running a 5k in less than 10 weeks so I haven't given myself much room for error!

Hi all!

I did week 1 day 1 yesterday and I'm feeling good about it! Oddly the last run was the hardest, I thought that since it was the last one it'd be easier but I still managed all of them and completed it. Looking forward to the rest of it now! I'm running a 5k in less than 10 weeks so I haven't given myself much room for error!

Great stuff, well done!

PinkToaster said:
Hi all!

congratulations on greeting out for you're first run and wanting to continue.

Week 8 run 1, just wish I could manage more than 2 runs a week, but don't want to push the ankle too much

After a good loss this week was really please so went out to do day 2 week 1. Kind of enjoyed it. Can't see me managing a longer run yet!

Just done the last day of week 1 and now feel ready to do a longer run, especially now I know it's only 90 seconds so not a massive jump!

Ooh I'm climbing snowdon soon! :)

Finished week 1 today. Bit worried as I'm still struggling a bit with the 60 second runs but we'll see how it goes Monday.

Week 5 day 3 complete-20 minutes :) felt great, the podcast really motivates me!! Pushed on the last 10 minutes and recorded my fastest peak time but my overall speed was slower than my ultimate aim!

So chuffed, in January I didn't see myself 4 months down the line 3 stone lighter and running for 30 minutes!!

Good luck everyone :)

xeilidhx said:
Week 5 day 3 complete-20 minutes :) felt great, the podcast really motivates me!! Pushed on the last 10 minutes and recorded my fastest peak time but my overall speed was slower than my ultimate aim!

So chuffed, in January I didn't see myself 4 months down the line 3 stone lighter and running for 30 minutes!!

Good luck everyone :)

Wow, that's a great achievement! I am inspired about getting started now :)

Bit naughty and didn't have a rest day as not sure when I'll next get chance to do it.
just done week 2 day 1. Hadn't realised how much longer 90 seconds is than 60, felt like ages!!! Got through it all though.

lisajade said:
Day 1 week 1 done. I feel sick as a dog! But I like that feeling, kinda.

It gets easier! Week 2/first day week 3 were my worst but I hung in and start week 6 tomorrow!

Well done everyone, keep up the good work.

I did w8r1 this morning. I completely changed my route and thoroughly enjoyed it. If someone had said to me a couple of months ago that I would be able to run for 28mins I would have laughed in their face. Just goes to show that it can be done!

Week 6 day 1 today and my first run with another person! Despite a slightly dodgy gps rating at the start, an overall good run and I certainly pushed myself further than normal, and included some hills!! I'll be sore tomorrow!! Away home for a few days this week so it'll be different running there, with the pooch and new routes!! x

I completed week 4 last night! I can't believe how quickly the time is going and the progress I'm making. If anyone is thinking of starting this I can only say 'GO FOR IT!' :D

Heya :) I've done day 1 week 1, I used to love running as a young teen and am hoping to get back into it!

Day 2 week 3. Oh my it's tough. Didn't think 90 seconds jogging would be so hard.
I tried an app today where you should be able to pay music but I couldn't hear or didn't get the instructions. I had to go back to the podcasts.

Back