C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Omg Ive had about two weeks off and started gain today where I left off week 5 day 2 - but omg did I struggle I'm not sure whether it was the heat or whether it was psychological but I could push myself and I ended up pausing between runs because the walks weren't long enough.

My app this day was 6min run 60sec walk 4min run 60sex walk 6min run!! Etc but I couldn't manage with only a 60 sec walk - oh we'll try again thur!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?! I feel a bit of a failure it's the first time I've ever not managed it as directed! Xx

I wouldn't worry too much, just repeat the day. If you've had time out it'll take your body time to readjust!

Week 6 day 2 today and was amazed by the distance I covered. Ran at home so along the promenade with the dog rather than loops of the park. Bliss! Not my fastest ever but two solid 10 minute runs and the pooch was more exhausted than me! On to a 25 minute run on Thursday then all long runs from then on-eeeeek! Felt I could keep going tonight which was nice so I guess I'm getting fitter! Hopefully this will help me to actually wear the 4 bikinis that have appeared in my holiday wardrobe....damn impulse buys!

X

W2D1 done yesterday. I did struggle a bit but I'm not sure if it was because I'm recovering from a cold combined with the heat. D2 tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I am a but worried about it getting more difficult though.

W5D1 done tonight - 5mins running / 3mins walking all repeated three times. Too hot for me to be running really but I did it :D

Not looking forward to W2D2 tonight! Too hot to do anything to be fair!

Has anyone had a look at/joined the 'running bug' forum ...... Great advice and support for beginners! After giving up smoking, I decided I needed to get fit ...... That was 7 months ago now and having followed the C25k program I can now run for quite some distance - never thought I would enjoy it, but I love it :)

Week 6 day 3 complete. Far too slow for my liking yet it was still much further than I've run before! Aiming for race for life in 30 mins yet tonight I did 3.35k in 25 :( argh! Need to speed up! Chuffed I ran at all though i felt pants-it's too hot for pasty scots! X

Did w8 r3 this morning. Got up at 5.30am to do it as I just cannot bear running in the heat. Anyway, it went well. I even carried on to do 30 mins (rather than 28) and managed to do 5.1k. I am soooo chuffed!:D

Did day 1 week 3 today, found it ok. Went out early to avoid the heat.
how do you guys track how far you've run? I currently use the podcast for the c25k but have no idea how far I'm doing.

Finished week 2 today. I'm wondering if I should repeat it because I did struggle. I might attempt week 3 and see how it goes, I'm not sure.

michmick said:
how do you guys track how far you've run? I currently use the podcast for the c25k but have no idea how far I'm doing.

I use endomondo the app. I prefer it to map my run cause it does multiple sports so I track hacks etc too x

I don't track distance at the moment, just follow the podcast and when I've completed the nine weeks I'll look at distances. I've used the walkjogrun website before though (WalkJogRun UK Running Routes - google it anyway), you can plot routes on there.

I use run double app on my phone or walkjogrun online to calculate distances.

just completed W8r3, but the weather is making it really tough and my pace has really slowed down. I had been on track for completing 5k in 30 minutes, but not this week.

Starting week 9 tomorrow so 3 runs left of the program. Then I need to decide where to go next, aim for 10k or improve my 5k times.

My alarm went off at 5.15am this morning (I don't do running in the heat or the evening!) and set off for my wk9 r1. And WOW I think it was one of my best runs. I really quite enjoyed it. Normally the first 10 mins are a killer for me but it wasn't actually too bad today. Anyway, I did just over 5k again in 30mins so I am pretty chuffed. It mans that last time wasn't a fluke. :D

W3D1 done and feeling good about it! Paced myself and did well. The funny part was when the voiceover said 'I know you might feel exhausted...' and I thought no, I'm actually fine thanks!

I did week 7 run 1 today, better times than normal (marginally). Covered 3.49 km in a few seconds over 25 minutes :)So I'd make 5k in 35 minutes at that pace. Really hoping for 30mins so need to push on!! At the worst (uphill) bit, one of those "effortless runners" just glided by me....there's me wobbling along, blood, sweat and tears were close! haha

Hi everyone :)

I've recently started running but wanna look into trying the C25K program. Does anybody have it to hand that they could write it out for me on here or post me the link? I've noticed some people mentioning an app but I'm at work and my bloody app store won't load cause the signal is so naff! x

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

Back